Ravens probably will get fined for criticizing offiicals

faba

So if the Pats lose on Sunday will this make you happy or will it make you sad because it blows away your conspiracy theory rubbish?

Did you happen to watch the Colts/Pats game this year when the Pats were penalized 10 times for 130 something yards?

They have to make the game believeable when its two better teams talent wise.

And yes, that would shoot down my "theory" as you want to call it, but yeah, they havn't lost.

Oh and it was just a coincidence that Marvin Harrison actually was hurt around the time of that game. Yep.

Oh and it was just a coincidence that Marvin Harrison actually was hurt around the time of that game. Yep.

:bwahaharoll: So are you now insinuating that the NFL is either making teams hold out their best players or sending people out to injure them while they sleep?

:bwahaharoll: So are you now insinuating that the NFL is either making teams hold out their best players or sending people out to injure them while they sleep?

You can't rule out anything when people or an organization have money. You can not.

I'm nuts because the NFL knows it will make people even more crazier for NFL Network that they will then either A. Write letters to their cable companies demanding the network, putting more presure on the networks or B. They purchase Direct-TV and along with that the NFL Package once they have Dircet-TV, meaning more money for the league!

Maybe there was something back in the late 60's. I don't know. All I know is now. Now is now. This is what is going on.

The winter holidays would be the WORST time for this type of showdown.....and it's ONE game.......

I don't think everyone is as football crazed as you think they are. Just a thought.

hey, here's more conspiracy stuff for you! I think BB can secretly take over an opposing players mind via satelitte dishes. Yup, how else do you explain the Raven's meltdown resulting in 30 penaty yards - or Rex Ryan's time out, or making a player give big time bulletin board material like this! Oh, that's it! BB can bend minds....

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07339/839489-66.stm

I'm really starting to question the sanity of some of the posters here. Wishing injury on Pats players & conspiracy theories abound. It's cracking me up.

The Pats never would have won the game against the redskins if they didnt get a lucky call from the ref.

:bag:

Now you have completely lost your mind! He missed the game before that and hasn't played since.

So, let me get this straight. The Pats being in "primetime" makes the NFL money. So, explain this:

The Patriots' home game against the Jets on Dec. 16 will remain at 1 p.m.

The game could have been moved to 4:15 p.m., which for television purposes would have meant it would have been seen in more homes nationally. But instead, it will mark the Patriots' first 1 p.m. game since an Oct. 21 win at Miami.

The team's Dec. 23 game against the Dolphins could still be moved to 4:15 p.m.

So, let me get this straight. The Pats being in "primetime" makes the NFL money. So, explain this:

The Patriots' home game against the Jets on Dec. 16 will remain at 1 p.m.

The game could have been moved to 4:15 p.m., which for television purposes would have meant it would have been seen in more homes nationally. But instead, it will mark the Patriots' first 1 p.m. game since an Oct. 21 win at Miami.

The team's Dec. 23 game against the Dolphins could still be moved to 4:15 p.m.

Hey. I just started a thread about that!

My main issue is with the defensive holding call at the end. In fact, I agree that it was holding. My main issue is both teams were getting away with it all night long. Why all the sudden do the refs call it there in such a critical spot? If you're going to call a loose game, you need to do it consistently throughout the game. This is like an NBA ref calling a lose game where players are banging around pretty rough, only to call a weak foul on a crucial shot at the end of the game. Or like a baseball game where the ump has a wide srike zone, only to suddenly tighten it significantly at the end of the game when the team at bat is behind by 1 runs with bases loaded and 2 outs.

My main issue is with the defensive holding call at the end. In fact, I agree that it was holding. My main issue is both teams were getting away with it all night long. Why all the sudden do the refs call it there in such a critical spot? If you're going to call a loose game, you need to do it consistently throughout the game. This is like an NBA ref calling a lose game where players are banging around pretty rough, only to call a weak foul on a crucial shot at the end of the game. Or like a baseball game where the ump has a wide srike zone, only to suddenly tighten it significantly at the end of the game when the team at bat is behind by 1 runs with bases loaded and 2 outs.

Not bad commentary from a Penn St grad...right on

That's exactly why. I don't think any ref wants to be known for missing a call on one of the biggest plays of any game.

That's exactly why. I don't think any ref wants to be known for missing a call on one of the biggest plays of any game.

That's completely unacceptable though. More important than calling the game by the letter of the law is calling a game consistently. That rule transcends all sports. If a referee or team of referees have acertain style that they officiate the game, that style will set the tone for the entire game. Make no mistake, coaches and players recognize how a ref has called plays in the game. In fact, they follow their trends for as long as they were in the league. If the refs decided to set the tone that they were going to allow physical play for 58 minuts of the game, they must continue to do so for the final 2 minutes of the game. The players have adjusted their play to the style of the refs by that point, it's completely unfair to suddenly change that. I don't believe the refs did it to help the Pats win, but they made a huge mistake by defecting from their refereeing style for the entire game. That sudden change in style cost the Ravens the game.

