Serious question: Do Mets have more Latins than average team?

SouthernJet

I think they are around the league average, I read that somewhere during the season. I think it is just magnified in the NY area since Omar has been here, it seems most of his moves involve getting a latin player.

On a side note, a buddy of mine who is a Yankee fan said they must be last in the league in number of black players on their roster, and they have been like that for a few years now. Never really thought about it, and quickly going through the team in my head, can't think of any. Anyone?

Personally, I told him what I tell everyone saying the Mets are all Latin, I couldn't care if they are latin, black, indian, whatever, If they help my team win, that's all I care about.

I think they are around the league average, I read that somewhere during the season. I think it is just magnified in the NY area since Omar has been here, it seems most of his moves involve getting a latin player.

On a side note, a buddy of mine who is a Yankee fan said they must be last in the league in number of black players on their roster, and they have been like that for a few years now. Never really thought about it, and quickly going through the team in my head, can't think of any. Anyone?

Personally, I told him what I tell everyone saying the Mets are all Latin, I couldn't care if they are latin, black, indian, whatever, If they help my team win, that's all I care about.

ya agree,, ecept for the damn Indians :)

to quote Blazing Saddles:

Olson Johnson: All right, we'll give some land to the n* word's and the chinks, but we DON'T WANT THE IRISH.

I'm not trying to bust up this thread because I it find it interesting, but it made me think of another question. How come you don't see many Hispanics in the NFL? Now, I'm not talking about out of the country Hispanics, I'm talking about Hispanic-Americans.

Tony Gonzalez

Tony Romo

Marco Rivera

People talk about Omar and his signing practices,,but do Mets really have more Latins than average MLB team?

well they have more STAR latins, i think you can say that

pedro martinez

carlos beltran

jose reyes

carlos delgado (hasn't really been a star since Florida i know)

I'm not trying to bust up this thread because I it find it interesting, but it made me think of another question. How come you don't see many Hispanics in the NFL? Now, I'm not talking about out of the country Hispanics, I'm talking about Hispanic-Americans.

I think in general, Latin athletes are smaller athletes as compared to football players.

According to Yahoo baseball rosters

Mets have 19 Latinos(1 Mexican, 1 Venezuela, 17 from the islands)

Red Sox have 9

Yankees have 12

Florida have 10

Angels have 8

Just guessing here but I would say yes the Mets have the most Latinos.

If not the most than way above average. Seems like every deal Omar makes (including Estrada today) is for a Latino.

Because baseball is still king down there and soccer is probably second.

Archived