Pats Sign Chad Morton

PatsFanTX

And the point you're missing is none of us are saying Morton is going to be a WR. We're saying there's a good chance he's going to replace Bethel at KR. Because by all counts, Bethel isn't really a WR either, he's just a KR.

Alot of y'all are saying he's a WR. Saying how there's alot of competition at the WR spot. Chad Morton is a RB, and he won't be taking any WR spots. Go back and read the thread.

Alot of y'all are saying he's a WR. Saying how there's alot of competition at the WR spot. Chad Morton is a RB, and he won't be taking any WR spots.

storm,

It doesn't matter if Morton is a RB, WR, G, T or LB (and yes, I know he was a RB). He will never see the playing field in those positions.

He'll be a kick returner, and that's it.

That's providing he makes the cut.

storm,

It doesn't matter if Morton is a RB, WR, G, T or LB (and yes, I know he was a RB). He will never see the playing field in those positions.

He'll be a kick returner, and that's it.

That's providing he makes the cut.

Well yeah... but he'll still take up a roster position on offense. And it won't be a WR spot.

Well yeah... but he'll still take up a roster position on offense. And it won't be a WR spot.

storm,

That's my concern in this whole deal.

I guess the question is:

Will Morton's cheap price and roster spot be offset by his production in limited (kick returns) game situations?

I'm sure BB will have it all figured out by the opener. :wink:

storm,

That's my concern in this whole deal.

I guess the question is:

Will Morton's cheap price and roster spot be offset by his production in limited (kick returns) game situations?

I'm sure BB will have it all figured out by the opener. :wink:

Maybe he is taking Troy's place in dime pacakges?

Seriously, I think he is Training Camo fodder.

If he shows something he has yet to show in his career, he stays, if not he is cut.

The incumbent kick returners are better.

He is not going to replace Faulk.

Or play wideout apparently. :wink:

Belichick always seems to sign a veteran that ultimately becomes a training camp cut. O-T-I-S and the DB from the Colts were last years victims.

The most significant thing to come from the signing is this:

``My advice to him was that 10 years ago if you could play for the 49ers or Cowboys, you ought to take it - and now that same adage is true for the Patriots,'' Steinberg said last night. ``If a player has an opportunity to play for the Patriots and they want him and a role is there, why not enjoy that experience? In the contemporary National Football League, they are the state-of-the-art franchise.''

As a long-suffering Pats fan, I never thought I would see the day when Leigh Steinberg, or anyone for that matter, would call the New England Patriots THE STATE-OF-THE-ART FRANCHISE. Wow.

The most significant thing to come from the signing is this:

``My advice to him was that 10 years ago if you could play for the 49ers or Cowboys, you ought to take it - and now that same adage is true for the Patriots,'' Steinberg said last night. ``If a player has an opportunity to play for the Patriots and they want him and a role is there, why not enjoy that experience? In the contemporary National Football League, they are the state-of-the-art franchise.''

As a long-suffering Pats fan, I never thought I would see the day when Leigh Steinberg, or anyone for that matter, would call the New England Patriots THE STATE-OF-THE-ART FRANCHISE. Wow.

Excellent find Garb. =D>

I wonder why Morton didn't want to go back and play for the Jets. #-o

Archived