Listen to me Tangini!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GREENLANTERN

3-4 DEFENSIVE TACKLE

3-4 DEFENSIVE END

GUARD

GUARD

That is the way you should draft.

Christ almighty do I have to state the ******* obvious. I have been saying this since you took over, especially since the Jets playoff game against the Patriots last year when our defensive and offensive lines were pushed back all day long that the two lines need to be beefed up. /KNOCK /KNOCK /KNOCK HELLO MCFLY! ANYONE HOME?

3-4 DEFENSIVE TACKLE

3-4 DEFENSIVE END

GUARD

GUARD

Christ almighty do I have to state the ******* obvious. I have been saying this since you took over, especially since the Jets playoff game against the Patriots last year when our defensive and offensive lines were pushed back all day long that the two lines need to be beefed up. /KNOCK /KNOCK /KNOCK HELLO MCFLY! ANYONE HOME?

I have it on good authority that we're going for LB's and another safety. :P

3-4 DEFENSIVE TACKLE

3-4 DEFENSIVE END

GUARD

GUARD

LISTEN TO ME GL TANGINI DOESNOT CARE WHAT YOU THINK

Why? So we can get more Schlegals?

As far as I know, there aren't any 330 pound monsters projected to go in the first round. Draft the BAP. This team sucks far too bad to draft for need, particularly with a very high pick.

:sign0098: That's the only way to do it Troll.

Why? So we can get more Schlegals?

As far as I know, there aren't any 330 pound monsters projected to go in the first round. Draft the BAP. This team sucks far too bad to draft for need, particularly with a very high pick.

Troll, When was the last time you remember we drafted NEED on this abomination of a team? I cant remember. We have for the most part drafted BPA for years and Im thinking back to the early 90's. There is one time I remember Abraham and Ellis cause we didnt have a pass rush. ITS ABOUT TIME WE DRAFTED NEED AGAIN!

Troll, When was the last time you remember we drafted NEED on this abomination of a team? I cant remember. We have for the most part drafted BPA for years and Im thinking back to the early 90's. ITS ABOUT TIME WE DRAFTED NEED!

What? Bryan Thomas is the only time in recent memory that they drafted a guy to sit him on the bench. This team ALWAYS drafts for need. Or were Nugent, Revis, and Robertson the best available players?

Didn't they claim there were "no great players in the last draft" and that's why they went after Revis and Harris. They also traded for Thomas Jones.

Not one of those players addressed their most important needs. BAP is a nice theory if you build around them. Yeah if they draft a RB in round one then pick OL and DL later in the draft or bring in good players through free agency, then BAP might make sense.

But if you trade most of your picks away for two BAP, you don't improve the team and you sure aren't building anything for the future. At least not a future where you become a legit contender.

What? Bryan Thomas is the only time in recent memory that they drafted a guy to sit him on the bench. This team ALWAYS drafts for need. Or were Nugent, Revis, and Robertson the best available players?

K Ill give you Revis and Nugent. But IMO Thomas was BPA and so was Robertson by way of the Bradwards era of thinking.

Revis wasn't a real need. Harris wasn't a real need. Nugent wasn't the biggest need so early in the draft. Call it what you want, maybe they are diluted in thinking who the BAP player is, but the reason this team never improves is because they never have a real plan.

The defensive line and offensive lines were the biggest issues over the past few seasons. You don't improve if you get rid of more players than you bring in.

Draft two OL one season, let their best OL go the next. Trade your best DE, even with his issues, and don't replace him. Draft a DB and a CB when your DL is the worst in the NFL. At this point Revis and Harris might lose all confidence cause of this DL. Revis looks like he is getting worse and is losing confidence every week.

Vilma also wasn't the BPA.

You know who was?

Tommie ****ing Harris.:Nuts:

Maybe it's more like the Jets never know how to pick the BAP.

DBrick sure isn't the best OL in the NFL, even though he was the 4th pick in the draft.

There might be a reason the Jets rarely have pro bowl players and even less HOF players. Maybe they never know how to pick the BAP. And they sure don't ever pick players based on the most important needs.

Whether or not anyone wants to admit it. Its ok I will. We have very very square pegs trying to be fit in round holes. We absolutely have to draft for need now and also get free agents on need. The lines need serious ******* attention and have for a few years now. This cannot be disputed. If you disagree NP go back and watch the Jets/Patriots playoff game from last year. Case and point.

Whether or not anyone wants to admit it. Its ok I will. We have very very square pegs trying to be fit in round holes. We absolutely have to draft for need now and also get free agents on need. The lines need serious ******* attention and have for a few years now. This cannot be disputed. If you disagree NP go back and watch the Jets/Patriots playoff game from last year. Case and point.

Agree. Why they didn't address these needs in the offseason is a mystery to me. Especially considering they knew back in April that Kendall wasn't in their future plans.

We drafted two offensive linemen in the first round last season. I'm not sure how that is ignoring the o-line. Yes, the Jets need three more offensive linemen, but it is overkill, IMO, to draft all three on the first day of the draft. The Jets scouting department needs to do a better job, because there are a ton of late round and UDFA offensive linemen in the NFL that are more than servicable.

It is not easy to draft 3-4 defensive linemen. 330 pound nose tackles do not grow on trees, and 3-4 defensive ends are NOT pass rushers. Defensive ends that aren't pass rushers do NOT go in the first round. We don't need all world ends, because they are going to be pushed around anyway until we get the 330 pound beast to plug up the middle. Ellis and Coleman will be good enough once there is a legit nose tackle with a couple of 3-4 linebackers roaming behind him.

