Billick and Fins GM Mueller fired

SoFlaJets

POSTED 1:23 p.m. EST, December 31, 2007

BUH-BYE, BRIAN

Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com reports that the Baltimore Ravens have fired coach Brian Billick.

The move comes despite insistence from Billick that he'd return for a tenth season, and despite a report in the Baltimore Sun citing an unnamed source close to owner Steve Bisciotti that Billick would be back.

We never believed any of it. It was obvious that it was time for a change in Baltimore, and a change has indeed been made.

As the rumor goes, Bisciotti considered firing Billick after the 2005 season, but the owner decided that he couldn't do better with a devil he didn't know. Based on 2007, Bisciotti might have concluded that he can't do much worse

WFAN is reporting Parcells canned Mueller-hey Cam-don't get too comfortable in that office

POSTED 1:23 p.m. EST, December 31, 2007

BUH-BYE, BRIAN

Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com reports that the Baltimore Ravens have fired coach Brian Billick.

The move comes despite insistence from Billick that he'd return for a tenth season, and despite a report in the Baltimore Sun citing an unnamed source close to owner Steve Bisciotti that Billick would be back.

We never believed any of it. It was obvious that it was time for a change in Baltimore, and a change has indeed been made.

As the rumor goes, Bisciotti considered firing Billick after the 2005 season, but the owner decided that he couldn't do better with a devil he didn't know. Based on 2007, Bisciotti might have concluded that he can't do much worse

WFAN is reporting Parcells canned Mueller-hey Cam-don't get too comfortable in that office

My friends in Baltimore will be happy about this. They have wanted Billick gone for a long time.

My friends in Baltimore will be happy about this. They have wanted Billick gone for a long time.

funny how he went from genius to the scrapheap after the great defense he had in 2000 broke up-Marvin Lewis too...my new quote;

"you're only as smart as your players are good"

My prediction that Billick was gone came true- the genius monicker wore out for him.

With the exception of Ogden, Todd Heap and Jamal Lewis (who is no longer on the team, insert McGahee) the Ravens spent very few first rounders or money on offense. While I do think Billick is overrated, I'm not sure what Raven fans expect out of that horrible offensive personel.

Parcells didn't take long enjoying his new position. Ya think the Tedd Ginn Jr pick had anything to do with it? or did it have everything to do with it?

How pissed would you be, if you were a coach taking over the phins, that your stud number 9 overall pick, from the year's previous draft, was a punt returner?

With the exception of Ogden, Todd Heap and Jamal Lewis (who is no longer on the team, insert McGahee) the Ravens spent very few first rounders or money on offense. While I do think Billick is overrated, I'm not sure what Raven fans expect out of that horrible offensive personel.

boller was a first rounder, mark clayton was a high second. It's not that they didn't try, its that the picks have sucked.

They blamed Billick for the horrible decisions. After they won the SB in 2000 they got rid of Dilfer and then had a carousel of QB's (Grbac, Boller, McNair, etc).

When your best receiving option on offense is a TE you are in trouble,

They blamed Billick for the horrible decisions. After they won the SB in 2000 they got rid of Dilfer and then had a carousel of QB's (Grbac, Boller, McNair, etc).

When your best receiving option on offense is a TE you are in trouble,

True as head coach he is responsible for the entire team. Boller was not the answer that goes on his shoulder.

True as head coach he is responsible for the entire team. Boller was not the answer that goes on his shoulder.

Either was McNair. I don't care how well the Ravens did last year, McNair and the Ravens offense laid an egg in the playoffs.

Looks like it's official:

Less than a year after signing him to a contract extension through 2010, the Baltimore Ravens on Monday fired coach Brian Billick.

The dismissal of Billick was confirmed to ESPN's Chris Mortensen by owner Steve Bisciotti and to ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli by an assistant coach and a front office official.

Billick, 53, compiled an 85-67 record in nine seasons. The Ravens, who won the AFC North championship in 2006, struggled to a 5-11 mark this season, a year that included a nine-game losing streak.

In his second season with the franchise, Billick led the Ravens to the Super Bowl XXXV title in 2000, but never got the club back to the title game.

Only a few weeks ago, Billick proclaimed that he would return in 2008, but Bisciotti, who does not speak during the season, made no statement to that effect.

At his day-after-game news conference on Dec. 11, with his team wounded by seven consecutive losses, Billick declared that he would be back next season. But a team spokesman, when later contacted by The Baltimore Sun, would not confirm that Bisciotti had told Billick his job was safe.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3175037

boller was a first rounder, mark clayton was a high second. It's not that they didn't try, its that the picks have sucked.

Clayton was a first and they also took Travis Taylor 10th overall after Jamal Lewis. plus they spent quite a few first day picks on offensive linemen including Grubbs last year. They have put money and picks towards the offense. They just never panned out like Reed, Lewis and others.

