Anyone think the Astro's try to reverse that deal for Tejada now?

AVM

Cant imagine they want him, though I'm not sure if its too late to reverse it. Im sure many of you will think its a stupid question, but I really dont know if this kind of thing is possible.

It was already known around the time Palmeiro got caught that Tejada had used roids. I don't think it's going to play a factor in this deal.

You must remember, Baltimore is as much a band box as Minute Maid is. Minute Maid as least makes you work it in the power alleys and straight away.

New attitude in a new location. He gets a fresh start from all the detractors who want him to move to 3rd, move down in the batting order, etc.

Plus, in that division, everyone is a contender. In the AL East, Baltimore has no shot for the next 3 years or so, at least.

New attitude in a new location. He gets a fresh start from all the detractors who want him to move to 3rd, move down in the batting order, etc.

Plus, in that division, everyone is a contender. In the AL East, Baltimore has no shot for the next 3 years or so, at least.

Agreed.

I think they are hitting Tejada third, in front of Berkman, Lee and Pence.

Are you so naive to believe that the Stro's didn't already know Tejada was on roids and likely to show on Mitchell's report? Read the report, the most ironic part is how the teams and owners claim they had no idea there were roids being used, every scouting report on players they were looking to trade for wrote about whether or not they felt the player used illegal means to get ahead. Every single one of them.

Are you so naive to believe that the Stro's didn't already know Tejada was on roids and likely to show on Mitchell's report? Read the report, the most ironic part is how the teams and owners claim they had no idea there were roids being used, every scouting report on players they were looking to trade for wrote about whether or not they felt the player used illegal means to get ahead. Every single one of them.

Steve Phillips said the other night that "sure he suspected some players were using", but what was he going to do, go through shoe boxes in every locker looking for syringes when it wasn't even banned?

People knew. There are no secrets.

yeah, but they lead off with Michael Bourn and Kaz Matsui-Not so good.

Bourn has a world of speed, and I heard an interview with the Phils GM last year, before a Mets game, that they really liked him. So maybe he is worth something. Also, Kaz played better since he got away from NY. So that top of the lineup has speed, and maybe some decent potential.

Bourn has a world of speed, and I heard an interview with the Phils GM last year, before a Mets game, that they really liked him. So maybe he is worth something. Also, Kaz played better since he got away from NY. So that top of the lineup has speed, and maybe some decent potential.

What you want out of your #1 and #2 guy is teh ability to get on base:

Bourn .348 last year

Matsui .342 last year.

Neither is great.

What you want out of your #1 and #2 guy is teh ability to get on base:

Bourn .348 last year

Matsui .342 last year.

Neither is great.

True.

However, if Bourn improves just a bit to around .360, that is at least average, and that helps.

We shall see. But the Astros need to find a real rotation behind Oswalt if they really want to make some noise in 2008. Cubbies and possibly the Brewers have better starters, 1-5.

Archived