Typical Jets Fan

Maxman

Typical Jets Fan

Posted at 4:25 pm in Featured Editorials, Tyson Rauch by Max

4h.jpgBy Tyson Rauch

Well another week and another disheartening Jets loss. It gets more difficult each week to attend the games and twice as painful leaving after another mediocre performance. It would not be so bad if as a fan I had not experienced this before. Unfortunately we have all been through this several times over the years. It is to the point where as a fan you are rendered speechless when it comes to discussing your favorite NFL team.

So where do Jets fans go from here? Well if my email dictates anything it will not be to the Meadowlands. In a matter of three hours I received numerous emails from Gang Green fans selling individual game tickets as well as seats for the rest of the season. Looks like once again Jets fans, who want to be considered a hard-core diehard fan base are quitting on their team when the times get tough. Once again Jets home games will display patches of empty red seats and groups of opposing team fans making a mockery of the Jets fan base.

Sure there will be excuses abound, busy schedules, family commitments so on and so forth, but would these still come up if this team was 5-3 playing in a pivotal match up? The Jets announced that Kellen Clemens will be taking over at quarterback, is that not enough to invigorate the fan base to show up on Sunday and support their

Let them stay home. Getting out will be a lot easier.:)

I wish Jets fans would show up during the tough times, but I know that it wont happen.

I will always remember December 24, 1995. Jets/Saints. 12-0 saints. 28,895 fans show up for this disaster. When we had our run in 1998 it was sweeter for me because I was there freezing my @ss off on that wonderful Christmas eve. This ended up being the game that made me the fanatic jets fan I am today.

Thats the way I view this season. When we do turn this thing around I will love it and appreciate it since I was there for the terrible times. Its like being a friend. Its easy during the good times. Tough during the rough times. But its the rough times that solidify you as a friend. Jets dont need us as fans during the good times. They need us now.

others dont want to do this, fine. whatever. just remember when we do turn it around you gave up on your team during the tough times.

Typical Jets Fan

Posted at 4:25 pm in Featured Editorials, Tyson Rauch by Max

4h.jpgBy Tyson Rauch

In a matter of three hours I received numerous emails from Gang Green fans selling individual game tickets as well as seats for the rest of the season.

I'm going to at least 11 Jets games this year and I'm missing one fing game and you put it all over the internet? :box:

But at least I did find Jets fans to take my seats. :)

BTY, Jets fans do suck. :bag::bag::bag:

I wish Jets fans would show up during the tough times, but I know that it wont happen.

I will always remember December 24, 1995. Jets/Saints. 12-0 saints. 28,895 fans show up for this disaster. When we had our run in 1998 it was sweeter for me because I was there freezing my @ss off on that wonderful Christmas eve. This ended up being the game that made me the fanatic jets fan I am today.

Thats the way I view this season. When we do turn this thing around I will love it and appreciate it since I was there for the terrible times. Its like being a friend. Its easy during the good times. Tough during the rough times. But its the rough times that solidify you as a friend. Jets dont need us as fans during the good times. They need us now.

others dont want to do this, fine. whatever. just remember when we do turn it around you gave up on your team during the tough times.

That was the ONE game I have missed since I had my season tixs in 18 years...(only because I was in the ER with HIVES all over me from STRAWBERRIES).....

I love my BOYZ an will continue to go an support them at 18B every week..I mean the JETS...even on the road...

PS: Do you notice there is NO traffic leaving anymore??? lol....

I hated going to games when Parcells was the coach. Bunch of phonies in the stands. I started going to the games at the tail end of the Joe Walton era.

And I'm actually glad those days are back.

I can't describe the pure, ecstatic, schadenfreude I experience at that moment when I hand the scalper a ten dollar bill for a mezanine seat.

I know that I will never, ever have the opportunity to punch Woody Johnson in the throat, and feel the unadulturated joy of doing that, but I'll tell you what, f***ing a scalper in that inhuman parking lot comes pretty damn close.

Somehow, some way, it all comes out in the wash.

At this point, I find it really hard to fault anyone blowing off games or selling their tickets. Myself, I'm still going to Miami, the Browns and the Chiefs. But unless there's some dramatic turnaround, how can you fault anyone who doesn't want to go through the hassle of burning a Sunday getting to and from the Skins or Steelers(or Chiefa or Browns) game when the couch is just downstairs and you can get coin for your tickets? I'm still going to

watch those games and root for the jets, but pardon me if the couch after a morning of my son's Pop Warner game makes more sense.

Max I think his play has taken a step backwards, from his coverage, to his tackling...some of his impact plays have been lessed due to the game plans but at the same time he appears to be out of position and missing plays..but then again what the hell do I know

I just find it hard to believe that he played that well just in a contract year... something has to have changed? weight? injury? coaching?

In my opinion, Bryan Thomas' "breakout year" was vastly overrated. I thought he was a stiff and he turned out to be mildly adequate. I never saw him as any better of an LB than say Barton or Hobson who everybody here wants to replace. In fact, I like him a little less because he is playing the spot where I expect a guy to blow up plays and I get a wishy washy guy that seems to stop and think every time he changes direction.

I hated going to games when Parcells was the coach. Bunch of phonies in the stands. I started going to the games at the tail end of the Joe Walton era.

And I'm actually glad those days are back.

I can't describe the pure, ecstatic, schadenfreude I experience at that moment when I hand the scalper a ten dollar bill for a mezanine seat.

