Pretty F'in Sad, or 'With the 3rd Pick in the 2008 NFL Draft...'

SouthernJet

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the Jets draft Darren McFadden I might just cry because I know the franchise would be set back for years. Are we trying to become the Cincinnati Bengals with all offense and no defense?

I wouldn't mind if they took McFadden and traded Thomas Jones for more picks or an OL, and then they spent later rounds on defense and other OL.

But if they picked McFadden and didn't bother to address the OL until some 6th round pick from a Division IAA school, it would make no sense.

If the Jets draft Darren McFadden I might just cry because I know the franchise would be set back for years. Are we trying to become the Cincinnati Bengals with all offense and no defense?

I wouldn't mind if they took McFadden and traded Thomas Jones for more picks or an OL, and then they spent later rounds on defense and other OL.

But if they picked McFadden and didn't bother to address the OL until some 6th round pick from a Division IAA school, it would make no sense.

And which of those 2 scenarios do you think is more likely with this team? lol Pretty easy to answer since one of them is what we did aready, bwahahaha

And which of those 2 scenarios do you think is more likely with this team? lol Pretty easy to answer since one of them is what we did aready, bwahahaha

you are F'n nuts

this kid is the deal, i believe he is as good or better than AP.

KC will need a stud like this kid, who is a threat to take it to the house every time he touches rock

you are F'n nuts

KC will need a stud like this kid, who is a threat to take it to the house every time he touches rock

If we draft McFadden, sign Alan Faneca and assuming Clemens is somewhat goo we have a top 10 offence.

The D will still hold us back though.

I do in a way agree with 124, if we go allout offence then we may end up like the bengals (only withoiut the criminals) and be defensively challenge for the forseeable future.

Still though, D-Mac may be too good to pass on, he has the potential to be one of the best in the league, and heck, at least we'll ahve a reason to watch the Jets come sundays.:confused0082:

If we draft McFadden, sign Alan Faneca and assuming Clemens is somewhat goo we have a top 10 offence.

The D will still hold us back though.

I do in a way agree with 124, if we go allout offence then we may end up like the bengals (only withoiut the criminals) and be defensively challenge for the forseeable future.

Still though, D-Mac may be too good to pass on, he has the potential to be one of the best in the league, and heck, at least we'll ahve a reason to watch the Jets come sundays.:confused0082:

I honestly had no idea McFadden was a white RB. Not to sound ignorant or anything but I really didn't know they made those anymore. ;)

I should probably watch him play one of these Saturdays if we're going to be picking that high.

wait, just googled him, looks pretty black to me

I honestly had no idea McFadden was a white RB. Not to sound ignorant or anything but I really didn't know they made those anymore. ;)

I should probably watch him play one of these Saturdays if we're going to be picking that high.

you are F'n nuts

No sir, you are the one who is nuts. Darren McFadden isn't anything close to Adrian Peterson. Not in his running style, nor in his body figure. APete is a true back. McFadden is a celebrated scat.

you are F'n nuts

No sir, you are the one who is nuts. Darren McFadden isn't anything close to Adrian Peterson. Not in his running style, nor in his body figure. APete is a true back. McFadden is a celebrated scat.

McFadden White????

[-X

lol, I f'd up when I was looking at the draft prospects list that SJ posted and saw MacFadden and directly above him was the whitest white guy I think I have ever seen.

Damn was I confused. Turns out I was looking at a pic of Brohm. D'oh!

I obviously don't watch much College Football anymore, you can thank golf and my alma mater for that one (Syracuse).

McFadden White????

[-X

lol, I f'd up when I was looking at the draft prospects list that SJ posted and saw MacFadden and directly above him was the whitest white guy I think I have ever seen.

I obviously don't watch much College Football anymore, you can thank golf and my alma mater for that one (Syracuse).

Yeah but Adrian Peterson wasnt near the prospect Reggie Bush was.

Hows that working out???;)

You're right. He was better. He might not have been celebrated as much because he isn't a pass catching threat, but he is what a running should be:

Big

Strong

Tough

Able to take it 20-30 times each every Sunday

Reggie Bush is no running back, he is a scatback, the same thing McFadden will be. We already have one of those (Leon Washington), why the want for another?

You're right. He was better. He might not have been celebrated as much because he isn't a pass catching threat, but he is what a running should be:

Big

Strong

Tough

Able to take it 20-30 times each every Sunday

Reggie Bush is no running back, he is a scatback, the same thing McFadden will be. We already have one of those (Leon Washington), why the want for another?

LOL, only white NFL RB i currently know of is Brian Leonard of the rams.

Am I right in saying hes the only one????

lol, I'm sorry but that was funny. I have seen the nt from lsu play once. He did o.k. If we go def. I really think we need a nt. if there isn't one available trade down. This all hinges on whether or not Clemens gets a shot to play. If Mangini doesn't feel that Clemens can play, lets get a qb for once that will scare some people.

Archived