Whole world hates the Pats

PaJetFan

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm starting to think some of you are just insane.

Explain how/why "letting" the Pats win is in the best interest of the league? No, really. I mean, it was in the best interest of the league back in 2001 - the whole "Pariots" theme - even though there are two teams with NY in front of their names - NY being the city who's terrorist attack had a profound effect on an entire country - but I digress. Yah, and this year after Manjudas called the cops and the Pats were battling cheater headlines - I mean, it sure would be in the best interest of the league to have what you all say is the most hated team of all time - and gee wiz, cheaters - win the SB. Makes perfect sense.:rolleyes:

You said it right here in your own post ,The NFL needed something to bring the spirits up for the whole country and Bam the "Pariots name and the red ,white, and blue Uni's" fit so well with what was happening to the country.

BP - I miss TX and Kansas all the time, not just times like these. And whats so different about this time versus any other time anyway?

They're not here this time, that's why. PFS is defending our country overseas, and TX is calling someone delusional somewhere. you're all on your lonesome that's all.

No Garb, it is all about $$$$$$$$$$$$. The NFL is not stupid. If more people are signing up for DirecetTV to get NFL Network or are pressuring cable companies to get them NFL Network it means more $$$$$$$$$$$ for the NFL. This is the NFL. In the end its all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$.

It's one game - potentially historic - but one game (in prime shopping time). Yet, that does not explain the "memo" that went out explaining that the Pats are supposed to be part of this and not the Colts, or the Cowboys, or whomever. Why was the memo about the Pats going undefeated (which I personally do NOT think will happen - and I honestly don't really care, I just want another SB victory) and not some other team?

C'mon people.

They're not here this time, that's why. PFS is defending our country overseas, and TX is calling someone delusional somewhere. you're all on your lonesome that's all.

Yah, it's scary here on a messageboard all by my lonesome. You should see my fingers trembling as I type. Could explain my atrocious spelling.

It's one game - potentially historic - but one game (in prime shopping time). Yet, that does not explain the "memo" that went out explaining that the Pats are supposed to be part of this and not the Colts, or the Cowboys, or whomever. Why was the memo about the Pats going undefeated (which I personally do NOT think will happen - and I honestly don't really care, I just want another SB victory) and not some other team?

C'mon people.

Sweetheart, the Cowboys and Colts are not America's most hated teams. Are they hated by some? Yes. Heck, the Cowboys are hated by many. However, in todays NFL it is the Patriots whom people hate. The Patriots who recently won three Super Bowls in four years. The Patriots with the lying, cheating, slimeball coach. The Patriots with the "sexy" Quarterback in Tom Brady. The Patriots are who America LOVES to HATE.

Sweetheart, the Cowboys and Colts are not America's most hated teams. Are they hated by some? Yes. Heck, the Cowboys are hated by many. However, in todays NFL it is the Patriots whom people hate. The Patriots who recently won three Super Bowls in four years. The Patriots with the lying, cheating, slimeball coach. The Patriots with the "sexy" Quarterback in Tom Brady. The Patriots are who America LOVES to HATE.

Oh, so the NFL wants the most hated team to capture the unbeaten title and to win an SB. Hmmm.....interesting theory :rolleyes:

You are all crazy.

Oh, so the NFL wants the most hated team to capture the unbeaten title and to win an SB. Hmmm.....interesting theory :rolleyes:

You are all crazy.

That is what generates more people to watch. They watch to cheer against the team they hate. Everyone who isn't a Patriot fan, especially this season, hates the Patriots. They want to see them lose and with the recent close calls, people are getting more interested in watching Patriot games to see if this is the week that they lose and people around America can celebrate. Would people really care if a loveable team like the Cardinals or Texans were 15-0 going into Week 17? Heck no.

You are the crazy one.

what your post just reminded me of 124 with the "sexy" Quarterback in Tom Brady quote is when the Jets with Namath were right up there in the late 60's and early 70's the JETS were the team everybody loved to hate, I mean there were guys out there TRYING to hurt Joe-like Ben Davidson of the Raiders-who was proud of breaking Namath' jaw on a cheap and late hit

Yes I have good values and I honestly think Mangini and the Jets do as well. --But that doesnt mean I think NE is "just playing tough", and that they are legit in their wins. You cant have an open mind and not consider the notion of some funny business going on.

