Whole world hates the Pats

PaJetFan

I was in a bar tonight outside of Reading, Pa. Maybe 'bout 40 people were there. AND EVERYONE was rooting against the Pats. These are mostly Eagles fans. They don't have a vested interested in the Pats at all. But they all KNOW football. The excitement that the Pats might lose was palpable. The place was exploding with every Raven's first down and Brady Sack. It was a great atmosphere. EVERYONE there hated the Pats!!!

Man do I hate the Pats too.

has anyone else witnessed this phenomenon??

I guess that no one likes a cheater.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That cable channel is called ESPN - not the NFL Network.

You're nuts, 124.

It is generating more viewers and if they're 15-0, NFL Network will surpass that number because they are the New England Patriots, America's most hated NFL franchise.

Im not saying it cant happen, but I doubt the league is going to put itself in jeopardy just so they get good ratings. I am open to all possibilities but my first instinct is there isnt any funny business going on. In the long run its just not worth it for the viability of the league.

By nature I am a skeptical person. People always say when there's smoke there's fire. Some of you see a forest fire. I dont see it.

Football is a business, not a sport. You can't put your business in a situation where the consumers are questioning the integrity of the business. It would lose all credibility and ultimately lose the fans and the money. As a business person, would you put your business in jeopardy to try and get ratings for the last few weeks of the season where ad sales have already been completed?

If there is proof that the NFL is instructing its officials to favor one side, then I will believe it. But until then, Im not going to believe fans of a competitor who looks for any minor detail and claim how the NFL favors the Pats so it tarnishes their reputation. If it came from a neutral person it would be different. but its coming from fans who hate the Pats and that just isnt good enough.

:confused0058: Well........ yeah, you ARE basicly saying it cant happen. Every post you make seems to prove that, all the while saying you have an open mind and all that. If you are a skeptical person then you should be very suspect of NEs accomplishments. It defies reason, not to mention the laws of probability to a point where any rational human being would begin to question the authenticity of it all. At this point in NEs run at the top, you almost have to say prove to me they DIDNT have help.

Im not buying into the farce, and thats not a blind hatred of the Rats making my decision for me. Its the fact that I am also a skeptical person who can sift through the layers of BS that is being presented. Not to mention I can see with my two eyes the questionable calls and cheap shots during a game, and alot of the country can see this as well.

You can think what you want because its your right, but you arent going to ever change my mind on this subject.

You know what else i thought of when I was driving in the car today...is when you look at some of the previous great teams in the NFL, many of them were liked and respected, and that was shown by people referring to them by affectionate nicknames and other things.

The great packers teams had the GOAT coach, who has the SB Trophy named after him.

The Steelers were known as the Steel Curtain.

The Vikings were the Purple People Eaters, the Rams had the Fearsome Foursome, and there were others. When the Skins had great teams they were the hogs.

But it seems that each week most everyone has negative things to say about N.E., from being cheaters, to taking dirty shots at other players, running up the score, getting favorable calls from the refs. That shows that they really are looked at with universal disdain, by their peers and other fans.

No one likes them.

No affectionate nicknames for these a-holes, other than classless, unsportsmanlike, and anti-social.

I'm just sayin'.

lol that was me you whiny sod. You only agree with him because he supports your team. That's pretty much the mark of death right there. How exactly can a Pats troll convince me that Lil Pats fan over there isn't one of them by praising him for being right? LOL

You would have done far more to convince me by claiming he is wrong. Besides hasn't he already contradicted himself?

