Pretty F'in Sad, or 'With the 3rd Pick in the 2008 NFL Draft...'

SouthernJet

You're right. He was better. He might not have been celebrated as much because he isn't a pass catching threat, but he is what a running should be:

Big

Strong

Tough

Able to take it 20-30 times each every Sunday

Reggie Bush is no running back, he is a scatback, the same thing McFadden will be. We already have one of those (Leon Washington), why the want for another?

I agree that Peterson should have gotten more publicity than Bush, but coming out of College people had christined him to be the next Barry Sanders, things change though. McFadden may not be quite the prospect Peterson was, he still could be one hell of an NFL RB.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're right. He was better. He might not have been celebrated as much because he isn't a pass catching threat, but he is what a running should be:

Big

Strong

Tough

Able to take it 20-30 times each every Sunday

Reggie Bush is no running back, he is a scatback, the same thing McFadden will be. We already have one of those (Leon Washington), why the want for another?

Is mcFadden a Scatback????

6'2 215lbs

Not really the physique of a scatback.:confused0082:

Is mcFadden a Scatback????

6'2 215lbs

Not really the physique of a scatback.:confused0082:

There is no way he is 215. Much closer to 200lbs. He is not a pure running back, it is laughable to think so. He also folds against better opponents, something a lot of people here always hated about Curtis Martin.

He sure as hell isn't a true running back. If you are thinking he is, then I question you big time.

Peterson - 6'1, 217lbs

McFadden - 6'2 215lbs

They are very similar physically with mcFadden probably getting the edge in speed.

He is not a scatback 124, IMO he will be a great NFL RB. Whether its with the Jets or not I really think he will.

Peterson - 6'1, 217lbs

McFadden - 6'2 215lbs

They are very similar physically with mcFadden probably getting the edge in speed.

He is not a scatback 124, IMO he will be a great NFL RB. Whether its with the Jets or not I really think he will.

Peterson is more closer to 230 and McFadden 200. Trust me, McFadden is nothing special. He folds faster than a lawn chair. Would be a complete waste for the Jets to select him.

Peterson is more closer to 230 and McFadden 200. Trust me, McFadden is nothing special. He folds faster than a lawn chair. Would be a complete waste for the Jets to select him.

you have to be a tool to post this crap

a scatback... biggest joke on the board

this kid is better than LJ and has no tude

He's listed as that, he looks like it too IMO.:confused0082:

EHLMHZSWXNQTHPC.20070924010659.jpg

If you really believe the weight listing for players, you need to get your head checked!

Every single player ever examined is off by 10 or so pounds either more or less. I find it funny when I read that Leon Washington weighs 202lbs.:lol:

you have to be a tool to post this crap

a scatback... biggest joke on the board

this kid is better than LJ and has no tude

Bahahahaha. You sir are a fool. Darren McFadden will not ever sniff the jock of Larry Johnson or Adrian Peterson.

You are so wrong on this one, its not even funny. McFadden is a big time back. He's at least 215, probably more. Scat back? LOL.

He is nowhere near 215. 210 at MOST.

Do you also believe Leon Washington is 202lbs?:lol:

assmop, IrishJet and barton .. enjoy McNothing. He won't ever be in a New York Jet uniform, and I can only thank the gods that he won't. Thomas Jones & Leon Washington are here to stay. McOverrated will be some place else.

assmop, IrishJet and barton .. enjoy McNothing. He won't ever be in a New York Jet uniform, and I can only thank the gods that he won't. Thomas Jones & Leon Washington are here to stay. McOverrated will be some place else.

Like I said 124, this will be fun in 2 or 3 years.:cool0043:

Like I said 124, this will be fun in 2 or 3 years.:cool0043:

Yes it will. When, ya know, Adrian Peterson is the best back in the league besides LaDainain Tomlinson and Darren McFadden is struggling for playing time.:P A smaller Cedric Benson anyone?

Yes it will. When, ya know, Adrian Peterson is the best back in the league besides LaDainain Tomlinson and Darren McFadden is struggling for playing time.:PA smaller Cedric Benson anyone?

I would be willing to bet all my money that McFadden will be a good if not great NFL back, we'll see though. All will be revealed.

He is nowhere near 215. 210 at MOST.

Do you also believe Leon Washington is 202lbs?:lol:

So because he's say 215 or 210, he's a scat back? Was Curtis Martin also a scat back because he weighed that much? How about Tomlinson?

Watch HIS GAME. He's not a scatback at all. The guy runs through tackles and over people all game long. He's a beast. It really does not matter if he weights 210 or 225, his game is huge.

While you all have wet dreams about McFadden people like me and 124 will be praying we don't do the dumb thing you want and draft him. I don't know enough about him i'll be the first to admit it. But running back is not our biggest need. Nor are second biggest need.

We need a slot receiver more than we need a freakin' running back.

don't despair jet fans.this only shows that the current jet brass are incompetent.a perfect example is last years draft.with all the picks that the jets had the last draft.they could have built a better defense.take kansas city for example.they drafted defensve players that are starting.when the jets said that the draft was mediocre.it makes me wonder where this current jet leadership is thinking as far as building for the future.

Peterson - 6'1, 217lbs

McFadden - 6'2 215lbs

There isn't a chance McFadden has the edge in speed, Peterson ran a 4.37 last year.

So because he's say 215 or 210, he's a scat back? Was Curtis Martin also a scat back because he weighed that much? How about Tomlinson?

Watch HIS GAME. He's not a scatback at all. The guy runs through tackles and over people all game long. He's a beast. It really does not matter if he weights 210 or 225, his game is huge.

LOL exactly!!!!

Have you ever seen the kid pull a stiff arm????

He is a beast, a beast with speed.

LOL exactly!!!!

Have you ever seen the kid pull a stiff arm????

He is a beast, a beast with speed.

Remeber that Thomas Jones stiff arm against the Dolphins? Adrian Peterson would've flung that f'er right into Section 124.:P

Also I'm just going to say if we draft f*cking overrated McFadden over Chris Long I will kill somebody. Did nobody watch the Virginia game this weekend? Chris Long absolutley dominated he will be amazing as a DE for us.

No because like someone said he is too small to be a dominant 3-4 end.

If we draft another undersized defender in that front 4 I will lose it.

We need size on D, Long doesnt give us that!!!!!

Archived