UFC 81

Jetsfan1015

I'm curious to see Lesnar in UFC.

Yea it should be interesting. Nice to see that the UFC put him in a match against an accomplished fighter like Mir. The only this about Mir though is if his confidence is back to where it was when he was the champ. IMO, that is definetly the drawing fight for this card.

Lag Prediction:

Mir wins in a decision over Lesnar

Minotauro makes that bitch Sylvia tap the F out. Hopefully some how forcing him into retirement. Tim Sylvia = the decision king, and he wonders why people hate him. Well Tim maybe you should stop being a bitch and actually win a fight decisively.

Lag Prediction:

Minotauro makes that bitch Sylvia tap the F out. Hopefully some how forcing him into retirement. Tim Sylvia = the decision king, and he wonders why people hate him. Well Tim maybe you should stop being a bitch and actually win a fight decisively.

Not too far off. The only reason I saw Mir winning by decision is b/c I figured he'd get him on the ground most of the fight. There was no way Lesnar was coming in and defending against jiu-jitsu.

good ****, did lesner at least do a competent job? or he just sucked?

Lesnar came out like an absolute animal and just brought heat. The fight somehow got to the mat and Lesnar proceeded to ground and pound the living daylights out of Mir. At first Mir tried to arm bar him but Lesnar pulled out. Eventually Lesnar tried to stand back up and Mir caught his leg and finished. Fight only lasted 90 seconds.

Lesnar looked like he was in crazy shape. UFC was dumb in matching him up versus a guy so well rounded in jiu-jitsu. They should of gave him a striker if they were looking for him to get a win.

BTW afterwards Lesnar said that UFC was now his career and this wasn't just a one and done thing, so apparently he will get more fights.

Lag Prediction:

Pretty good prediction. I didnt see the Mir Lesnar fight going the distance. I though either Mir would sumit him or Lesnar would pound Mir. I was suprised that it only lasted 90 sec. Mir was definetly looking to arm bar Lesnar but it was going to be tough with the size of those arms but luckily for him lesnar left his leg wide open because he was getting pounded. The one thing i didnt understand was the quick one point deduction put against Lesnar for strikes to the back of the head. Mir clearly turned away form him. No Warning? I think give lesnar some time and he definetly could be donmiate.

Nogueira vs Sylvia was an entertaining fight. Like you said, Sylvia tapped out and he tapped out QUICK. Like Lesnar, Sylvia was pounding Nogueria until it got to the ground, then it was over pretty quick. Man it would be GREAT to see Nogueira against Couture.

Keep us posted on who wins.

Can't wait for Tank vs Kimbo on the 16th.

Kimbo against Abott should be a street fight. Not much techinical skill involved. Like Jetlag said Abott is the type of fighter that would have worked good for Lesnar if the UFC wanted to get him a win. But i am glad them put Lenar against a solid oppenent because if Lesnar beat a nobody they prolly would have propelled him to a title shot and a guy like Nogueira or Coture ( god i hope he fights again) would destroy Lenar. But the Abott, Kimbo fight should atleast be entertaining.

Impressive performance by lesnar, lack of experience caught him in that match.

Question, why did the ref break them up when lesnar had him on the mat?

Lesnar hit Mir in the back of the head when Mir turned..it was BS.

He deducted Lesnar a point too.

Lesnar hit Mir in the back of the head when Mir turned..it was BS.

He deducted Lesnar a point too.

WOW. UFC has really softened up huh? I remember watching the first ever UFC back in 95. Didnt have any clue what it waas about, just thought Id take a look. It was bloodbath back then. Guys got pounded until they tapped out. Really brutal.

Kimbo against Abott should be a street fight. Not much techinical skill involved. Like Jetlag said Abott is the type of fighter that would have worked good for Lesnar if the UFC wanted to get him a win. But i am glad them put Lenar against a solid oppenent because if Lesnar beat a nobody they prolly would have propelled him to a title shot and a guy like Nogueira or Coture ( god i hope he fights again) would destroy Lenar. But the Abott, Kimbo fight should atleast be entertaining.

I agree with that, I don't see this fight ending by an arm bar. :)

Tank and Randy have been 2 of my favs for a long time, I hope Tank Abbott destroys Kimbo.

Tank is looking well conditioned for this fight, very rare for him.

Nfysg6QSlo0

Theres no way Tank will beat Kimbo . . . I've seen Kimbo fight in person and honestly it hurt me when he dropped that other guy . . . I feel bad for Tank . . .

Kimbo has no fight worth mentioning under his belt. Watching Kimbo KO some backyard bum that got paid $100 to stand there doesn't convince me that Kimbo is ready to go against a pro.

The only way I see Kimbo winning this fight is if Tank comes in out of shape and runs out of gas early.

Tank Abbott is far from his prime, but I still think he can get this W with ease if he wants it.

Theres no way Tank will beat Kimbo . . . I've seen Kimbo fight in person and honestly it hurt me when he dropped that other guy . . . I feel bad for Tank . . .

Tank has stood in the ring VS real MMA fighters, not backyard bullies. If Tank is in as good a shape as he says, he will pound Kimbo's face in. Tank has some hands of stone.

Archived