He claims people hated the Cowboys and Niners while also claiming the Pats aren't hated across the country, because the teams the people that hate them have a reason to do so. Then he claims he hates the Cowboys because he was a jealous Jets fan. Funny, but nobody is jealous of the Patriots now, they are all slighted because their teams lost to the Pats. The Cowboys apparently never beat anyone in the NFL on their way to those SB wins, hence no cause for hating for losing, only jealous that they won. Yeah, that's a logical nightmare right there but whatever, all Pats fans are illogical. Further proof of Lil Pats Fan's loyalties.

well, no I never contradicted myself. I never said that fans dont hate the Pats, I said I dont accept someone from pennslyvania representing the whole country. Have you gone to every NFL city and asked fans how they feel about the Pats? didnt think so. neither did I. thats why I dont make outrageous statements that everyone in the country outside of new england hates the pats. is it possible? of course. but give me proof.

my earlier quote:

Plus there were plenty of people who hated the 49ers and Cowboys in the 90's. I did and I had no reason to. I am a jets fan and I disliked them.

and:

what blind hatred is there across the country for the Pats?? What a surprise people in PA hate the Pats. its because the Pats kick the sh!t out of the Steelers and the Eagles.

so where do I say there isnt hatred for the Pats around the country. WHERE IS THE PROOF???? I never made the statement that people dont hate the Pats. But of course you misread it or misinterpreted what I said. What a surprise. There could be, but I live in one area of the country and talk with new york jets fans. That is no evidence on what is taking place in the rest of the country and the rest of the NFL fans.

I hated the Cowboys because they were succesful. I hate the Pats because they are successful. You all are claiming people hate the Pats, not because they are successful, but because of spygate, running up the score, getting calls from officials. none of you give credit when a team is good. my hating of the cowboys was giving them credit for figuring out how to be successful. but none of you can ever give the pats any credit.

so what do you say now?? anything else you want to try and discredit??

Just adding to what I've been saying earlier in this thread to Garby Dearest and others:

From today's AP on the NFL:

"New England's pursuit of an undefeated season continues to draw viewers. Their dramatic comeback win over the Baltimore Ravens on Monday night attracted THE LARGEST AUDIENCE EVER FOR A CABLE PROGRAM."

:Typotux:

47 million a year worth ruining the reputation and success of the NFL???

yes or no.

You know what else i thought of when I was driving in the car today...is when you look at some of the previous great teams in the NFL, many of them were liked and respected, and that was shown by people referring to them by affectionate nicknames and other things.

The great packers teams had the GOAT coach, who has the SB Trophy named after him.

The Vikings were the Purple People Eaters, the Rams had the Fearsome Foursome, and there were others. When the Skins had great teams they were the hogs.

those teams were good. real good. And people knew that, and didnt try to make up stuff to hide the fact that they were so good.

But it seems that each week most everyone has negative things to say about N.E., from being cheaters, to taking dirty shots at other players, running up the score, getting favorable calls from the refs. That shows that they really are looked at with universal disdain, by their peers and other fans.

No one likes them. An they arent making it up. their being a great team is overshadowed by the negative stuff they bring on themselves by being exactly who they are- a team that has cheated blatantly, plays dirty, and has anti-social tendencies.

No affectionate nicknames for these a-holes, other than classless, unsportsmanlike, and anti-social.

I'm just sayin'.

:confused0058: Well........ yeah, you ARE basicly saying it cant happen. Every post you make seems to prove that, all the while saying you have an open mind and all that. If you are a skeptical person then you should be very suspect of NEshelp. accomplishments. It defies reason, not to mention the laws of probability to a point where any rational human being would begin to question the authenticity of it all. At this point in NEs run at the top, you almost have to say prove to me they DIDNT have

Im not buying into the farce, and thats not a blind hatred of the Rats making my decision for me. Its the fact that I am also a skeptical person who can sift through the layers of BS that is being presented. Not to mention I can see with my two eyes the questionable calls and cheap shots during a game, and alot of the country can see this as well.

You can think what you want because its your right, but you arent going to ever change my mind on this subject.

Thats ok BumKnee. You are entitled to your opinion. I just hope when you are thinking there is something shady going on you keep in your head what the NFL would gain by doing this. I dont want to change your opinion, I want you to think about what I've discussed and really figure out if what I've said is so crazy.

