Cubbies - Ouch!!!

vanDoug

Woah!!!!

That's 7 straight losses.

And D Lee isn't playing.

So this is the point where I post that the season is lost and the Cubs start playing for next year, then they go on a huge win streak and top of the NL wild card standings.

That's the way it works, right?

d

Being a Met fan no one can question the Braves and how they do it every year putting a good team out there- they beat the Cubs first game today- Prior got beat and they have Smoltz in the nitecap who has been as good as any one in both leagues

The time has come for Dusty to go. It can no longer wait until the end of the season. This team needs a spark immediately and I can't think of a better one than firing our extremely over-rated excuse for a "leader".

The time has come for Dusty to go. It can no longer wait until the end of the season. This team needs a spark immediately and I can't think of a better one than firing our extremely over-rated excuse for a "leader".

I'm agreeing, Troll.

Who's out there to take over?

d

Grady Little???

I not hating that idea.

d

I know Little has a job within the Cubs organization. IMO, he'd be the most logical choice to finish out the season. Larry Rothschild should join Dusty in the unemployment line because they are both equally terrible.

2 things have needed to happen for the Cubs to turn it around - and one of them just did. My little friend Corey P just got a new zip code and the chance to do it his way in Iowa. I pray if he ever returns to Wrigley, it's in the visitors locker room. Now we just need to get rid of Baker. I dont know who we get to replace him, but an All Star break purge of this numbskull would be beautiful. C'mon Hendry, you can do it.

Well, it's now 8 losses in a row.

Not to worry.

Tonight we face (ex-cub) Dontrelle Willis with 13 wins so far.

No problem, right?

Pass the Pepto.

d

Carlos Zambrano really needs to step it up tonight and be the stopper. He's always been good enough to be the ace of this team, he just hasn't proven it on a consistent basis. With Prior clearly not on his game and Wood yet to return, not to mention Lee on the DL they need him to be PERFECT tonight.

I really don't know, man. If we do fire Dusty, I'd imagine the job will go to either Rothschild, Kline, or Grady Little. Maybe even Tony Pena.

Personally, I think Tony Pena would be a great choice for the job. Great motivator, players love him. Exactly what your looking for. Good coach stuck in a s***ty situation in KC. He would do well in Chi-town.

Thank God we decided to actually take some initiative. Good to see Patterson and Dubois back where they belong.

I'm actually somewhat shocked that Patterson cleared waivers. Perhaps his trade value is less than we anticipated. Regardless, he needs to be moved in the next year or so because Felix Pie will be coming up to play center.

Archived