Im not saying it cant happen, but I doubt the league is going to put itself in jeopardy just so they get good ratings. I am open to all possibilities but my first instinct is there isnt any funny business going on. In the long run its just not worth it for the viability of the league.

By nature I am a skeptical person. People always say when there's smoke there's fire. Some of you see a forest fire. I dont see it.

Football is a business, not a sport. You can't put your business in a situation where the consumers are questioning the integrity of the business. It would lose all credibility and ultimately lose the fans and the money. As a business person, would you put your business in jeopardy to try and get ratings for the last few weeks of the season where ad sales have already been completed?

If there is proof that the NFL is instructing its officials to favor one side, then I will believe it. But until then, Im not going to believe fans of a competitor who looks for any minor detail and claim how the NFL favors the Pats so it tarnishes their reputation. If it came from a neutral person it would be different. but its coming from fans who hate the Pats and that just isnt good enough.

what about the 49ers, cowboys, steelers, packers, etc, etc, etc. there was no blind hatred of any of those teams ACROSS THE ENTIRE COUNTRY.

what blind hatred is there across the country for the Pats?? What a surprise people in PA hate the Pats. its because the Pats kick the sh!t out of the Steelers and the Eagles.

Plus there were plenty of people who hated the 49ers and Cowboys in the 90's. I did and I had no reason to. I am a jets fan and I disliked them.

I say we get a caravan and travel cross country stopping in every city and checking in with the locals to see who their hated team is. Road trips are always fun!

what blind hatred is there across the country for the Pats?? What a surprise people in PA hate the Pats. its because the Pats kick the sh!t out of the Steelers and the Eagles.

Plus there were plenty of people who hated the 49ers and Cowboys in the 90's. I did and I had no reason to. I am a jets fan and I disliked them.

I say we get a caravan and travel cross country stopping in every city and checking in with the locals to see who their hated team is. Road trips are always fun!

I'm sure we'll all be lining up just for the chance to hang with you LBS-count me in

Have fun. Dont forget to write!

No Garb, it is all about $$$$$$$$$$$$. The NFL is not stupid. If more people are signing up for DirecetTV to get NFL Network or are pressuring cable companies to get them NFL Network it means more $$$$$$$$$$$ for the NFL. This is the NFL. In the end its all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$.

.70 cents per subscriber if it was on basic cable X 65,300,000 basic cable subscribers in US= $45,710,000

$45,710,000 is worth jeopardizing the integrity and long term stability of the league?

If the NFL was ever found to be coercing the officials to "call it the way of the Pats" the league would be in serious jeopardy of surviving. Would you continue to watch?

hey Im a lot of fun when Im not being a closet Patsie fan.:)

yea what is with all thye defending of all things Patriots the last few days LBS? I'm pretty sure you've always been a Jets fan-then again I don't really pay that much attention to every post I read...so maybe you've always been one of the glass-is-half-empty guys

yea what is with all thye defending of all things Patriots the last few days LBS? I'm pretty sure you've always been a Jets fan-then again I don't really pay that much attention to every post I read...so maybe you've always been one of the glass-is-half-empty guys

well, I did have a dizzy spell at the gym monday night before the Pats game... maybe there is something wrong with my brain. :P

people only hate winners, not 4time super bowl losers... we just laugh at them. plus they're in buffalo. the armpit of the northeast.

i have hated belichick since his "hc of the nyj" day. still do. but i do respect the success they have. the tuck game wasnt the pats getting anything, that was the rule.

camera-gate.. yep.

communications- yep, but just accused and I dont think anything has ever been discovered.

manipulation of CT.- yep. he acted like an owner. too bad Woody didnt learn anything from him.

Im sure there are fans of the Pats who live outside of New England. Just as there are tons of haters. It comes with success. and most of the haters dont hate them because of camera gate or other indiscretions, they hate them because they keep beating their team (colts, steelers, afc east)

Lil Bit Special is making valid points.

I'm very disappointed in a few posters here, who I like, that are calling Lil Bit a Pats fan.