I am skeptical of it. But I will never accept the NFL is having officials make calls to benefit the Pats. There is way too much to lose and not enough to gain. 47 million dollars a year (NFL network rights fees if they were on basic cable) is not a big enough benefit to have the Pats go undefeated. Cheap shots and bad calls are in the eye of the beholder. Out of the sequence over the last 3 minutes, the only thing I question is the holding call in the endzone. I think it was the right call, but I didnt see a clear enough replay to tell me yes or no. but other than that, I thought it was called correctly.

Also, its not my job to prove they havent had help. Thats a left-wing way of thinking that the non-conspiracy theorists have to disprove all conspiracies. I look at it like a court case. its your job (people who believe the pats may be benefitting) to prove that there is something wrong. And its just not there.

Since I wont see the Pats game this week (will be at Jets game) I wont be able to comment on whether they have help. but i will watch the last three to see if there is any validity to what others are claiming.

No one likes them.

I'm just sayin'.

well, society and sports coverage has changed since those days. back then it was more about celebrating the teams and the players. now its about who can dig up the biggest dirt and get it out there before the next guy. its all about negativity in the sports media today.

well, society and sports coverage has changed since those days. back then it was more about celebrating the teams and the players. now its about who can dig up the biggest dirt and get it out there before the next guy. its all about negativity in the sports media today.

Most of the time, it is well deserved. As I said in my post, the players, fans and media are not fabricating this stuff. They were caught cheating. Replays show numerous cheap shots. Many calls are highly debatable and curiously seem to go in their favor at pivotal times. Anti-social handshakes at games end. Running up the score. It is out there and very obvious to see, looking at it objectively as many have seemed to do.

It isnt one isolated event. Something happens every week, and no one complements them- the negative stuff is outweighing the good on-field play. that's the cross that team will have to bear, and they brought it on themselves.

Most of the time, it is well deserved. As I said in my post, the players, fans and media are not fabricating this stuff. They were caught cheating. Replays show numerous cheap shots. Many calls are highly debatable and curiously seem to go in their favor at pivotal times. Anti-social handshakes at games end. Running up the score. It is out there and very obvious to see, looking at it objectively as many have seemed to do.

It isnt one isolated event. Something happens every week, and no one complements them- the negative stuff is outweighing the good on-field play. that's the cross that team will have to bear, and they brought it on themselves.

you are right. there is a lot. I dont disagree with what you have said. I just dont think the nfl is directing the officials to call plays for the pats. individual refs? could be, but its not like they are covering the spread.

and no, they dont deserve any cute nicknames like the Purple People Eaters (my all time fav!)

Thats ok BumKnee. You are entitled to your opinion. I just hope when you are thinking there is something shady going on you keep in your head what the NFL would gain by doing this. I dont want to change your opinion, I want you to think about what I've discussed and really figure out if what I've said is so crazy.

I am skeptical of it. But I will never accept the NFL is having officials make calls to benefit the Pats. There is way too much to lose and not enough to gain. 47 million dollars a year (NFL network rights fees if they were on basic cable) is not a big enough benefit to have the Pats go undefeated. Cheap shots and bad calls are in the eye of the beholder. Out of the sequence over the last 3 minutes, the only thing I question is the holding call in the endzone. I think it was the right call, but I didnt see a clear enough replay to tell me yes or no. but other than that, I thought it was called correctly.

Also, its not my job to prove they havent had help. Thats a left-wing way of thinking that the non-conspiracy theorists have to disprove all conspiracies. I look at it like a court case. its your job (people who believe the pats may be benefitting) to prove that there is something wrong. And its just not there.

Since I wont see the Pats game this week (will be at Jets game) I wont be able to comment on whether they have help. but i will watch the last three to see if there is any validity to what others are claiming.

Ok, Im not just coming up with my notion of this as of yesterday. I have put much thought into the hows and whys for 6 years now, so Im pretty sure Ive been through every thought process that you can come up with.

