JETS SIGN 2 OL TO ACTIVE ROSTER AND SIGN CB AND LB TO PRACTICE SQUAD

jetsrule128

PROMOTED-OL CLINT OLDENBERG TO ACTIVE ROSTER

PROMOTED OL ROBERT TURNER TO ACTIVE ROSTER

SIGNED -LB JERRY MACKEY TO PRACTICE SQUAD

SIGNED CB MANNY COLLINS TO PRACTICE SQUAD

Absurd jet fan (me): Turner looked to me in the preseason to be a player. I thought he'd won the starting LG job. But I dont know a gosh darn thing about football (i thought i did but all of my predictions relative to the Jets have been wrong - except that I thought that E Coleman sucked and would be replaced this season, which turned out correct except that at the time I'd never heard of Elam).

The New York Jets have signed offensive linemen Clint Oldenburg and Robert Turner to the 53-man active roster and have re-signed CB Manny Collins and LB Jerry Mackey to the practice squad. The announcements were made by Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum.

Oldenburg (6'5", 300) was signed to the Jets practice squad Sept. 20. He was selected by New England in the fifth round (171st overall) of the 2007 NFL Draft, waived by the Patriots on Sept. 1, signed to the Patriots' practice squad on Sept. 3 and released on Sept. 19. The Gillette, Wyo., native appeared in 36 games at Colorado State, registering 34 starts on the offensive line.

Turner (6'4", 308), signed by the Jets as an undrafted rookie free agent May 16, was waived Sept. 1 and signed to the practice squad Sept. 3. He started at both right tackle and

right guard for the University of New Mexico, where he was credited with 23 "big-effort plays," 10 cut blocks and 16 pins by the Lobos

Archived