my 2008 mock draft

Pragmatic Bus

you dont want to draft d mac untill we improve our O-Line.

thats like saying dont buy the car unless you buy rims first

Why would we draft him without addressing the line??

He couldnt run behind that line I'm afraid,no one could.

If we sign Faneca, he could be great immediately. Look at Peterson behind Hutchinson

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:bag: are u drunk again?

THat doesn't make any sense. He brings up an honest point and you say he's drunk? Peterson is dominating up north with a good center, a near great guard, and a good OT. The jets are in that exact situation, IF they add faneca.

I don't want DMAC, i want draft picks, but it could work out either way.

:bag: are u drunk again?

Dude WTF are you talking about seriosly???

Do you have any idea how running F'ing works. There's not much point in signing a stud RB expecting him to fix everything immediately if he's getting met by LB's and DT's 5 yrds deep in the backfield on 50% of the plays.

Look McFaddens good alright, but he's only human. No one could consistently run behind that line. Not Peterson, not Tomlinson, NO ONE!!!!

THat doesn't make any sense. He brings up an honest point and you say he's drunk? Peterson is dominating up north with a good center, a near great guard, and a good OT. The jets are in that exact situation, IF they add faneca.

I don't want DMAC, i want draft picks, but it could work out either way.

u dont even know what we are talking about.

Dude WTF are you talking about seriosly???

Do you have any idea how running F'ing works. There's not much point in signing a stud RB expecting him to fix everything immediately if he's getting met by LB's and DT's 5 yrds deep in the backfield on 50% of the plays.

Look McFaddens good alright, but he's only human. No one could consistently run behind that line. Not Peterson, not Tomlinson, NO ONE!!!!

the point is to draft the BAP.

OMG seriously WTF is wrong with you?????

Everthing he just said applies. Peterson is dominating because of the line he's running behind, as did Shaun Alexander when he ran behind the same guy.

If we draft McFadden and sign Faneca then he could put up Peterson type #'s. Without addressing the OL I'll be willing to guarantee our running game will rank in the bottom 10 again this year no matter who the back is.

I'm so sick of arguing about McFadden but the only person who has a clue is Sperm. McFadden is not going to be a saving grace to this franchise and he won't do **** with our O-Line blocking. He's a speed back and he's small, all the highlights I have ever seen of him involve his line blocking everybody and him just running by everyone. He never gets touched and it's not that impressive.

I honestly think McFadden doing so well is because of his O-Line and it's them who deserve most of the credit. Felix Jones also puts up ridiculous numbers behind them, they aren't both amazing future superstars. They are good backs with amazing run blockers. They won't change sh*t here and we don't need to draft a RB in the first round.

I'm so sick of arguing about McFadden but the only person who has a clue is Sperm. McFadden is not going to be a saving grace to this franchise and he won't do **** with our O-Line blocking. He's a speed back and he's small, all the highlights I have ever seen of him involve his line blocking everybody and him just running by everyone. He never gets touched and it's not that impressive.

I honestly think McFadden doing so well is because of his O-Line and it's them who deserve most of the credit. Felix Jones also puts up ridiculous numbers behind them, they aren't both amazing future superstars. They are good backs with amazing run blockers. They won't change sh*t here and we don't need to draft a RB in the first round.

Thats why I said we need to address the OL before drafting him. If you actually watch McFadden consistently, he does break a lot of tackles, he's more powerful than you think and he's certainly not small.

He doesn't get touched in the highlight videos because well he's pretty hard to touch, Like MC hammer.:thumbup:

OMG seriously WTF is wrong with you?????

Everthing he just said applies. Peterson is dominating because of the line he's running behind, as did Shaun Alexander when he ran behind the same guy.

If we draft McFadden and sign Faneca then he could put up Peterson type #'s. Without addressing the OL I'll be willing to guarantee our running game will rank in the bottom 10 again this year no matter who the back is.

WTF is wrong with YOU?. u draft THE BAP period. how good or bad your team is or what FA you sign has nothing to do with it

u dont want to draft him yet your sig says the opposite

WTF is wrong with YOU?. u draft THE BAP period. how good or bad your team is or what FA you sign has nothing to do with it

No you don't. You draft on need especially when we need line help and there is a STUD 3-4 DE who can fill the position for a decade. We need Chris Long. McFadden would not have the impact Long could.

I think he does. He'd rather have more draft picks than burn one on a position that's already filled.

You're making it sound like this team is doomed forever if we don't draft this kid. Teams will continue to win superbowls without him.

And it's a hell of a lot easier to insert a new HB onto a team with a solid OL than it is the other way around.

Even a phenom talent like Reggie Bush can't even muster the league average of 4 yards per carry. Doubt he'd have much difficulty accomplishing that on the Vikings or Steelers.

