Duke Basketball thread

NYjet10

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
everyones jealous. ecspecially NC fans because duke owns that state.

Wow, that is an awesome statement there bro. Where do you live anyway? I am willing to bet it is not NC.

For your info, there is not one single UNC fan (especially myself) who is envious of Dook. Why in the hell would a true blue Carolina fan be jealous of a classless organization coached by a rat? Oh, and I bet you only root for their basketball, because their football is non-existent. Its always the convenient excuse of all dookies.

Gimme a break.

ABAF NC has yet to play anyone yet

we shall see

thats true, they havent been truly tested yet,,

they are Final Four material IMHO, but so is Duke also,,Duke changed offensive playbook for 1st time in over 10 years,,and its shown,,K woke up finally..

I think its basically back to normal in ACC with UNC 1, Duke 2 this year and the 3rd team a few miles back in rear view mirror,,

I think UNC/Duke both make Elite 8 with Final Four a distinct possibility..

Are you serious?? The Heels are going to wipe the floor with Duke.

carolina has the better team but duke at cameron is always tough. that's what makes the rivalry great-- any team can win every year. there have been years carolina has pulled out a win against a much better duke team. these teams know each other and they will be prepared. i don't care if duke is 0-15 and carolina is 15-0; when they face each other anything can happen. i never take a win over duke for granted.

I dont hear too much about duke basketball here,and im a big fan. They had a tough loss last night,but its alright because i think they have a team that will win the national championship.

A team that will win the National Championship? certainly not this year but some pieces are in place w/ some good recruiting classes where due can be a contender w/in the next 2 years. This duke team is a little overhyped thanks to how low expectations were after their bad '07 season. They are a good team, not a FF caliber team. They will be gone by the sweet 16 as usual.

everyones jealous. ecspecially NC fans because duke owns that state.

Duke had their fun durig the awkward transition from Dean to Roy, those days are over. Keep in mind as bad as the heels got under Doh they still have advanced beyond the Sweet 16 mroe timesthan duke in the last 13 years. The "great" duke program jhas just FOUR seasons of advancing beyond the Sweet 16 since 1995. That includes losing in the sweet 16 as a 1 seed 4 times.

i say they split,,

ACC tourney who knows,,Roy and K dont really emphasize that too much,,the true test will be when and if they face each other in NCAAs..

K sure does, that may not have been the case many years ago but K has certainly emphasized the ACC Tourney the last decade.

Carolina lost their sixth man last nite to torn ACL... backup point guard and great defender, Bobby Frasor,,big hit to Heels

That is a big loss, they can still win it all w/o him but the dpeth takes a hit. I still have little faith in Thomas, hopefully he can step up.

Duke had their fun durig the awkward transition from Dean to Roy, those days are over. Keep in mind as bad as the heels got under Doh they still have advanced beyond the Sweet 16 mroe timesthan duke in the last 13 years. The "great" duke program jhas just FOUR seasons of advancing beyond the Sweet 16 since 1995. That includes losing in the sweet 16 as a 1 seed 4 times.

being overrated will do that. duke's had some great teams but they're usually 3-7 spots higher in the rankings then they should be on talent alone. unc usually gets a similar (although smaller) boost also.

A team that will win the National Championship? certainly not this year but some pieces are in place w/ some good recruiting classes where due can be a contender w/in the next 2 years. This duke team is a little overhyped thanks to how low expectations were after their bad '07 season. They are a good team, not a FF caliber team. They will be gone by the sweet 16 as usual.

Haha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Their frosh will just get better skippy!!!!!!!!!!!

when do Holes play someone Good???????????

Haha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Their frosh will just get better skippy!!!!!!!!!!!

when do Holes play someone Good???????????

this is a very rare year where duke played a tougher non-conf sched but that was just luck. Who expected UK and OSU to suck and who expected Louisville to lose in the LVI?

How many seasons in a row has duke's freshmen been overhyped only to underdeliver? Let's see these guys do it in ACC play. I can't wait to see that front line of duke's against the Heels.

UNC may lose at Clemson this weekend though,,

Lost 6th man to ACL and now starting forward Stephenson out indefinitly as he is home in California with his Dad on death bed,,Gonna be a tough few weeks ...

Alex has returned and is expected to play Tomorrow. Clemson may win but it won't be b/c Frasor isn't playing.

UNC may lose at Clemson this weekend though,,

Lost 6th man to ACL and now starting forward Stephenson out indefinitly as he is home in California with his Dad on death bed,,Gonna be a tough few weeks ...

gawd the excuses keep comin!!!!!!!!!

please list all the excuses i have made

only one i can think of

Paulus is the most overrated recruit in duke history;)

What are your reasons for duke's failures in the Tourney over the last 14 years? 4 times advancing beyond the Sweet 16 since 1995, that's not good.

• 4 weeks later...
Hey NC fans Duke #3 in country NC #4

and on feb 6th a day before my bday DUKE will go in your house and win!

After next week the teams will be again ranked in the proper order. Once again I hope duke doesn't do their usual sore loser act after the Heels beat them, no giving the finger to the crowd, hitting Hansbrough in the face or throwing an elbow at Hansbrough's face.

Once again I hope duke doesn't do their usual sore loser act after the Heels beat them, no giving the finger to the crowd, hitting Hansbrough in the face or throwing an elbow at Hansbrough's face.

Win or lose, dook never does the classy thing....you know that.

After next week the teams will be again ranked in the proper order. Once again I hope duke doesn't do their usual sore loser act after the Heels beat them, no giving the finger to the crowd, hitting Hansbrough in the face or throwing an elbow at Hansbrough's face.

Pu$$ies

Archived