Yankees Sign Morgan Ensberg

CanadianJet

These are the kind of moves that I love to see any team make. It's a zero/minimal risk and potentially VERY high reward. The exact reason I gave Minaya huge props for going out and getting Odalis Perez when he did. When you can get a young (ish) player who has had a lot of success in the bigs and then an unexplained drop in production...offer them a deal with a change of scenery and just see what happens. Worst case scnenario is that he gets sent home after ST. Best case scenario is that he comes close to what he used to be and the Yanks have a very good hitting 1B. Nice move.

These are the kind of moves that I love to see any team make. It's a zero/minimal risk and potentially VERY high reward. The exact reason I gave Minaya huge props for going out and getting Odalis Perez when he did. When you can get a young (ish) player who has had a lot of success in the bigs and then an unexplained drop in production...offer them a deal with a change of scenery and just see what happens. Worst case scnenario is that he gets sent home after ST. Best case scenario is that he comes close to what he used to be and the Yanks have a very good hitting 1B. Nice move.

Agreed. Career .842 OPS and he's only a year removed from a very good season and two years removed from a great season. Low risk, very high potential reward. The question will be if he can make the conversion to a first baseman.

It's ok...the best 1B in the league can go on the market but if he's not over 33 the Yankees will never look in his direction.

Yeah because when you already have $21 million tied up at the position and no viable options in the free agent market, the smart thing to do of course is to overpay for a crappy first baseman.

Up until his shoulder injury Morgan was a nice hitter with power. If he has no permanent damage this is a very nice signing IMO.

I still am not sure what the thinking of both the Sox and Yanks was on letting Carlos Pena leave as he was at least at the time as good as the signings we've seen today.

Morgan is a nice roll the dice move though......plus Hank can now trade ARod when the kiddie SP corps sh#t the bed and Johan is 15-2 at the All-Star break.

Morgan is a nice roll the dice move though......plus Hank can now trade ARod when the kiddie SP corps sh#t the bed and Johan is 15-2 at the All-Star break.

If Johan is 15-2 or better at the All Star Break I will personally hand you $100. If he isn't, you hand me $100. Deal? :Typotux:

World Series here we come.

The Mets get Johan Santana and the Yankees sign Morgan Ensburg. Anyone else realizing the change around here?

The Mets could be better for next year, but I love our future...Just look at the players we could have for another 5 years or more:

C: Jesus Montero

1B: Shelley Duncan/Betemit

2B: Cano

SS: Jeter

3B: A-Rod

OF: Melky Cabrera/Austin Jackson/Jose Tabata/Brett Gardner

SP: Chien Ming-Wang, Ian Kennedy, Joba Chamberlain, Phil Hughes

Possible Starters: Ohlendorf, Karstens, Igawa, Pavano, Horne, Marquez, Brackman, Chase Wright, Humberto Sanchez

RP: Edwar Ramirez, Bruney, Britton, Jose Veras, Albaladejo, Steven White

-----------

At this point, let the Red Sox and Mets spend the money; I would be quite content with sticking to our roster and signing less expensive players to fill any needs that may come up.

Agreed. Career .842 OPS and he's only a year removed from a very good season and two years removed from a great season. Low risk, very high potential reward. The question will be if he can make the conversion to a first baseman.

I'm with you and AirForceJF. Solid move. Almost no risk involved, yet the potential for a sleeper here is high, if he is really healthy.

I believe that he will be able to make to conversion to 1B. He has extensive experience at 3B, and even though the footwork is vastly different, and you are on the other side of the field, he has a solid head-start from Ofers who convert.

Archived