I dont think it started out as the NFL being privy to what was going on, but more like a few refs that were snatching some extra cash for biased calls. Lets face it, that kind of thing is not that far fetched. My idea is that it snowballed from there, but Im not sure if the NFL is orchestrating the whole thing or not. I actually wasnt the one who said that, so you can direct that line of questioning to whomever did. I have a hard time thinking they would chance it myself, but we will probably NEVER know the truth until someone writes a book in 20 years. I do think BBs lust for success lead him to go farther across the line of honesty on more than one occasion. It just reeks of nefarious behavior, ever notice how they hardly ever show a replay of a non-call when it pertains to NE? I have.

If I had the capacity to prove such things i most definately would, but then again you shouldnt need to be hit over the head with something before you sense it. Thats on you.

Ok, Im not just coming up with my notion of this as of yesterday. I have put much thought into the hows and whys for 6 years now, so Im pretty sure Ive been through every thought process that you can come up with.

I dont think it started out as the NFL being privy to what was going on, but more like a few refs that were snatching some extra cash for biased calls. Lets face it, that kind of thing is not that far fetched. My idea is that it snowballed from there, but Im not sure if the NFL is orchestrating the whole thing or not. I actually wasnt the one who said that, so you can direct that line of questioning to whomever did. I have a hard time thinking they would chance it myself, but we will probably NEVER know the truth until someone writes a book in 20 years. I do think BBs lust for success lead him to go farther across the line of honesty on more than one occasion. It just reeks of nefarious behavior, ever notice how they hardly ever show a replay of a non-call when it pertains to NE? I have.

If I had the capacity to prove such things i most definately would, but then again you shouldnt need to be hit over the head with something before you sense it. Thats on you.

the bold part was kinda to everyone else... just merging ideas with different people.

I have had the sense that good teams get calls their way.. as a jets fan, as a mets/islanders/ umass basketball in their prime (short lived) umass hockey which sucked when I was there and when I was a basketball referee. I used to feel that there was something going on. but through years of watching sports I've learned that officials are human, that weaker teams do commit more penalties than stronger teams and that there isnt some nasty conspiracy theory going on so the NFL can get their network on basic cable.

I dont want people to be blind sheep and believe everything is kosher. I want people to question. I want people to research. I want people to be skeptical. but this whole thread started off based on calls made monday night when the calls made were correct. there was no defining moment monday that said, HA! There's the proof.

It was a bunch of jets fans who have hatred towards the pats, along with the sore losers on the Ravens team who blamed the officials for the Ravens losing. And then it turned into that the NFL is orchestrating this. There was no analyst saying there was something fishy. It was a bunch of fans who want nothing more than to see the demise of the pats dominance and have everything they've done tarnished. There is no controversy brewing on the talk shows and nightly sports news that the Pats are benefitting from them or the NFL cheating.

Thats where I got upset. People were no longer be objective. They were allowing their anti-pats bias to taint their opinion. And when you're no longer being objective, your argument falls on deaf ears.

And I agree, we will probably never know the truth. I can never know if my belief that the NFL would never chance it... business people do some really strange things. But for anyone to blindly put out there the NFL is somehow manipulating games without any real proof is wrong. And if we were people that mattered, it would libelous. but since we are just a bunch of nobody's... they dont care what we think.

but Im glad you can have a discussion about this and have a different view without being a condescending jack-off. :P

the bold part was kinda to everyone else... just merging ideas with different people.

I have had the sense that good teams get calls their way.. as a jets fan, as a mets/islanders/ umass basketball in their prime (short lived) umass hockey which sucked when I was there and when I was a basketball referee. I used to feel that there was something going on. but through years of watching sports I've learned that officials are human, that weaker teams do commit more penalties than stronger teams and that there isnt some nasty conspiracy theory going on so the NFL can get their network on basic cable.

I dont want people to be blind sheep and believe everything is kosher. I want people to question. I want people to research. I want people to be skeptical. but this whole thread started off based on calls made monday night when the calls made were correct. there was no defining moment monday that said, HA! There's the proof.