The penalty was clearly a penalty by the letter of the law, but it had gone on all night without being called. The refs were clearly seeing it night and decided not to call it (if they weren't seeing it then they weren't doing their jobs and should be fired for incompetence). That was the tone they set. The penalty was a hold, but it was not blatant, and by no means was it any different than the holds that were going on all night. It was a bad decision by the referee that made the call, and it cost the Ravens the game.

That's completely unacceptable though. More important than calling the game by the letter of the law is calling a game consistently. That rule transcends all sports. If a referee or team of referees have acertain style that they officiate the game, that style will set the tone for the entire game. Make no mistake, coaches and players recognize how a ref has called plays in the game. In fact, they follow their trends for as long as they were in the league. If the refs decided to set the tone that they were going to allow physical play for 58 minuts of the game, they must continue to do so for the final 2 minutes of the game. The players have adjusted their play to the style of the refs by that point, it's completely unfair to suddenly change that. I don't believe the refs did it to help the Pats win, but they made a huge mistake by defecting from their refereeing style for the entire game. That sudden change in style cost the Ravens the game.

The penalty was clearly a penalty by the letter of the law, but it had gone on all night without being called. The refs were clearly seeing it night and decided not to call it (if they weren't seeing it then they weren't doing their jobs and should be fired for incompetence). That was the tone they set. The penalty was a hold, but it was not blatant, and by no means was it any different than the holds that were going on all night. It was a bad decision by the referee that made the call, and it cost the Ravens the game.

You know what cost the Ravens the game? Going 3 and out on offense 3 times in the 4th quarter and Kyle Boller throwing that ridiculous pick to 4 white shirts.

You know what cost the Ravens the game? Going 3 and out on offense 3 times in the 4th quarter and Kyle Boller throwing that ridiculous pick to 4 white shirts.

The typical fallback of someone who didn't want to adress the issue. That play did not cost them the game. If it did, then why didn't the game just end there? Many times a QB will throw a bad pick and the defense steps up and holds them. Should hose records be erase simply because you feel the "game ended at the INT"? The drastic play on that last drive was not the timeout, it was the 4th down play that the D did their job, only to get penalized for a ticky tacky penalty that had previously been allowed for both teams for 59 minutes and 12 seconds of the game.

The typical fallback of someone who didn't want to adress the issue. That play did not cost them the game. If it did, then why didn't the game just end there? Many times a QB will throw a bad pick and the defense steps up and holds them. Should hose records be erase simply because you feel the "game ended at the INT"? The drastic play on that last drive was not the timeout, it was the 4th down play that the D did their job, only to get penalized for a ticky tacky penalty that had previously been allowed for both teams for 59 minutes and 12 seconds of the game.

The refs called the holding on Ivy. Thats a 50/50 call.

The penalty should have been on Bart Scott for tackling Gaffney.

Did I say the game ended on that INT by Boller? If you read my post you will see that the Ravens offense didn't pick up a 1st down in the 4th qtr.

The refs called the holding on Ivy. Thats a 50/50 call.

The penalty should have been on Bart Scott for tackling Gaffney.

For 59 minutes and 12 seconds it was a 0% chance, for the last 44 seconds it's suddenly a penalty? Consistency is lacking, and that's the issue. If an umpire n baseball has a wide strike zone for 8.5 innings, only to suddenly tighten up when the losing team comes up to bat in the 9th, how is that fair?

Did I say the game ended on that INT by Boller? If you read my post you will see that the Ravens offense didn't pick up a 1st down in the 4th qtr.

You said that's why they lost. I contend that they had the lead up until the point where they should have had the ball due to a turnover on downs by the Pats. Thanks to the refs suddenly calling something they allowed all game, the Pats kept the ball and scored.

You said that's why they lost. I contend that they had the lead up until the point where they should have had the ball due to a turnover on downs by the Pats. Thanks to the refs suddenly calling something they allowed all game, the Pats kept the ball and scored.

Boller threw a stupid pick and after that the offense did nothing.

So it all comes down to the Refs? Are you for real?

The Ravens had 4 possessions on offense in the 4th qtr and did nothing.

Lets blame the refs.....

Your hatred of the Pats is comical.

I challenge you to show me ANY fan of an NFL team that isn't partial to their team. Hell, it took a 1-7 start before you guys realized how bad Pennington sucked.

If you were to actually read the posts you'd realize that many of us wanted him gone at the begining of the season. Secondly, while many of us aren't short sighted enough not to admit that the Pats are the best team in the NFL, we also see the non legitimate breaks that they get and why not post it? After all, I think that I am not in the minority when I say that though everyone loves a winner, every hates the no class approach by that organization. Don't forget that though many of us love to talk football in general, you are posting in a NY Jets forum and as far as your Pats are concerned, you'll get no love here.

Archived