I know that I will never, ever have the opportunity to punch Woody Johnson in the throat, and feel the unadulturated joy of doing that, but I'll tell you what, f***ing a scalper in that inhuman parking lot comes pretty damn close.

Somehow, some way, it all comes out in the wash.

I have to agree with this one. It is ALOT cheaper for people like me that dont have seaon tickets to go to the games.

At this point, I find it really hard to fault anyone blowing off games or selling their tickets. Myself, I'm still going to Miami, the Browns and the Chiefs. But unless there's some dramatic turnaround, how can you fault anyone who doesn't want to go through the hassle of burning a Sunday getting to and from the Skins or Steelers(or Chiefa or Browns) game when the couch is just downstairs and you can get coin for your tickets? I'm still going to

watch those games and root for the jets, but pardon me if the couch after a morning of my son's Pop Warner game makes more sense.

we call the people who choose to stay home because the team sucks bandwagon fans.

or frontrunners. but, whatever.... do whatever you want. its your life, your money, your time. But if you really want to support your team you show up when the team sucks. As I said earlier, the team needs your support more now rather than when they are successful.

NS stop for a beer or two -I will be bringing some over to T-mac's cooler.

I don`t think you will be bringing it to T-mac`s cooler unless your going to Pop mericans in J.C. Frank cause I believe Tom was one of those fans who sold his tix. for the rest of the season because of this fustrating season...I`ll be at the stadium though

we call the people who choose to stay home because the team sucks bandwagon fans.

or frontrunners. but, whatever.... do whatever you want. its your life, your money, your time. But if you really want to support your team you show up when the team sucks. As I said earlier, the team needs your support more now rather than when they are successful.

Bandwagon? I don't think so. I've been going since Shea. But damn if I'm going to make the trek for this ongoing debacle. Again, I'm still going to the Browns and Chiefs.

You were there too LBS? I was 7 years old and was still dragged to that game. I remember my Dad telling me that year and the next year that if I was going to be a Jets fan I would have to get used to these types of seasons.

No matter the time of the game, the date, or what else may be going on and no matter the teams record, I will always be at every single home game unless I cannot be there and it would have to be a major thing that would hold me back from a game. I have missed just one game since going to the games from 1995-present, as I had a wedding to attend to back in 2005.

I just find it hard to believe that he played that well just in a contract year... something has to have changed? weight? injury? coaching?

Last year he was rushing off the side where Hobson is rushing off this year. BT is no longer rushing the blind side of the QB. For some reason, Mangini made this change and I cannot understand why.

I'm going to at least 11 Jets games this year and I'm missing one fing game and you put it all over the internet? :box:

But at least I did find Jets fans to take my seats. :)

BTY, Jets fans do suck. :bag::bag::bag:

What game are you missing Roger? Tisk Tisk Tisk.;-)

When I was in my 20s-unmarried, no kids-going was a given. But as you get older, and your weekends fill up with high school and Pop Warner football, basketball, social occasions, etc., a bad season gives you all the reason you need to blow it off, especially if you can get cash on ebay. I don't fault anyone for one minute. This "real fan" stuff is nonsense. You aren't less of a fan because you watch on tv.And if the PSL becomes a reality, there are going to be a whole bunch of people on this board who will watch more and more games on tv rather than in person.

My sons are only going top play those games once. The Jets are always going to be here. And I'd be a bigger fool for missing my sons. Hopefully in the future the Jets play well enough to make those decisions more difficult.

I don`t think you will be bringing it to T-mac`s cooler unless your going to Pop mericans in J.C. Frank cause I believe Tom was one of those fans who sold his tix. for the rest of the season because of this fustrating season...I`ll be at the stadium though

As far as I know he will be there-my beer is coming no matter what!

that's a load of chit. that's saying you support anything and everything. We would turn into the cubs franchise 'maybe next year'. Their management never has to try to bring in a winner because they know their fan base is so dumb that they will attend the games regardless of the product on the field.

I have never been to a jets game in New Jersey, i can only imagine how awful the parking is, the prices are. There is no possible way i would keep going to games, at these prices, and the loss of a day for a product that blows ass.

I support the jets in my own way, every week i record there game and watch. I read a ton of articles on them, i always am thinking what they should do in the draft...to me that is plenty, there is no way they will get me to open my wallet for a **** product like this one.

I do my part, the FO have to do theres.

Last year he was rushing off the side where Hobson is rushing off this year. BT is no longer rushing the blind side of the QB. For some reason, Mangini made this change and I cannot understand why.

I'm chalking it up to another move by the CS that backfired.

It was stupid to do, imo. He started to come on last year in the spot he was playing- let him grow into it instead of switching him to the other side.

I'm chalking it up to another move by the CS that backfired.

It was stupid to do, imo. He started to come on last year in the spot he was playing- let him grow into it instead of switching him to the other side.

Sounds like. I have only seen one game on regular tv. The rest have been on sopcast and you can't really get the details on that teeny screen. Only rational reason would be if they were eating the season and planning on bringing in a monster for the blind side next year. They just play left right, not weak strong, right?

Bandwagon? I don't think so. I've been going since Shea. But damn if I'm going to make the trek for this ongoing debacle. Again, I'm still going to the Browns and Chiefs.

i was being a little general with my comment since you are going to more games.... it was more to your comment "At this point, I find it really hard to fault anyone blowing off games or selling their tickets"

if anyone is going to blow off games because the team sucks it makes them a bandwagon fan no matter how long they've been a fan.

Archived