It was a bunch of jets fans who have hatred towards the pats, along with the sore losers on the Ravens team who blamed the officials for the Ravens losing. And then it turned into that the NFL is orchestrating this. There was no analyst saying there was something fishy. It was a bunch of fans who want nothing more than to see the demise of the pats dominance and have everything they've done tarnished. There is no controversy brewing on the talk shows and nightly sports news that the Pats are benefitting from them or the NFL cheating.

Thats where I got upset. People were no longer be objective. They were allowing their anti-pats bias to taint their opinion. And when you're no longer being objective, your argument falls on deaf ears.

And I agree, we will probably never know the truth. I can never know if my belief that the NFL would never chance it... business people do some really strange things. But for anyone to blindly put out there the NFL is somehow manipulating games without any real proof is wrong. And if we were people that mattered, it would libelous. but since we are just a bunch of nobody's... they dont care what we think.

but Im glad you can have a discussion about this and have a different view without being a condescending jack-off. :P

I shouldve tried harder........:Banane43:

I shouldve tried harder........:Banane43:

look... Im on board with the theory the NFL is behind this...

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46631

Here is the reason.

Everyone knows that ESPN is on basic cable. They are paid the highest rate by the cable companies (about $3.00 per month per cable subscriber- 196 million a year just for regular espn). NFL network wants to get onto basic cable for a rate of .70 cents per month per subscriber.

they know that if ESPN, who broadcasts Monday Night Football, wants to continue to broacast football in the future and get a better shot at having more games in the next contract, they will do what the NFL wants. and if they want to continue that enormous fee they need NFL football and access to NFL replays and such.

we know that the NFL is trying their best through manipulation of the referees and the rules to get the Pats to be undefeated by week 17 ;-), when miraculously the Pats are on the NFL network. so to keep this undefeated season fresh in everyone's mind, they have ESPN run a Pats category on the ESPN ticker. and if all of america has pats-on-the-brains they will demand their cable operator gives them the NFL network on basic cable. ESPN benefits. NFL Network benefits. Everyone wins.

See. there is a conspiracy theory. And it now includes ESPN. How much you want to bet its only going to be Pro-Pats on ESPN from now on. No more negativity about them;-)

I think I make a very good argument!

look... Im on board with the theory the NFL is behind this...

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46631

Here is the reason.

Everyone knows that ESPN is on basic cable. They are paid the highest rate by the cable companies (about $3.00 per month per cable subscriber- 196 million a year just for regular espn). NFL network wants to get onto basic cable for a rate of .70 cents per month per subscriber.

they know that if ESPN, who broadcasts Monday Night Football, wants to continue to broacast football in the future and get a better shot at having more games in the next contract, they will do what the NFL wants. and if they want to continue that enormous fee they need NFL football and access to NFL replays and such.

we know that the NFL is trying their best through manipulation of the referees and the rules to get the Pats to be undefeated by week 17 ;-), when miraculously the Pats are on the NFL network. so to keep this undefeated season fresh in everyone's mind, they have ESPN run a Pats category on the ESPN ticker. and if all of america has pats-on-the-brains they will demand their cable operator gives them the NFL network on basic cable. ESPN benefits. NFL Network benefits. Everyone wins.

See. there is a conspiracy theory. And it now includes ESPN. How much you want to bet its only going to be Pro-Pats on ESPN from now on. No more negativity about them;-)

I think I make a very good argument!

You were just faking it......:rl:

No one likes them.

I'm just sayin'.

We're usually on the same page Cane but I gotta disagree here. Your WAAAAAY off base with your last statement my friend. Cheators and Taintriots CAN be a terms of affection in certain circumstances. :bag:

We're usually on the same page Cane but I gotta disagree here. Your WAAAAAY off base with your last statement my friend. Cheators and Taintriots CAN be a terms of affection in certain circumstances. :bag:

Yep, you're right. They have attained nickname status.

Pats_Cheaters-398x224.jpg

Archived