Clayton was a first and they also took Travis Taylor 10th overall after Jamal Lewis. plus they spent quite a few first day picks on offensive linemen including Grubbs last year. They have put money and picks towards the offense. They just never panned out like Reed, Lewis and others.

They also signed Derrick Mason who turned down a better offer by the Pats because his wife wasn't comfortable living in the Northeast.

They never had a good QB so signing "big name" WR's was silly.

They also signed Derrick Mason who turned down a better offer by the Pats because his wife wasn't comfortable living in the Northeast.

They never had a good QB so signing "big name" WR's was silly.

His wife was concerned that they wouldn't have room for all the Super Bowl trophies if he went to New England. Plus real estate in the NorthEast is expensive. It wasn't a good fit.

Parcells didn't take long enjoying his new position. Ya think the Tedd Ginn Jr pick had anything to do with it? or did it have everything to do with it?

How pissed would you be, if you were a coach taking over the phins, that your stud number 9 overall pick, from the year's previous draft, was a punt returner?

You know what would piss me off-who the frick is Ted Ginn Sr.? Did he split the atom or walk on thw moon or something that we've all missed? If his dad isn't the Duke of Earl or Earl of Lobe it's really obnoxious to walk around like Ted Ginn Sr. is so well known. Marion Barber and Kellen Winslow, I get-their dads each had good NFL(one HoF) careers.

which once again proves my never draft a WR high in the first round theory correct-I don't think any other position has had as many busts as have the WR position in the past decade-that's why i say we need a receiver and the best way to get one is to trade for one-Vilma for Chad Johnson

which once again proves my never draft a WR high in the first round theory correct-I don't think any other position has had as many busts as have the WR position in the past decade-that's why i say we need a receiver and the best way to get one is to trade for one-Vilma for Chad Johnson

Spot on Jim. Drafting WR's high is risky at best.

Spot on Jim. Drafting WR's high is risky at best.

Be weary of selecting a wide receiver in the first round. Take a look at the last 10 drafts and all the WR that were taken in round one. Not many success stories here.

Be careful. . . be very careful. You can't argue with the facts.

THE LAST 10 NFT DRAFTS

1 Santonio Holmes Steelers Ohio State (I think he'll be fine)

1 Braylon Edwards Browns Michigan (rocky start)

1 Troy Williamson Vikings South Carolina (terrible so far)

1 Mike Williams Lions USC (safe to say he won't be a Lion much longer)

1 Matt Jones Jaguars Arkansas (hasn't been as productive as Jax hoped)

1 Mark Clayton Ravens Oklahoma (coming on strong)

1 Roddy White Falcons Alabama-Birmingham (needs to pick it up)

1 Larry Fitzgerald Cardinals Pittsburgh ($)

1 Roy Williams Lions Texas ($)

1 Reggie Williams Jaguars Washington (=) (needs to pick up the production)

1 Lee Evans Bills Wisconsin ($)

1 Michael Clayton Buccaneers Louisiana State (=) (good start but that's it)

1 Michael Jenkins Falcons Ohio State (=) (headed towards bust if he doesn't pick it up)

1 Rashaun Woods 49ers Oklahoma State (-)

1 Charles Rogers Lions Michigan State (-)

1 Andre Johnson Texans Miami (FL) (+)

1 Bryant Johnson Cardinals Penn State (=) (tough call since he's behind Fitzgerald and Boldin)

1 Donte Stallworth Saints Tennessee (=)

1 Ashley Lelie Broncos Hawaii (=)

1 Javon Walker Packers Florida State ($)

1 David Terrell Bears Michigan (-)

1 Koren Robinson Seahawks North Carolina State (-) (bust due to how highly he was taken)

1 Rod Gardner Redskins Clemson (-)

1 Santana Moss Jets Miami (FL) (+)

1 Freddie Mitchell Eagles UCLA (-)

1 Reggie Wayne Colts Miami (FL) ($)

1 Peter Warrick Bengals Florida State (-)

1 Plaxico Burress Steelers Michigan State ($)

1 Travis Taylor Ravens Florida (=) (some productivity but not worth a 1st rounder)

1 Sylvester Morris Chiefs Jackson State (-)

1 R. Jay Soward Jaguars USC (-)

1 Torry Holt Rams North Carolina State ($)

1 David Boston Cardinals Ohio State (=) (2 good years but too many probs now)

1 Troy Edwards Steelers Louisiana Tech (-)

1 Kevin Dyson Titans Utah (=)

1 Randy Moss Vikings Marshall ($)

1 Marcus Nash Broncos Tennessee (-)

1 Ike Hilliard Giants Florida (=)

1 Yatil Green Dolphins Miami (FL) (-)

1 Reidel Anthony Buccaneers Florida (-)

1 Rae Carruth Panthers Colorado (-)

Final WR Count

Very good: 8 (23%)

Solid: 2 (5%)

Disappointment: 10 (29%)

Bust: 14 (41%)