Pictures

Brenjetsfan

I must say though Gainzo that this is near the end of the game and it was so friggin hot, almost unbearable

I didn't see the game but heard there were many empty seats. Was that the case?

When I watched the Pats/Phins game there were empty seats everywhere; especially in the upper deck.

I didn't see the game but heard there were many empty seats. Was that the case?

When I watched the Pats/Phins game there were empty seats everywhere; especially in the upper deck.

yes, a lot. I dvr'd the game and when i went home watched it again. It was weird, when the Jets made a good play the crowd was as loud as when the fins did...of course they didn't have much to cheer about either

yes there were thousands of empty seats moreso in the upper level than in the lower level.

Yes that was the case most of the lower level seats down by us were all filled ,plus I believe a lot of the upper level fans moved inside to the drinking areas on the first level ,they had tv`s , tables ,chairs and even a band out there at the half...Good job JETS & JET fans...

yes would love to see the players comments this week with their fan support :) And by the way god damn are the dolphin cheerleaders gorgeous...

You know I made a point of buying the NY POST ,DAILY NEWS & the sun sentinal just to see if any of the reporters commented on the large, loud, JET fan base in attendence,but I saw nothing in the papers or saw anything on Mangini`s press conf. either ,AT least give us some credit when they fill a road stadium

You know I made a point of buying the NY POST ,DAILY NEWS & the sun sentinal just to see if any of the reporters commented on the large, loud, JET fan base in attendence,but I saw nothing in the papers or saw anything on Mangini`s press conf. either ,AT least give us some credit when they fill a road stadium

joisey, there was at least 3 articles in the Miami Herald that mention the Jet fans

Dolphins' veteran players let out anger

Posted on Mon, Dec. 03, 2007Digg del.icio.us AIM reprint print email

By DAN LE BATARD

dlebatard@MiamiHerald.com

JOE RIMKUS JR. / MIAMI HERALD STAFF

Dolphins linebacker Joey Porter and defensive end Jason Taylor yell at Jets players after Michael Lehan's second-quarter interception returned for a touchdown on Sunday, Dec. 2, 2007.

Dolphins' free fall continues with loss to Jets

Still can't make a decsion on Cam Cameron

Rookie Beck having growing pains

Fins' running game is standing still

Dolphins lose their tempers, too

Grading the Dolphins

Dolphins quarter-by-quarter highlights

Dolphins keys to the game

They are broken and ashamed and terrible in a way that no Miami Dolphins team has ever been. And, because they are proud professionals and it hurts to go to work in more ways than one, now the most veteran of the Dolphins are angry, too.

The swaggering Cowboys didn't beat Miami like this. Neither did the immortal Patriots. No, Miami lost its most lopsided game of this, the most wretched season in franchise history, to the worst team on its schedule Sunday. And at home, no less, though home has never had quite this many Jets fans spewing their special brand of noxious obnoxiousness. :box:

Wasn't bad enough that Miami got trampled by Daunte Culpepper and A.J. Feeley and the son of Starsky and Hutch's Huggy Bear earlier this season. Wasn't bad enough to be down 42-7 at the half against New England or lose 3-0 last week in the most boring football game ever played. So Miami descended Sunday several floors below where you thought ''rock bottom'' was.

And a hissing Marty Booker spoke to the TV cameras through a stream of curses afterward, then ended interviews with, ''I'm done. I'm sorry.'' And a seething Keith Traylor, who has never said anything interesting as a Dolphin, wondered aloud why he came back through so much pain to be a part of this worst embarrassment. And a defeated Jason Taylor spat a hollow ''They [stink], too'' at the hated Jets before a Miami public-relations man ended his interviews for the day.

Etch Booker's words on the tombstone of the haunted 2007 Dolphins.

They're done. They're sorry.

And the only reason they'll be relevant for the season's last month -- the only reason anyone in the country will be paying attention to this laughingstock -- is to see if Miami's shame grows from merely embarrassing to epic, historic and forever.

This is how you lose when you are trying to avoid 0-16?

You lose by 27 points in the most winnable game on your schedule?

The Jets hadn't blown out a team all season, so Miami keeps making the wrong kind of history. Maybe Cam Cameron should be inactive for the final four games of this sewage-soaked season.

Miami had a rookie quarterback? That's true. But that excuse only takes you so far. That was practically a rookie Jets quarterback -- he had only one pass attempt in two games played in 2006 -- slaughtering Miami, putting up 40 points for a Jets team that hadn't scored that many in three years. And that was a rookie Buffalo quarterback winning at Washington on Sunday. John Beck has played three games, 12 quarters, and has not produced a TD.

