If Clemens not the man, draft Matt Ryan and keep Chad

SouthernJet

Where do people keep getting this notion that Matt Ryan has a weak arm???

Seriously, I have seen him absolutely cannon passes.:confused0082:

I agree with you dont ask me why? But what you said is true.Hes got a cannon with a quick release and can throw the ball downfield........to who is another question.

Didn't read the entire thread so sorry if someone put this but why would we draft Matt Ryan considering all our other needs and the fact that, even absolute best case scenario, he's equal in talent to Clemens (and that's probably a stretch)? His arm is average, he by no means has a "cannon." His strength is in his intangibles but his talent is solid, nothing more. What would be the point?

Didn't read the entire thread so sorry if someone put this but why would we draft Matt Ryan considering all our other needs and the fact that, even absolute best case scenario, he's equal in talent to Clemens (and that's probably a stretch)? His arm is average, he by no means has a "cannon." His strength is in his intangibles but his talent is solid, nothing more. What would be the point?

It would seem to me that drafting as high as we are drafting, Tangini should be able to get a major talent WITH intangibles.

Agreed, but If clemens isn't the real deal it will set the team back for 5 years. 2 for trying to figure out if Clemens can play and then 3 years to develop a new qb.

That is true, but if Clemens works out we become a contender sooner rather than later.

IMO we keep Clemens and give him one year to show what he can do with this team. If he doesn't work out we need to clearout and start over. (That means a new HC too).

That is true, but if Clemens works out we become a contender sooner rather than later.

IMO we keep Clemens and give him one year to show what he can do with this team. If he doesn't work out we need to clearout and start over. (That means a new HC too).

That's where I call bull****. You can't force the team to stick with Clemens and then insist that if Clemens sucks the coach must go. Clemens was not like the Giants getting Eli. The Jets did not mortgage everything to get him. They needed a qb because Penny was unknown and Ramsey a crutch. If they fire this coaching staff next year, they'll have plenty of reasons, but if Clemens sucks that's his fault, not theirs.

That's where I call bull****. You can't force the team to stick with Clemens and then insist that if Clemens sucks the coach must go. Clemens was not like the Giants getting Eli. The Jets did not mortgage everything to get him. They needed a qb because Penny was unknown and Ramsey a crutch. If they fire this coaching staff next year, they'll have plenty of reasons, but if Clemens sucks that's his fault, not theirs.

agreed, Mangina shouldn't be fired for sticking with Clemens, he should be fired for being and arrogant arse. He really needs to get some talent in here to run the schemes he wants to run. Can't do it with scotch tape and bubble gum.

Sorry SJ, but according to Dave Hutchinson the Jets do not believe Matt Ryan or Brian Brohm are as good as Clemens and are most likely to select Chris Long to play on the other side of Shaun Ellis (a pick I still do not understand).

Sorry SJ, but according to Dave Hutchinson the Jets do not believe Matt Ryan or Brian Brohm are as good as Clemens and are most likely to select Chris Long to play on the other side of Shaun Ellis (a pick I still do not understand).

Wow, So Dave Hutchinson heard what Kiper said. Cimini thinks the Jets are in love with McFadden.

ok, cool,,thanks for info,,

i am a chris long fan,,having seen him play vs UNC,,a beast,,

He will be a star in nfl,,just has to be right system

Wow, So Dave Hutchinson heard what Kiper said. Cimini thinks the Jets are in love with McFadden.

I don't think the Jets would be making the correct move if they took either Long or McFadden.

Shaun Ellis is a little bit undersized for the 34 as it is and if it were him and Chris Long, well, thats two undersized DE's with an undersized NT. At least with Kenyon Coleman we have a true 34 DE. Yes he's not a pass rusher, but in the 34, that should be coming from the 'backers as it is.

I still think the Jets' best options would be selecting either 34 OLB Quentin Groves of Auburn or RT Jake Long of Michigan or a trade down. I would be happy with either of those three moves.

Something we need R44 and bit to tell us about / find out: Who are the top Offensive Guards in this draft? A trade down between 10-20 could land us the top Guard if there is such a conveted one in this drafted.

I don't think the Jets would be making the correct move if they took either Long or McFadden.

Shaun Ellis is a little bit undersized for the 34 as it is and if it were him and Chris Long, well, thats two undersized DE's with an undersized NT. At least with Kenyon Coleman we have a true 34 DE. Yes he's not a pass rusher, but in the 34, that should be coming from the 'backers as it is.

I still think the Jets' best options would be selecting either 34 OLB Quentin Groves of Auburn or RT Jake Long of Michigan or a trade down. I would be happy with either of those three moves.

i am in favor of a trade down for several picks,,with maybe using one of the picks by taking a flyer on colt brennan in 2nd/3rd round,,

last time Jets drafted a Bad Boy at QB, we won a SuperBowl.

Something we need R44 and bit to tell us about / find out: Who are the top Offensive Guards in this draft? A trade down between 10-20 could land us the top Guard if there is such a conveted one in this drafted.

I think if they do choose Chris Long it will not be as a pure 3-4 DE. It will be as a true hybrid. He seems like a "Mangini" type player. Good attitude, studious, hard worker. I can see them trying to use him in multiple spots. Of course they haven't found a way to do that with the **** that's currently on the roster, but I'd be thinking about it. Problem is that the team probably has too many holes to draft a guy without a defined position that high.

I think after taking 2 OL in the first round 2 years ago we wont be addressing it with the draft again. IMO we address the line in FA and look elsewhere in the draft. I'm a huge McFadden fan and would love to see him on this team, but if we do trade down I want to see us draft defence.

Archived