Did Anyone See Roenick on Sportscenter?

TomShane

He was saying "Anyone that calls the players spoiled can kiss my ass. They can kiss my ass. I personally gave up $8 million dollars to try and get the game back. And alot of other guys did too. So you can kiss my ass if you think the players are spoiled."

It was truly one of the most pathetic pieces of being out of touch wih reality that I've ever seen, and it really gives you insight into why hockey is a) dead and B) probably not coming back. They have no one that wants to put it on TV. Their fan base, save for a pair of kooks, has moved on, many of their players have said they won't come back to the States to play, preffering Euro leagues, and the owners right now just might be making more money declaring losses than they were when the were paying jackasses like Roenick $11 mil per to play a game that nobody watches.

What I thought of immediately was when the NBA locked out the players a few years back. Then Player's Union boss Patrick Ewing, always a smart guy and a witty interview :roll: made the statement "Sure, we make alot of money, but we spend alot of money, too."

And Roenick, losing $8 million dollars of your money in the slot machines at Foxwoods is not exactly donating it to getting the game back together. Hell, the guy probably planned on winning the jackpot at the Bellagio and using the winnings to but the NHL.

He was saying "Anyone that calls the players spoiled can kiss my ass. They can kiss my ass. I personally gave up $8 million dollars to try and get the game back. And alot of other guys did too. So you can kiss my ass if you think the players are spoiled."

It was truly one of the most pathetic pieces of being out of touch wih reality that I've ever seen, and it really gives you insight into why hockey is a) dead and B) probably not coming back. They have no one that wants to put it on TV. Their fan base, save for a pair of kooks, has moved on, many of their players have said they won't come back to the States to play, preffering Euro leagues, and the owners right now just might be making more money declaring losses than they were when the were paying jackasses like Roenick $11 mil per to play a game that nobody watches.

What I thought of immediately was when the NBA locked out the players a few years back. Then Player's Union boss Patrick Ewing, always a smart guy and a witty interview :roll: made the statement "Sure, we make alot of money, but we spend alot of money, too."

And Roenick, losing $8 million dollars of your money in the slot machines at Foxwoods is not exactly donating it to getting the game back together. Hell, the guy probably planned on winning the jackpot at the Bellagio and using the winnings to but the NHL.

SORRY CATHY I HAVE TO SAY THIS

ROENICK IS A FU.CKING a$$hole when the game is playing, let alone now. He sounded like a sore loser yesterday with his crying and complaining.

Bad news JR - Your league had problems filling the arenas before the lockout, chasing away already pissed off fans who are quickly learning there are other things to do besides the NHL isn't exactly helping your cause.

SORRY CATHY I HAVE TO SAY THIS

ROENICK IS A FU.CKING a$$hole when the game is playing, let alone now. He sounded like a sore loser yesterday with his crying and complaining.

Bad news JR - Your league had problems filling the arenas before the lockout, chasing away already pissed off fans who are quickly learning there are other things to do besides the NHL isn't exactly helping your cause.

Even if a new NHL collective bargaining agreement is reached, Jeremy Roenick may not make a return to the ice.

The Philadelphia Flyers center told Sporting News Radio host Scott Wetzel on Friday that he has not made up his mind about whether or not he'll lace up his skates again.

"I have to see how my body reacts to some really, really, really hard training regimen here coming up in the latter part of the summer," Roenick said. "It's very hard to get motivated without a deal. Once that announcement comes, I think the motivational factor will definitely be lifted.

"I have not 100 percent made my decision to play, but to tell you the truth, I have a lot of drive in me and really, really want to continue."

Roenick also addressed the reported terms of the deal that's supposedly nearly completed that will end the NHL lockout and result in a new collective bargaining agreement. He echoed the sentiments of enguins center/owner Mario Lemieux, who said the NHLPA would have been better served to accept the offer the NHL presented in February when they were trying to save the season.

