what did ESPN suspend Salisberry for?

Blackout

THe rumor is he inappropriately showed his "private parts" to a fellow female co-worker. Not sure how true it is or not and for the most part, it's been pushed under the table, but that was the rumor.

Story I remember was a cell phone pic of his "private parts". Not the actual "parts" themselves. The real question is what Harold Reynolds did to get canned if Salisbury only got a one week suspension.

If Sean Salisbury Asks You To Look At His Phone, Don't Do It

salisburygirls.jpgSean Salisbury briefly disappeared from the ESPN airwaves earlier this year. Pro Football Talk noted that Salisbury had been suspended (scroll way down), but the Worldwide Leader gave no reasons for his absence, in fact, they never mentioned it at all. And on December 27th in a column at CBS SportsLine, Mike Freeman gives a "media entry" for his "All-Selfish" team:

The NFL analyst who shall not be named that took a picture of his penis with a cell phone camera and has shown it to numerous, uncomfortable women, then was suspended by his network for it. Absolute true story. Please make sure to clean off the mirror when you are done with it.

And The Big Lead learned this morning that the analyst in question was ESPN's Sean Salisbury. First of all, you can relax, because I don't have the photo. Also, thank God it was Salisbury and not Berman, because those "You're With Me, Leather" t-shirts might have had to look completely different. And I doubt that they'd have sold very well.

I'm also wondering what Harold Reynolds could have done that was much worse than this. What did Reynolds do, run around showing people pictures of Peter Gammons' junk?

TBL Investigation: That was Easy. We Found that Perverted NFL Analyst That Was Suspended [The Big Lead]

Guess the Suspended, Perverted NFL Analyst [The Big Lead]

Pro Football Talk Rumor Mill [ProFootballTalk.com]

Take a look at this year's All-Selfish team [CBS Sportsline]

I like Reynolds. Salsberry can take a walk, not like it matters to me, ESPN is nearly impossible to watch at this point.

It seems everybody that works for ESPN these days somehow "grew up in Boston" or were "Boston" fans from years back..... And then they pretend they aren't Boston fans but yet you read articles or hear stories that start with "The ever attractive Brady" crap. Yeah I guess legit reporters who aren't Boston fans write or tell stories like that.

Might as well call ESPN the ALL NEW ENGLAND SPORT FAN CLUB at this point. Oh and then we have the idiot Steve Phillips give his opinion on A-ROd all the time ... Yeah go figure Phillips never has a nice thing to say about A-ROD.

Yeah maybe it was the cell phone, who knows. Didn't Reynolds have some sexual harassment thing.... Yeah same thing Thomas did except Mr. Thomas is still coaching the Knicks.

What I find funny is when Sean acts like he knows all about being a starting NFL QB.. They asked him about pressure and tough games once and I started to laugh. The guy was a career backup NFL QB, not like he really had to face pressure to win or lose like a Manning or Brady, heck even Chad. Career Backups shouldn't be asked what it's like to feel pressure in a big game.

It seems everybody that works for ESPN these days somehow "grew up in Boston" or were "Boston" fans from years back..... And then they pretend they aren't Boston fans but yet you read articles or hear stories that start with "The ever attractive Brady" crap. Yeah I guess legit reporters who aren't Boston fans write or tell stories like that.

Might as well call ESPN the ALL NEW ENGLAND SPORT FAN CLUB at this point. Oh and then we have the idiot Steve Phillips give his opinion on A-ROd all the time ... Yeah go figure Phillips never has a nice thing to say about A-ROD.

Yeah maybe it was the cell phone, who knows. Didn't Reynolds have some sexual harassment thing.... Yeah same thing Thomas did except Mr. Thomas is still coaching the Knicks.

What I find funny is when Sean acts like he knows all about being a starting NFL QB.. They asked him about pressure and tough games once and I started to laugh. The guy was a career backup NFL QB, not like he really had to face pressure to win or lose like a Manning or Brady, heck even Chad. Career Backups shouldn't be asked what it's like to feel pressure in a big game.

he did win a grey cup, thats a big game

"I'm also wondering what Harold Reynolds could have done that was much worse than this. What did Reynolds do, run around showing people pictures of Peter Gammons' junk? "

hahahaha

Maybe it's because Reynold's is black and Sean is white, who knows. Or more likely, maybe Reynold's refused to bow down and start worshiping everything New England.

Who? Salisbury or Reynolds? I never heard this one, but Brian Kinchen got suspended or fired for saying somebody made a catch in a manner that was "kinda gay".

Didn't Steve Lyons or whatever his name get fired for making a joke about Latin American's and stealing wallets?

With all these firings for racial epitaphs, jokes, sexual misconduct or harrassment and we are still stuck with Mr. Stupid Thomas who never seems to do anything right when it comes to being a GM or coach or a savior of some league and yet he gets pass after pass and chance after chance. This guy must have good pictures of politicians like Hillary, Rudy or George Bush or something.

Sexual Harassment seems to be a fairly big problem at ESPN, even little Mike Tirico has got into the act of harassing the 20-something production assistants up in Bristol.

http://sports-law.blogspot.com/2006/07/harold-reynolds-fired-is-sexual.html

P.S: I think Harold Reynolds has been doing work with MLB.com.....the "given reason" for his firing, was ESPN had "repeatedly" warned him to stop touching the female employees. Hopefully Salisbury will be out the door soon, right behind him...

Archived