3-4 DEFENSIVE TACKLE

3-4 DEFENSIVE END

GUARD

GUARD

Here's how it should realy go:

4-3 scheme - if Mangini refuses to run it get a coach and DC who will

DT - preferably a 300lber who can protect MLB Vilma and DT Robertson

Left Guard - Alan Faneca preferably

Right Guard

DE - pass rusher

The Jets can accomplish all those goals realistically in one off-season and right this ship. Will they do it? No.

We drafted two offensive linemen in the first round last season. I'm not sure how that is ignoring the o-line. Yes, the Jets need three more offensive linemen, but it is overkill, IMO, to draft all three on the first day of the draft. The Jets scouting department needs to do a better job, because there are a ton of late round and UDFA offensive linemen in the NFL that are more than servicable.

It is not easy to draft 3-4 defensive linemen. 330 pound nose tackles do not grow on trees, and 3-4 defensive ends are NOT pass rushers. Defensive ends that aren't pass rushers do NOT go in the first round. We don't need all world ends, because they are going to be pushed around anyway until we get the 330 pound beast to plug up the middle. Ellis and Coleman will be good enough once there is a legit nose tackle with a couple of 3-4 linebackers roaming behind him.

You are right. The Jets scouting department needs to do a better job. If they cant find the 3-4 beast to plug the middle coming outta college. Then (and I am totally totally serious here) they need to scout Big Bubbas house of ribs for the beast! LMFAO Now I know your laughing but Im serious.

Its always the same story every year "ya know 3-4 DT's dont grow on trees" That maybe the case. But they probabally do grow on a farm in Texas somewhere!

You are right. The Jets scouting department needs to do a better job. If they cant find the 3-4 beast to plug the middle coming outta college. Then (and I am totally totally serious here) they need to scout Big Bubbas house of ribs for the beast! LMFAO Now I know your laughing but Im serious.

Its always the same story every year "ya know 3-4 DT's dont grow on trees" That maybe the case. But they probabally do grow on a farm in Texas somewhere!

Hey we could always pass up Gabe Watson 3 times in the 3rd and 4th round for the likes of Anthony Schlegel, and the two Smiths.

logoprinter.gif

spacer.gifprinterfriendly.gifimage40.gif

May 2, 2006

Sports Media and Business

Kiper Jr. Slips on Draft Board. The No. 1 Pick Is Mayock.

By RICHARD SANDOMIR

Remember this name: Mike Mayock. On Saturday, faced with better-known and certainly higher-paid analysts at ESPN during the National Football League draft, Mayock, the NFL Network's draft guru, lapped them all.

A former Giants defensive back and college football analyst for ABC, CBS, ESPN and Fox Sports Net, Mayock used superior insight to catapult himself beyond any voice at ESPN, which has carried the draft for 26 years.

It was Mayock who accurately predicted the Bills would select safety Donte Whitner with the eighth selection (while ESPN's Chris Berman hinted at a "curveball" coming, perhaps because the networks are told 15 seconds before the pick is announced), then said the Lions would take linebacker Ernie Sims with the ninth pick (while Berman said it would be the "highest-impact defensive player").

Mayock demonstrated his knowledge of the sport

I COMPLETELY - 100% - AGREE WITH THIS POST. WE HAVE SKILL PLAYERS ALL OVER THE FIELD WHO ARE BEING WASTED....WASTED!!!!....BECAUSE WE DO NOT EXCELL IN THE MOST BREAD AND BUTTER ASPECT OF FOOTBALL:

THE OFFENSIVE AND DEFENSIVE LINE.

DOMINANT 'O' AND 'D' FRONTS ARE WHAT MADE COUNTLESS LEGENDARY TEAMS...WELL....LEGENDARY:

STEELERS,

COWBOYS (OF THE 90'S),

REDSKINS,

RAVENS,

BRONCOS,

NINERS.

IT ALL STARTS UP FRONT!!!

THIS IS WHY I FELT THAT MANGINI'S DRAFT WAS SO GREAT HIS FIRST YEAR AND SO QUESTIONABLE THIS PAST YEAR. WHY DID WE NOT GO AFTER A SINGLE O OR D LINEMAN UNTIL THE 6TH ROUND!!!!! UNBELIEVABLE.

Also...Darrel Revis was the best corner selected in the draft. He is the most consistent of all the guys drafted. His time for limelight must wait, but his is the best cover corner, open field tackler and run supporter versus Leon Hall, Aaron Ross and others. love his game.

no he wasn't

by mel kiper and some other homer draft analyst. most nfl ppl and draft analyst did not list him as a franchise QB.

Quinn was a consensus top five player. I did not say it MY opinion that he was a top five player, it was the consensus opinion of most that forecast the draft. Personally, I did not like Quinn. He was not MY BAP when the Jets picked.

/Bump Gotta Im still laughing! LOL Its the truth though!

Quinn was a consensus top five player. I did not say it MY opinion that he was a top five player, it was the consensus opinion of most that forecast the draft. Personally, I did not like Quinn. He was not MY BAP when the Jets picked.

jets are not going the pick the kiper draft. jets will pick who they think was the BAP.

and quinn wasn't a consensus top 5 pick. mike mayock, steve young, and some others didn't have him as a franchise QB.

brady quinn is no carson palmer

Archived