Sponsors advertising on jerseys?

Gang Green Girl

Frank, I'm bumping this. Don't ignore me. :wink:

I would never ignore you GGG. I guess I am old school but blatant marketing like that turns me off. I want to see my teams Jerseys and not some ad promoting something

They allready have it on the boards around the rink littered with ads

Good answer. I'm old school, too. But what if the NHL really needs the money? Should they do it?

The league needs to contract in places that can not support hockey- the way to get stronger is to concentrate on the places that are solid hockey towns. And face it what big advertiser is going to throw a lot of money at a league that can not even get a television contract

The league needs to contract in places that can not support hockey- the way to get stronger is to concentrate on the places that are solid hockey towns. And face it what big advertiser is going to throw a lot of money at a league that can not even get a television contract

If the NHL needs the money THAT BADLY that they will revert to little league tactics, then they should just fold the league right now and go home.

A small corporate logo on the uniform that could raise millions for the league might not be the worst thing in the world. Hell, these new third jersey combinations are already abominations, why not add a small patch that some company is paying for.

Small logo would be OK, maybe.

But I'd sure hate to see this turn into English soccer jerseys where the sponsor logo is the most dominent thing or race car drivers that are walking multi-ads.

On the otehr hand.

Maybe it depends on who the sponsor is.

Some could be quite funny.

d

Because I don't want jerseys that look like this. Is nothing sacred anymore in sports that we have to consider looking at a jersey with advertising on it? Is no arena of human life safe from advertising anymore? For the love of god a police department that borders us on the south has ads on their police cars. god damned pathetic.

The second I see an ad on a Red Wings Jersey I stop watching the game period. If the NHL needs to look like a bush league Arena Football / NFL Europe third class stepchild then I stop watching

Naumenko6.jpg

33815329TAnliM_ph.jpg

5403_1.jpg

5373_1.jpg

Because I don't want jerseys that look like this. Is nothing sacred anymore in sports that we have to consider looking at a jersey with advertising on it? Is no arena of human life safe from advertising anymore? For the love of god a police department that borders us on the south has ads on their police cars. god damned pathetic.

The second I see an ad on a Red Wings Jersey I stop watching the game period. If the NHL needs to look like a bush league Arena Football / NFL Europe third class stepchild then I stop watching

Naumenko6.jpg

33815329TAnliM_ph.jpg

5403_1.jpg

5373_1.jpg

Archived