''It was us,'' Rex Hadnot said of the offensive line.

Well, sort of. Doesn't help that Miami's best two running backs are out for the year and its third isn't running as much as limping. Or that Miami's receivers are so bad that Chris Chambers still leads the team in receiving yards even though he hasn't even played on this side of the country in the past six games. A rookie has no chance if he has no help. And it is impossible to make any kind of extrapolations about Beck, good or bad, when this much of his huddle needs fumigating.

''We stunk it up,'' Booker said.

The other huddle, too. Joey Porter wasn't merely stiff-armed by the opposing quarterback, of all people. He was still yapping in an empty stadium with three minutes left in the game, Miami down 20 and the Jets stuffing yet another touchdown in his throat.

This season was supposed to get better Sunday.

Instead, impossibly, it somehow got worse.

http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/329622.html

A bad rap: Dolphins are awful, but not historically

Posted on Sun, Dec. 02, 2007Digg del.icio.us AIM reprint print email

By DAN LE BATARD

dlebatard@MiamiHerald.com

JOE RIMKUS JR. / MIAMI HERALD

Despite an embarrassing 0-11 start as coach of the Dolphins, Cam Cameron never seems to be afraid of backlash.

Dolphins hope to erase stigma today

On the bright side, an 0-11 team has probably never felt quite as good as the Miami Dolphins do today.

Miami is favored to beat a wounded and terrible Jets team Sunday afternoon. Let that marinate. The Dolphins have a real chance of being remembered as the worst team in the sport's history. They are the only team in pro sports this year, in fact, with a chance of being remembered in such a historic and dreadful way.

And yet the betting public expects them to win today. In the godforsaken history of the woeful Jets, there might never have been as great an indictment as that one. Congrats, annoying Jets fans, you are supposed to lose today to a team that has not won once in 11 tries. You must be so proud. :P

Truth is, though, Miami isn't historically bad. Oh, the Dolphins are awful. Just not historically awful, even as they inch toward the kind of stain that lasts forever. The 0-14 Tampa Bay Bucs of 1976 were outscored 412-125. That's a point differential of 287, and it is historically awful. Those Bucs lost every time, and by an average of more than 20 points a game. Miami, on average, doesn't lose by half that much. How is that as consolation for the proud franchise of Don Shula and Dan Marino?

(Hey, I'm trying, OK? It isn't easy finding the positives around here. I feel like I'm walking around a burned-down house and, as I sift through all the charred ashes and decimation, I've stumbled upon a single salvageable pair of torn underwear!)

Compared to the 1976 Bucs and their 287, Miami has been outscored by ''just'' 94 points. That's not even worst in the division this season, never mind worst ever. The Jets have been outscored by more (97 points). Heck, the Bills have been outscored by three fewer points than Miami (91) and are 5-6 and within two time-expiring field goals of being a 7-4 wild card. The 3-8 49ers and 2-8 Rams have been less competitive than Miami everywhere but the, um, standings.

LOOK OUT FOR PATS

I know. I know. Miami still has to play the Patriots again and Bill Belichick is going to be upset at Don Shula's asterisk comment. And the last time he was here, assassin Tom Brady met a little kid during warmups on the field, nodded over to the Dolphins and whispered, ''We're going to kill those guys'' before the Pats were up 42-7 at the half. So there's the chance that the Pats win in New England by a margin in December that makes that 1976 Bucs point differential of 287 look microscopic.

But, regardless, Miami is no worse than two-win Atlanta or San Francisco, or any of the other stinkiest teams in the league this season. Given the shape of the ball, and the funny way it bounces, you are supposed to win at least one of those six three-point losses Miami has had. Still, there aren't a lot of coaches in the history of professional sports who have started a career with more losing than Cam Cameron has.

And he's getting painted as Dave Wannstache, which isn't exactly fair to either of them. Wannstedt went 11-5, 11-5, 9-7 and 10-6 his first four years here, for one. And he was Coach of the Year in Chicago, believe it or not.

THE GOOD SIGNS

But nobody can look smart at 0-11. Cameron has done good things, mind you. Never seems afraid of backlash. Fixed the offensive line in one year. Made Ronnie Brown look better than he actually is. And is uncommonly aggressive on fourth down.

But Miami's angry and betrayed fan base has to blame someone for this mess, and he will do.

http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/328456.html

Archived