Will another Hershel Walker type trade ever take place?

Blackout

Yaa, ditka traded all of the Saints' 1999 draft picks to get Williams, as well as a 1st and 3rd pick the following year. That was the first time one player was the only draft pick of an NFL team.

I didn't remember (or chose to forget) that it also included the 1st and 3rd of the next year. What a total douche bag trade. Coach Ditka------> :fighting0050:<-----Saints fans

A team like the Chargers were/are in a perfect position to unload talent for picks. They have a two good to great corners, a great D and O line, among a few other solid positions.

Can you imagine if they got 2 firsts and 2 seconds, and all they had to do was give up LT?

I can't wait for the next Walker trade, its just hilarious that GM's still think one player can make your team (other than a QB).

I can't wait for the next Walker trade, its just hilarious that GM's still think one player can make your team (other than a QB).

when it happened, the Eli trade looked crazy

giants get MAnning, Chargers get Rivers and Merriman

but now, as Merriman and Rivers talk trash and get repeatedly bumped out of the playoffs, that wasn't such a bad deal after all.

If the Chargers are in the NFC, this year they'd be making their 2nd consecutive SB appearance IMO. The Chargers got the better of that deal.

if's and butts and candy and nuts...how does that go?

Giants are in a superbowl, Chargers choke in the playoffs. thats the ultimate truth.

chargers will NEVER win a superbowl with Rivers I promise you.

If their CB (either Florence or Jammer) either:

-Pads the ball down instead of making an interception

-After making the interception, getting on the ground and hold onto the ball

They win, simple as that.

They should have won that game.

IJ you doing the shoulda, coulda woulda game! Not that I totally agree with Blackout.[-X

Archived