If Parcells was still the HC of the Cowboys, does Romo still make this trip?

NIGHT STALKER

Hall of Fame quarterback Terry Bradshaw, who knows a thing or two about playoff football, has questioned the decision of Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo to take a trip to Mexico with Jessica Simpson on the weekend before a divisional playoff game.

"For an athlete, there's no time off . . . until it's over," Bradshaw told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. "You don't take a mental break.

"If only Tony had called me and said, 'Terry, Jessica and I are going to go to Mexico,' I would've told him: 'You crazy? Don't do that! The paparazzi is going to find you, man. You're a star. She's a star. It's just going to happen.'

"Everybody in Dallas knows you played horribly when Jessica showed up [against Philadelphia]. OK, now what if you play poorly [against the Giants]? You haven't exactly lit up the place lately. I don't understand. Why set yourself up?"

Probably not, but if Parcells is still coach do the Cowboys post a 13-3 record? Who knows. I'm not saying Wade Phillips is a better coach, because he isn't, but lets face it, he does emphasize that Romo gets the ball to T.O. more and Parcells was not a T.O. type of guy.

Bottom line, who cares. Jessica Simpson was in attendance for two other games before the Eagles game and guess what Romo did? He won. Just because she was wearing his jersey in a press box this time so that she's more seen, means that that was the reason he played poorly?

Okay so some people honestly believe this crap? I mean, comeon. The most pathetic thing I've seen was the Carolina fans holding stick figure faces of Jessica at the Dallas-Carolina game. Sad, sad, sad. Let him live his life while he's young. It was a Bye Week ya know.

i still dont undertstand why people are making this a huge deal. So, what every other cowboys player whos married,girlfriend etc. didnt do something with their wives/girlfriends? The only reason this is being made a big deal is because the media wants to completely blame it on Jessica Simpson for offgames by Romo. If youre gonna tell me that Tony Romo is not mentally tough enough to play good when a girl is around, you shouldnt be in the nfl, im sorry, but this shouldnt be a big deal

i still dont undertstand why people are making this a huge deal. So, what every other cowboys player whos married,girlfriend etc. didnt do something with their wives/girlfriends? The only reason this is being made a big deal is because the media wants to completely blame it on Jessica Simpson for offgames by Romo. If youre gonna tell me that Tony Romo is not mentally tough enough to play good when a girl is around, you shouldnt be in the nfl, im sorry, but this shouldnt be a big deal

It's the writers stretching to actually have something to write about. In my experience, guys usually play better when their lady is watching. Seeing as Romo is from Burlington Wisconsin, i'm sure there were plenty of 300 pound women waiving their panties at big bad Anthony.

:biggrin:

It's the writers stretching to actually have something to write about. In my experience, guys usually play better when their lady is watching. Seeing as Romo is from Burlington Wisconsin, i'm sure there were plenty of 300 pound women waiving their panties at big bad Anthony.

:biggrin:

I just hate to think of where that cheese they wear on their heads comes from -- ewww

The Media is making a big deal of it because it sells, preiod. Look, we keep talking about it. It's like a stupid commercial. "Hey did you see that stupid pepsi commersial!" it may be stupid but sales go up!

Archived