Falcons Petrino to Resign from the Head Coach Position

lawngnome o-line

He went to Atlanta expecting Mike Vick to be the QB. He had built the playbook around him and next thing you know Vick is gone, It was a very tough situation and I admit I was sorry for the guy. I don't blame him for getting the Hell out of there, I really don't.

Thank you

A fact peope were forgetting, now petrino knows he is not going to Vick for at least two years, if ever. You can not blame this guy for leaving. I think he has done it unprofessionally but, he proabably won't step foot on an NFL side line again anyway...But you can't balem this guy for walking away.

Saban running out of jobs showing no loyalty- one good reason to root for Bama to lose.

Saban left LSU for a shot at coaching in the NFL..nothing wrong there

He obviously did not like the grind of the NFL which has turned into an 11 1/2

job. the season never ends.

So he goes back to College life, what is so wrong with that, he wasn't trying

to gain more $, he wasn't pulling a Charly weis to garner more coin from his school.

If you left your job for more coin, who would complain? and then after

you tried this higher paying job for a couple of years and you didn't likey u

decide to go back to your comfort level. what the F is wrong with that?

Saban left LSU for a shot at coaching in the NFL..nothing wrong there

He obviously did not like the grind of the NFL which has turned into an 11 1/2

job. the season never ends.

So he goes back to College life, what is so wrong with that, he wasn't trying

to gain more $, he wasn't pulling a Charly weis to garner more coin from his school.

If you left your job for more coin, who would complain? and then after

you tried this higher paying job for a couple of years and you didn't likey u

decide to go back to your comfort level. what the F is wrong with that?

I agree. I don't see what the big deal is, you see this thing all of the time in 'normal' industries, why should the world of football be any different?

The way they're ripping Petrino in the media, you would think he killed some dogs and got sent to prison for a couple of years...Atlanta and the media has got their priorities all ****ed up. Yeah, Petrino didn't do the job he was hired to do, but to me, Vick let the fans, teammates and the NFL down worse than anything he (Petrino) just did.

The way they're ripping Petrino in the media, you would think he killed some dogs and got sent to prison for a couple of years...Atlanta and the media has got their priorities all ****ed up. Yeah, Petrino didn't do the job he was hired to do, but to me, Vick let the fans, teammates and the NFL down worse than anything he (Petrino) just did.

Vick was more important to the team so yes, he certainly did F the Falcons and their fans over worse than Petrino. If Vick wasn't in jail right now the Falcons would be fighting for a wildcard but instead they're fighting for a draft pick.

Lou Holtz, Spurrier, Saban and now Petrino. When will NFL teams learn their lesson?

I think I even read somewhere that during the game on Monday night, that two of the players (DeAngelo Hall and Roddy White come to mind but I'm not sure) had "tributes" to Vick. One of them had MV7 written on the black under their eyes, and the other had a shirt that was under his jersey that said "Free Mike Vick" or something like that. I forget where I read it and unfortunately, I didn't watch most of the game so I can't confirm it.

If it's true, then what does that say about those two players. It's not like he was wrongly imprisoned, he admitted it. People are just so ****ed up in our society these days.

people like to bash bobby petrino but let's be real he did that team a favor by leaving, he was absolutely outclassed and everyone knew it. he couldn't control the locker room and things weren't getting better. he needed to go, what's the difference if it's now or end of the year or end of next year?

also people say he's a bum for not living up to his contracts but how about the fact these coaches can and do get fired all the time. It's ok for the school or team to bring down the axe but when a guy gets a better offer he's a bum? Loyalty works both ways.

Archived