Kline and Sheffield suspended.

shawn306

Let's look at this rationally.

The call was deemed wrong after a replay, which revealed an insanely close play. Umps make mistakes, so let's not burn him for this one from the start.

Shef throws his helmet. Should he have been thrown out? No. That was the umpire's mistake for determining that a "heat of the moment" reaction in a close game was worthy of ejection.

However, was Sheffield right to literally get in the umpire's face? No. Therefore, the suspension is legit. It should have never happened in the first place, had the umpire: a) made the right call or B) not thrown out Shef, but Sheffield should be held responsible for his inappropriate behavior, which he has had a reputation for his entire career.

80, you're contradicting yourself man.

Bottom line is, the umpire was wrong for giving Sheffield an early exit, so sheff had every frickin right to get in his face.

I wish sheff would have kicked him right in the balls. :Nuts:

80, you're contradicting yourself man.

Bottom line is, the umpire was wrong for giving Sheffield an early exit, so sheff had every frickin right to get in his face.

I wish sheff would have kicked him right in the balls. :Nuts:

I'm not contradicting myself at all. What YOU are saying is that 2 wrongs make a right, and life just doesnt work like that.

Sure, the ump was wrong, but that doesn't justify getting in his face.

You should be glad Sheffield isn't YOU, because he would have been kicked out of baseball forever.

I'm not contradicting myself at all. What YOU are saying is that 2 wrongs make a right, and life just doesnt work like that.

Sure, the ump was wrong, but that doesn't justify getting in his face.

Well thats your opinion and your entitled to that, but IMO Sheffield getting in the umpires face was well deserved.

WTF is with these umps these days?? baseball tonight was even saying how alot of these young umpires just don't get it and how they stupidly eject somebody when its not deserved, its ridiculous.

EB, you make it seem like the former meathead players and jock-sniffing phonies that host Baseball Tonight and make up ESPN's entire staff actually have credibilty! They're whole existence is based on what lowlife sports figures grant them interviews. They made excuses for Ron Artest as well, both before and after he caused a riot in Detroit. They have ZERO credibility!

The play in question was bang/bang...at best it was a tie. I know that ties go to the runner, but what the ump says is final and human error is part of every sport. Stop trying to rationalize Garroid's offensive behavior, you will lose that battle every single time! He should be locked in a cage!

EB, you make it seem like the former meathead players and jock-sniffing phonies that host Baseball Tonight and make up ESPN's entire staff actually have credibilty! They're whole existence is based on what lowlife sports figures grant them interviews. They made excuses for Ron Artest as well, both before and after he caused a riot in Detroit. They have ZERO credibility!

The play in question was bang/bang...at best it was a tie. I know that ties go to the runner, but what the ump says is final and human error is part of every sport. Stop trying to rationalize Garroid's offensive behavior, you will lose that battle every single time!

He should be locked in a cage!

You mean like that pussy captain of the boston red sox?!?! >ZING!<

You mean like that pu$$y captain of the boston red sox?!?! >ZING!<

Youre going to compare Varitek...the consumate professional with Garroid, perhaps the biggest jerk ever to play baseball not named Ty Cobb!

These 2 couldnt be more opposite! Tek is a model teammate. Garroid is a clubhouse cancer. Tek would be welcomed on ANY team (best catcher in the game.) You couldnt give Garroid away to anyone(salary + malcontent attitude.) Tek is a team-first guy. Garroid thinks only of Garroid. Tek will stand up for his teammates (ie by shoving his mitt into A-hole's face.) Garroid will actually make a concerted effort to hurt his team (errors on purpose + refusing to be traded when he is not wanted)

Garroid should be incarcerated. I dont think Tek should be locked up but I do think the Red Sox should have imposed a steep fine on him last year..........for bitch-slapping A-rod INSTEAD of flat out cold-cocking him!

Archived