I do want us to draft him, I also want us to address the line. would you actually read what I'm saying to you before you kepp typing this crap. I've just posted how great a player Mcfadden could be.

Here's what I think.

The Jets will address the OL in the off-season, Tangini really doesnt have a choice.

Then we draft McFadden and he's a dman good player for us for several years.

There, thats what I think.

I think he does. He'd rather have more draft picks than burn one on a position that's already filled.

You're making it sound like this team is doomed forever if we don't draft this kid. Teams will continue to win superbowls without him.

And it's a hell of a lot easier to insert a new HB onto a team with a solid OL than it is the other way around.

Even a phenom talent like Reggie Bush can't even muster the league average of 4 yards per carry. Doubt he'd have much difficulty accomplishing that on the Vikings or Steelers.

Sperm can I ask would you agree with drafting McFadden or any HB for that matter if we did indeed sign Faneca?

And please, no numbers.;-)

I do want us to draft him, I also want us to address the line. would you actually read what I'm saying to you before you kepp typing this crap. I've just posted how great a player Mcfadden could be.

Here's what I think.

The Jets will address the OL in the off-season, Tangini really doesnt have a choice.

Then we draft McFadden and he's a dman good player for us for several years.

There, thats what I think.

:fighting0050:

no trades

1- Darren McFadden RB 6-2 205

2- Eric Young OG 6-4 304

3- Darrell Robertson DE/OLB 6-5 240

4- Kendall Langford DE 6-6 294

5- Joe Brockington ILB 6-2 240

players stock subject to change after the combine

Lol any mock draft as of now is simply garbage... Its way to early in the season for a damn mock draft, nobody knows whats gonna happen the rest of the way, the Season is a little past the half way mark...

You be any chane be implying Jonathan Stewart, would you Iceman?;-)

Nope. I truthfully don't want the Jets to draft him unless he stays in the second round which won't happen now. He also said unless he is a guaranteed top 10 pick he won't leave school. I don't think he would become top 10 until he went to the combine and showed his 4.4 speed so he probably won't leave this year. :)

Anyway Stewart will be better than McFadden, bank on it.

Ok but you have no idea what will happen the rest of the college football season or at the combine. A consensus top 10 pick could fall far or an unheard of player could end up being top 10.

But this team still can win a good 2-3 games with Kellen leading the way... We may not even have a top 5 pick

true true. but i never said they would have the 3 overall pick. its too early to say that and its also too early to say mcfadden will be a top 10 pick. injuries happen its a part of life. thats why its a mock draft and not a real draft

true true. but i never said they would have the 3 overall pick. its too early to say that and its also too early to say mcfadden will be a top 10 pick. injuries happen its a part of life. thats why its a mock draft and not a real draft

If McFadden is the god among men you claim he is there is no way he should be anything besides a top 5 pick.

If McFadden is the god among men you claim he is there is no way he should be anything besides a top 5 pick.

He's just saying... Anything can happen... Like a freak injury. Believe me, if McFadden stays healthy... He will be a top 5 pick and after the League has seen what A.Peterson has been doing... He may be the #1 pick

He's just saying... Anything can happen... Like a freak injury. Believe me, if McFadden stays healthy... He will be a top 5 pick and after the League has seen what A.Peterson has been doing... He may be the #1 pick

And believe me he won't have anywhere near the impact Peterson had who was drafted into an amazing situation.

And believe me he won't have anywhere near the impact Peterson had who was drafted into an amazing situation.

Yes... He does have a solid offensive line!

But let me just tell you one thing... I have seen Peterson play alot of NCAA games... And I have watched alot of highlights on McFadden... McFadden is going to be one hell of a back... This kid is forreal...

Look at M.Jones Drew... Or M.Lynch... Or even Leon Washington... They are all good, but McFadden is going to be GREAT

Yes... He does have a solid offensive line!

But let me just tell you one thing... I have seen Peterson play alot of NCAA games... And I have watched alot of highlights on McFadden... McFadden is going to be one hell of a back... This kid is forreal...

Look at M.Jones Drew... Or M.Lynch... Or even Leon Washington... They are all good, but McFadden is going to be GREAT

No he won't every year there is one player who recieves an absurd amount of hype he does not deserve. This year its McFadden who will not be the elite back so many think he is.

No he won't every year there is one player who recieves an absurd amount of hype he does not deserve. This year its McFadden who will not be the elite back so many think he is.

mcfadden came in second after troy smith for the hiesman race. he is not a one year wonder if thats what your implying

There will be a bust but I'll be willing to bet it wont be Mcfadden, seriosuly.

IMO the player who I see being a bust is Brian Brohm.

Archived