"What we could've got in February is probably 10 times better than what we're going to get now," Roenick said. "A lot of us knew that, but we did what we did and that's what you've got to live with.

"It's too bad that we've had a year off. For a lot of us, especially guys like myself, it's going to be a hard year to come back from. It is what it is. We've got to live with it, get the game back on the ice. But we could've had a better deal back in February."

Even if a new NHL collective bargaining agreement is reached, Jeremy Roenick may not make a return to the ice.

The Philadelphia Flyers center told Sporting News Radio host Scott Wetzel on Friday that he has not made up his mind about whether or not he'll lace up his skates again.

"I have to see how my body reacts to some really, really, really hard training regimen here coming up in the latter part of the summer," Roenick said. "It's very hard to get motivated without a deal. Once that announcement comes, I think the motivational factor will definitely be lifted.

"I have not 100 percent made my decision to play, but to tell you the truth, I have a lot of drive in me and really, really want to continue."

Roenick also addressed the reported terms of the deal that's supposedly nearly completed that will end the NHL lockout and result in a new collective bargaining agreement. He echoed the sentiments of enguins center/owner Mario Lemieux, who said the NHLPA would have been better served to accept the offer the NHL presented in February when they were trying to save the season.

"What we could've got in February is probably 10 times better than what we're going to get now," Roenick said. "A lot of us knew that, but we did what we did and that's what you've got to live with.

"It's too bad that we've had a year off. For a lot of us, especially guys like myself, it's going to be a hard year to come back from. It is what it is. We've got to live with it, get the game back on the ice. But we could've had a better deal back in February."

They better understand that pro athletes are not cocky. Pro athletes care about the game... everybody out there who calls us spoiled because we play a game they can all kiss my (rear)."

Great way to support the loyal fans of hockey Roenick-try to make a living in the real world. He deserves another mouth smashing like he got against the Rangers

They better understand that pro athletes are not cocky. Pro athletes care about the game... everybody out there who calls us spoiled because we play a game they can all kiss my (rear)."

Great way to support the loyal fans of hockey Roenick-try to make a living in the real world. He deserves another mouth smashing like he got against the Rangers

At least JR will have his vast amount of stanley cup rings to fall back onto.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Whoops... :lol:

All those Cups he won in Phoenix, Chicago, and Philadelphia? :wink:

While JR doesn't always think before he speaks, at least he's honest. And, he's right, for the most part.

But, that doesn't mean he should have said it. And, the whole interview, he was talking about getting the fans back into the arenas and everything. They just picked out the part where his brain failed to function.

At least JR will have his vast amount of stanley cup rings to fall back onto.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Whoops... :lol:

All those Cups he won in Phoenix, Chicago, and Philadelphia? :wink:

While JR doesn't always think before he speaks, at least he's honest. And, he's right, for the most part.

But, that doesn't mean he should have said it. And, the whole interview, he was talking about getting the fans back into the arenas and everything. They just picked out the part where his brain failed to function.

I realize that every city has their overzealous athletes, but doesn't it seem like Philly's players are really, really over-the-top?

As far as? Philly has AI, TO, and JR... and they all have the same type of nickname... it makes you think :wink: :lol:

At least the baseball team is dull.

I realize that every city has their overzealous athletes, but doesn't it seem like Philly's players are really, really over-the-top?

As far as? Philly has AI, TO, and JR... and they all have the same type of nickname... it makes you think :wink: :lol:

At least the baseball team is dull.

I've always hated this prick. Loud mouth who thinks he's so great and the game is so great. I like Hockey but it isn't anything in this country anymore. He needs to shut his mouth, Hockey already lost a lot of fans I'm sure due to this lockout and with jerkoffs like this, some people may stop watching.

I've always hated this prick. Loud mouth who thinks he's so great and the game is so great. I like Hockey but it isn't anything in this country anymore. He needs to shut his mouth, Hockey already lost a lot of fans I'm sure due to this lockout and with jerkoffs like this, some people may stop watching.

Archived