If Clemens not the man, draft Matt Ryan and keep Chad

SouthernJet

That would be horrible.

The QB class of this year reminds me of the Smith/Rodgers year. None of these guys are anything special.

If Clemens is not the answer, then bring in Derek Anderson.

Absolutely not. That would cost at least a 1st round draft pick, even if we make a trade with the Browns.

Absolutely not. That would cost at least a 1st round draft pick, even if we make a trade with the Browns.

Matt Ryan would also cost a first round draft pick.

I'd rather spend a 1st rounder on a 24-year old proven commodity than an over-hyped QB in a weak class.

Matt Ryan would also cost a first round draft pick.

I'd rather spend a 1st rounder on a 24-year old proven commodity than an over-hyped QB in a weak class.

I agree, but not doing either would solve the problem. Derek Anderson would come in here and **** the bed when he realizes he doesn't have near the weapons of Lewis, Edwards, Winslow, etc.

I agree, but not doing either would solve the problem. Derek Anderson would come in here and **** the bed when he realizes he doesn't have near the weapons of Lewis, Edwards, Winslow, etc.

I'm not in favor of using a first rounder on a QB. The Jets have too many other needs, and Clemens has not got enough of a chance.

I'm just saying that if the Jets believe they MUST get a QB, I'd rather the team go after Anderson than an unproven college guy. What I'd really like to see them do is bring in Sage Rosenfels to compete with Clemens. He's lights out every time he plays, and he's never got a real shot as a starter.

I'd rather see what Brett Ratliff could do if Clemens falters instead of using a high pick on another QB-we have too many other issues and positions that need addressing before we even start worrying about another QB

I agree So Fla. We have issues on both lines and probably need another corner. While I am not sold on clemens, drafting a QB so High would not help the franchise if we do not fix the O-line.

I agree So Fla. We have issues on both lines and probably need another corner. While I am not sold on clemens, drafting a QB so High would not help the franchise if we do not fix the O-line.

this is like my 42nd year of watching NFL football LWC and I never realized just how important a good O-Line is to a football team-it affects every aspect of the team. No OL=no running game, no passing game, risk to your QB's health, a tired defense and all-around how you are able to stick to a gameplan-on BOTH sides of the ball

Fixing the OL is the top priority after the new year

this is like my 42nd year of watching NFL football LWC and I never realized just how important a good O-Line is to a football team-it affects every aspect of the team. No OL=no running game, no passing game, risk to your QB's health, a tired defense and all-around how you are able to stick to a gameplan-on BOTH sides of the ball

agree,,but OLs can be built without top5 pick,,look no further than dbrick,,he is too small and reads too many books to be a quality OL

agree,,but OLs can be built without top5 pick,,look no further than dbrick,,he is too small and reads too many books to be a quality OL

yea a FA or maybe 2 and a couple of DP's to take over at LG and RT...if I had my druthers I'd also like to see Moore at RG replaced

Absolutely. The last time the Jets had a great o-line their names were Hill, Talamini, Schmitt, Rassmussen and Herman. Come to think of it, that was the last time we won a Super Bowl. Coincidence? I rather think not. :)

Absolutely. The last time the Jets had a great o-line their names were Hill, Talamini, Schmitt, Rassmussen and Herman. Come to think of it, that was the last time we won a Super Bowl. Coincidence? I rather think not. :)

out of curiosity,,where were those guys drafted??

we're now paying the price of Herman Edwards 5 years of TOTAL neglect of a most important unit

Tell Chad, we will virtually guarantee you starting gig in 2008 mentoring Matt Ryan. We will give you a 1 year contract, then you can walk in 2009 or compete with Ryan for gig in 2009..

OH PLEASE NO.

Why would we draft Matt Ryan, to make Chad's arm look strong?

LOL Remember Marvin Powell. He wanted to be President. He read LOTS of books. But he could play. DB still has much to prove. I am for putting some talent around Clemens. I am not sure about him but I like those late game drives he ran earlier in the season. There may be something there. You just can't judge him with the sh-- WRs he has had and the sh-- running game. And the awful protection, of course. I have my doubts about the OC too.

We don't need fancy dans. Just get some maulers. The guys we have are wusses. Get some elephants. They don't have to be expensive FAs or high picks. Pass rushers, you need high picks or big bucks. I think they should draft or sign a top wideout, get a guard, a RT (FA or draft or both). A Terrell Suggs-type LB rusher. I do not think the D is that far away. Secondary is coming on. Harris is here. Maybe a really nasty D lineman. They have the money. They just have to stop all this Wunderliching.

The battle is won at the line of scrimmage.

Chad Pennington may have struggled this year, but most of it has to do with the terrible O-line, and the receivers dropping passes (not just J-Mac). At least he's no Kyle Boller or J.P. Losman. One of the reasons why they passed on Leinart (look where he is now, anyway) was because they already had a good QB. Build up the line; that way, Jones will be more effective, and so will Penny.

Archived