Typical Jets Fan

Maxman

You were there too LBS? I was 7 years old and was still dragged to that game. I remember my Dad telling me that year and the next year that if I was going to be a Jets fan I would have to get used to these types of seasons.

No matter the time of the game, the date, or what else may be going on and no matter the teams record, I will always be at every single home game unless I cannot be there and it would have to be a major thing that would hold me back from a game. I have missed just one game since going to the games from 1995-present, as I had a wedding to attend to back in 2005.

yep... it was one heck of a day. I was home from college and went with my dad and 2 friends. stood almost the whole game since it was so f*cking cold. We were joking and laughing with the others who actually showed up. We were the only regulars from around us who were there. there was no one else in my row.

I wish I was closer to NY so I wouldnt have to miss games due to blizzard (steeler game a few years ago... colts playoff game)

But im with ya... outside of me dying or unpassable roads I will be there.

When I was in my 20s-unmarried, no kids-going was a given. But as you get older, and your weekends fill up with high school and Pop Warner football, basketball, social occasions, etc., a bad season gives you all the reason you need to blow it off, especially if you can get cash on ebay. I don't fault anyone for one minute. This "real fan" stuff is nonsense. You aren't less of a fan because you watch on tv.And if the PSL becomes a reality, there are going to be a whole bunch of people on this board who will watch more and more games on tv rather than in person.

My sons are only going top play those games once. The Jets are always going to be here. And I'd be a bigger fool for missing my sons. Hopefully in the future the Jets play well enough to make those decisions more difficult.

no one said real fan. but the decision to attend a game shouldnt be contingent on the teams record.

Seeing your kids games far outweigh any entertainment and is always an acceptable reason.

you are trying to justify others not attending games because the team sucks. You have reasons to not attend. You will still go to games this year. What is everyone elses excuses??

Fine, whatever. My point is a fan of their team who has tickets should show up to see them play and not backout because they suck. And when we turn it around everyone will wear their green and white and pretend they didnt skip games because the couch looked better.

Sounds like. I have only seen one game on regular tv. The rest have been on sopcast and you can't really get the details on that teeny screen. Only rational reason would be if they were eating the season and planning on bringing in a monster for the blind side next year. They just play left right, not weak strong, right?

I think there is some flexibility there.

I heard Vilma during his interview the other day talking about him and harris playing "Sam" and Mike" at times, so there must be something to that.

There may also be shifting responsibilities for the OLB and ILB depending on what is called.

that's a load of chit. that's saying you support anything and everything. We would turn into the cubs franchise 'maybe next year'. Their management never has to try to bring in a winner because they know their fan base is so dumb that they will attend the games regardless of the product on the field.

I have never been to a jets game in New Jersey, i can only imagine how awful the parking is, the prices are. There is no possible way i would keep going to games, at these prices, and the loss of a day for a product that blows ass.

I support the jets in my own way, every week i record there game and watch. I read a ton of articles on them, i always am thinking what they should do in the draft...to me that is plenty, there is no way they will get me to open my wallet for a **** product like this one.

I do my part, the FO have to do theres.

Jets fans will never make an impact with the front office when they stop buying tickets and have waiting lists. Empty stadiums with all tickets sold mean nothing to the FO.

Plus that is bullsh!t with the Cubs. There are many teams that have gone nowhere and didnt have support of the fans. What was the White Sox excuse for all those years?? Red Sox??? yeah.. i know, ruth...

The Cubs were owned by a cheap owner for MANY years (like the Red Sox) who would never go and get all the pieces to win. It had nothing to do with whether the fans showed up or not. but cubs fans are mostly stupid. Out of all the stadiums I've visited I've never met fans like these who didnt care about the result. I went when the Marlins were blowing out the Cubbies and the people there didnt even know what was going on.

I dont accept anything and everything. I get mad and pissed. But me not showing up wont get Woody all pissed off. It wont accomplish anything. Nothing fans do will change what our FO and owner and HC will do. If you think otherwise you are delusional.

Bandwagon? I don't think so. I've been going since Shea. But damn if I'm going to make the trek for this ongoing debacle. Again, I'm still going to the Browns and Chiefs.

I wont criticize you if you stay home to watch.

I usually go to one or two games a season when a ticket pops up, but I think I'm done for this year. (Having said that, I'll probably end up going to another game, since I've now tempted fate).

:character0050:

Just dont go shopping with your wife when the game is on and you're good. :-P

I wont criticize you if you stay home to watch.

I usually go to one or two games a season when a ticket pops up, but I think I'm done for this year. (Having said that, I'll probably end up going to another game, since I've now tempted fate).

:character0050:

Just dont go shopping with your wife when the game is on and you're good. :-P

I don't go to too many games. For obvious reasons now, but I used to play in all the neighborhood leagues and couldn't get to the games on time, plus I enjoy Sunday dinner and watching all the replays at a comfortable temperature. I respect guys that go to all the games.

Don't know if it's so bad going shopping during the games. I remember I was shopping with my girl when Al Toon caught the pass to beat the Giants. I think I missed five plays total. I don't remember where we were at first, but we switched locations at the half and for Raffy D, I think we were in Ceasar's Bay when Toon caught it.

Chad is on the bench,How could I NOT GO?

Hey when you sat in my seats did you give that guy that sits in back of me a JN Business Card? He would be the worlds best poster. The way he screams. Oh man I would love to read his threads after a loss!

New fan here...daddy never took me to games when I was a kid, so I'm catching Jet fever a little late. Forgive me. ;)

Now, not to say I love times like these, but at this point for me its about the team and not about wins and losses. I've been to one game this season and will be there this weekend, and despite the poor performance, I've had a lot of fun.

Naturally, I have the gift of not being as jaded as someone whose been following the team for a decade or more, and I guess I take that for granted, but I'm glad if I can get a chance to go to a game and be another drunk maniac in the stands.

Proud to be part of Jet Nation!

New fan here...daddy never took me to games when I was a kid, so I'm catching Jet fever a little late. Forgive me. ;)

Now, not to say I love times like these, but at this point for me its about the team and not about wins and losses. I've been to one game this season and will be there this weekend, and despite the poor performance, I've had a lot of fun.

Naturally, I have the gift of not being as jaded as someone whose been following the team for a decade or more, and I guess I take that for granted, but I'm glad if I can get a chance to go to a game and be another drunk maniac in the stands.

Proud to be part of Jet Nation!

Welcome to jetnation- there is on proof of being a real fan on whether you actually go the stadium and watch all the games.

yeah Cleveland will have their Dawg pound set up in the Meadowlands

By then I think the only Jets fans that will be left will be you, me, CH, Can't Hackett and maybe 100 other poor bastards who love to feel like ****.:-?

Archived