Shopping for a laptop

Bob

I'm looking to buy a laptop, and I want to get the best deal possible.

Can anyone suggest websites that you like to use for computer shopping? I've already found a pretty good one for $600, but the battery life sucks, so I'm still shopping.

I don't care about gaming or video editing for this particular machine. I'd be installing microsoft office and web building software. I want built-in wi-fi.

Please do not bother suggesting Mac products.

Thanks!

http://geeks.com/

Bob I have used these guys for a lot of stuff and have never had a problem. BUT their cheap prices are because a lot of there items are Refurbished or Factory Reconditioned. They do sell some new stuff as well though.

If I had to guess I would say this is probably not the route you want to go with your laptop. But if nothing else it gives you a price comparison.

If you put the specs\price of what you are looking at up I can see if I can beat it anywhere else!

max let me know when u find a thread Greengal has not responded tooo!!! :mrgreen::lol::D#-o

there are two in the hockey forum... five in the basketball forum... one in the baseball forum/// and can you remind me what that sport is with the ball with the pointy edges is ...????? by the by bren... i ahve a great picture of you and your son but believe it or not my puter really did crap out so it might take me a bit to get it to you, but i will :mrgreen:

max let me know when u find a thread Greengal has not responded tooo!!! :mrgreen::lol::D#-o

there are two in the hockey forum... five in the basketball forum... one in the baseball forum/// and can you remind me what that sport is with the ball with the pointy edges is ...????? by the by bren... i ahve a great picture of you and your son but believe it or not my puter really did crap out so it might take me a bit to get it to you, but i will :mrgreen:

Bob, probably more than you want to spend, but I just got a new Dell with the M series processor made for mobile computing and it really rocks. I didn't price out the lower end units because I need the horses to run a lot of CAE stuff so I dont know how cheap you can get into one. Outperforms my old P4 at a 1/3 less Ghz and the battery life is the best I've seen by a lot.

Bob, probably more than you want to spend, but I just got a new Dell with the M series processor made for mobile computing and it really rocks. I didn't price out the lower end units because I need the horses to run a lot of CAE stuff so I dont know how cheap you can get into one. Outperforms my old P4 at a 1/3 less Ghz and the battery life is the best I've seen by a lot.

Can anyone suggest websites that you like to use for computer shopping? I've already found a pretty good one for $600, but the battery life sucks, so I'm still shopping.

bob do u remember about a year ago, you were interested in a new pc and i told you to go laptop, because they rock and rule in every situation and you said you werent interested? what happened.

alls i can say is get one thats wireless because its the best.

I don't care about gaming or video editing for this particular machine. I'd be installing microsoft office and web building software. I want built-in wi-fi.

Thanks!

600 will get you a decent laptop for sitting on the deck and talking to me through the pc. ive seen laptops new for as little as 399 when they have super sales at best buy

Thanks!

Oh please, that machine was going down more than Maxman at a gay biker bar.

bergen i have a new pc philosophy. NO firewall, NO virus crap etc etc. save my stuff that is important onan external drive, along with all the stuff i need to reload xp easily when they get me again. reload xp very 2 months to clean up.

im loving it. also, i use firefox instead of IE. seems to eliminate pop ups

Archived