Those same posters are irrational and full of venom because their beloved Jets haven't done anything in the playoffs since 1998 and the Pats have won 3 Super Bowls and won the AFCE 5 times in a row.

BTW: The communications thing is BS. The communication between Brady and Josh Daniels (Offensive Coordinator) didn't work at all when the Pats were playing Indy.

Did the Pats bitch about? No.

I'm very disappointed in a few posters here, who I like, that are calling Lil Bit a Pats fan.

Those same posters are irrational and full of venom because their beloved Jets haven't done anything in the playoffs since 1998 and the Pats have won 3 Super Bowls and won the AFCE 5 times in a row.

Gee thanks for the reminder troll. And you wonder why people hate the Pats and their arrogant trollest fans. :P

:biggrin: I heard from several Bills fans out here that a DB (no not defensive back) PatsFanTx has been on the Bills boards since getting banned from JI. Guess he's starting the same crap as he did here and has been getting hammered unmercifully by the Bills fans . Guess some things never change. :biggrin:

Actually I think a lot of people hate the Cowboys and hated the 49rs when they were good. Just like a lot of people hate the Yankees and the Lakers.

But the difference is, those teams did have a lot of national appeal, and attracted fans from all over the country.

I do not think the Cheaters will ever attract a national following, and they will just have a limited, local, delusional, fagtown/faghag fan base.

LMAO !!

BTW: The communications thing is BS. The communication between Brady and Josh Daniels (Offensive Coordinator) didn't work at all when the Pats were playing Indy.

Did the Pats bitch about? No.

lol that was me you whiny sod. You only agree with him because he supports your team. That's pretty much the mark of death right there. How exactly can a Pats troll convince me that Lil Pats fan over there isn't one of them by praising him for being right? LOL

You would have done far more to convince me by claiming he is wrong. Besides hasn't he already contradicted himself?

He claims people hated the Cowboys and Niners while also claiming the Pats aren't hated across the country, because the teams the people that hate them have a reason to do so. Then he claims he hates the Cowboys because he was a jealous Jets fan. Funny, but nobody is jealous of the Patriots now, they are all slighted because their teams lost to the Pats. The Cowboys apparently never beat anyone in the NFL on their way to those SB wins, hence no cause for hating for losing, only jealous that they won. Yeah, that's a logical nightmare right there but whatever, all Pats fans are illogical. Further proof of Lil Pats Fan's loyalties.

lol that was me you whiny sod. You only agree with him because he supports your team. That's pretty much the mark of death right there. How exactly can a Pats troll convince me that Lil Pats fan over there isn't one of them by praising him for being right? LOL

You would have done far more to convince me by claiming he is wrong. Besides hasn't he already contradicted himself?

He claims people hated the Cowboys and Niners while also claiming the Pats aren't hated across the country, because the teams the people that hate them have a reason to do so. Then he claims he hates the Cowboys because he was a jealous Jets fan. Funny, but nobody is jealous of the Patriots now, they are all slighted because their teams lost to the Pats. The Cowboys apparently never beat anyone in the NFL on their way to those SB wins, hence no cause for hating for losing, only jealous that they won. Yeah, that's a logical nightmare right there but whatever, all Pats fans are illogical. Further proof of Lil Pats Fan's loyalties.

Gotta hand it to you Serphnx, you make some great points here. + rep to you. :pats:

Just adding to what I've been saying earlier in this thread to Garby Dearest and others:

From today's AP on the NFL:

"New England's pursuit of an undefeated season continues to draw viewers. Their dramatic comeback win over the Baltimore Ravens on Monday night attracted THE LARGEST AUDIENCE EVER FOR A CABLE PROGRAM."

:Typotux:

Just adding to what I've been saying earlier in this thread to Garby Dearest and others:

"New England's pursuit of an undefeated season continues to draw viewers. Their dramatic comeback win over the Baltimore Ravens on Monday night attracted THE LARGEST AUDIENCE EVER FOR A CABLE PROGRAM."

you don't say 124 ,but They will nevahh admit to it

That cable channel is called ESPN - not the NFL Network.

You're nuts, 124.

Archived