Season Ticket talk.

JETSFAN5180

Why would you WANT to be that kind of fan?

The joy and love you get from the games would decrease and when the Jets are successful your "ownership" in that would be lessoned.

Be the fan you are.

Embrace the ups and downs.

Take it season by season.

Take it game by game.

Enjoy the process not just the goal.

It is, after all, just entertainment, not a life long mission.

BZ

i just screwing with ya.... i could never be a fair weather fan... I need to live the lows in order to enjoy the highs... and when I eventually sit at home to watch all these games I wont turn it off when we suck...

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also, why is it that fans are always digging through the muck to come up with what will be the worst case scenario? Why not look at some of what might actually be BETTER about the new stadium, prices and all?

- New design with bigger screens and better AV

- Better traffic patterns

- Easier commute to NYC without a car

- Not playing in "Giants" stadium

- A better place for the family with activies

- A hall of fame

- More restuarants and bars

- Better parking

- Better concessions

This is our chance to move in to a great new stadium, sling off the shackles of playing in someone elese house and have some real ownership.

Now it is time to petition the NFL and get the Super Bowl held in an outdoor stadium in the North East.

BZ

those are great, but not at the cost that it will bring. I honestly have no problem with where we play now. Sure, there are a few things that could be better, but its fine.

I go to watch football. I dont care about anything else that is going on. I dont care about shops, HOF's, restaurants, bars. But that's me. Plus I really doubt the drive back to/through NYC is really going to improve unless they completely re-design the NJ tpke, and they dont need a new stadium for that.

But, you are right, there will be lots of new and cool things that will enhance fans experience at the games. Just not my experience.

I will keep my season tickets for as long as I can afford them.Property taxes are going up yearly,gas prices a gallon of milk $5.00.Its all about affordability.

If and when they become too expensive the option will be to sell games to opposing fans for big bucks or give them up completely. It will be a sad day.

Does anyone have a clue as to the transfer policy to another party?

I have 3 sets of tickets, not together, if I requested a transfer from the jets how many transfers would they allow me.:confused:

Not exactly the greatest timing to try to transfer season tickets after the season we just had and impending PSL's.

I posted information a long time ago about this that i got from a superbowl champ team alumni player that actually offered me his tickets because the PSL's were going to be to expensive for him.... The scale is as follows:

Between the 30-30 20,000 per seat for field level and mez. 10,000 uppers

30-end zone 10,000 per seat for field level and mez 5,000 uppers

The information is going to be released half way thru next season, and yes the team will finance the price for 3 years.....

It looks like next season will be that last I can make every game..... This is just pitifull.

I posted information a long time ago about this that i got from a superbowl champ team alumni player that actually offered me his tickets because the PSL's were going to be to expensive for him.... The scale is as follows:

The information is going to be released half way thru next season, and yes the team will finance the price for 3 years.....

It looks like next season will be that last I can make every game..... This is just pitifull.

Those are ludicrous prices for a Stadium being shared by two teams, if that's true. Woody Johnson is a class A douchebag.

Hey Murph, where are your seats located?

well it was fun while it lasted. Hope the suits have fun trying to sell my seats in december...

Sec 134.... My god father has seats 4th row right behind the jets bench..... He is only keeping 4 for business... This whole thing sucks ass......

10,000 per seat, that ****ing sucks.

That's twice what the Bears are paying for 30yl to endzone, if I remember right. and they don't share their stadium with anybody.

Boy, wait until joisey sees this. his head will explode.

He has seen it and commented about it before... i heard about this in November.... It truely sucks. I have been going to game since I was a little kid in shea.... Now I am 42 own my own home have kids( my son is 18) and we love to go to the games.... it might all be gone... I bought a 60 inch Sony the day after i heard about this.. I am prepared... The sad part is all the complaining we do is not going to do anything there is 17.000 people on the waiting list so if we give then up other people will take then, also the corporations will eat everything up....

As a longtime Jets fan this is gonna totally SUCK.I have been preparing myself for the day 52" LCD tv,party area,wood fire.It wont be the same as actually being there,buts its gonna have to do.$5000 per seat for 4 seats will cost me $20k plus the season ticket cost.No way am I putting that much money into an organization thats been putting misery and grief on my table for my entire life.

I will attend a couple games either scalping or purchasing the tickets online.

Woody Johnson has ruined this organization.The real fans will be replaced with corporate suits and people who wont even care about the outcome of the game.WE all have supported this organization through thick and thin.Purchasing merchandise,memorablia,attending charity events,training camp and games.

The Giants ownership has been very outspoken about not wanting PSLs. I can see the Jets being the bad guy and jamming it down our throats while the Giants choose not to.

You said something that is so true.. We spend our $$$$ and support the team... We invest allot of personal time, feelings with the team. But we all forget that , that is our investment...The owners of the team are in this for the business, most of them anyway. I think except for bob kraft who is obviously a fan first, most owners are just business man looking for bragging rights as long as they make a profit. Woody was a Jets fan before he bought the team, but he is treating this Jets LLC just like a regular business man would. I would feel much better about the screwing if we had a championship parade before we get it....I will never change teams that I root for I bleed green 365 days a year. I have a Jets room with Many expensive autographed items and one of a kind jets stuff. This makes me happy. The way Woody runs the team does not make me happy.

I will never change teams either.I am a Jets fan until the end.I will just change the way I go about spending my Sunday afternoons.Instead of being at the stadium supporting my team.I will be in the comfort of my own home or I may find a local sports bar in my area to enjoy the games.

I will miss the time I spend tailgating with friends and family.I will miss being able to say proudly "im a season ticket holder for the Jets win or lose". Its gonna be another sad day in Jets history for me. Im kind of getting used to the Jets and sad being in the same sentence.

Also, why is it that fans are always digging through the muck to come up with what will be the worst case scenario? Why not look at some of what might actually be BETTER about the new stadium, prices and all?

- New design with bigger screens and better AV

- Better traffic patterns

- Easier commute to NYC without a car

- Not playing in "Giants" stadium

- A better place for the family with activies

- A hall of fame

- More restuarants and bars

- Better parking

- Better concessions

This is our chance to move in to a great new stadium, sling off the shackles of playing in someone elese house and have some real ownership.

Now it is time to petition the NFL and get the Super Bowl held in an outdoor stadium in the North East.

BZ

That stuff sounds great. They can raise my seat to $120 and I will pay $30 for parking. Let me know where I sign for that? I want to lock in as soon as possible.

The Jets are scaring the SBIII Championship players off? That's just great!

Honestly, I think those rumored prices are a little high.

Also, why would someone offer his tickets away YEARS away from a RUMORED price? That seems a little short sighted.

BZ

Honestly, I think those rumored prices are a little high.

Also, why would someone offer his tickets away YEARS away from a RUMORED price? That seems a little short sighted.

BZ

It is NY BZ. A totally different beast from Baltimore, Carolina, St.Louis even Chicago in the way of pricing.

I actually think Murph's numbers are pretty dead on for what they are building.

It sucks to no end but if those are going to be the prices then I am glad I got out when I did.

There are going to be people that are going to have a very hard time justifying paying that kind of coin for a team that, yes we love but haven't done squat in 40 years.

JMHO.

We all wanted a new stadium, now we bitch about the PSL's that come with it? Woody wanted to build the stadium in Manhattan. Hell, he had the assurances of Bloomberg and Pataki that it could and would get done. He shelled out millions to promote the deal, only to be left standing at the alter the moment NYC was out of the bidding for the olympics. Sop next it would seem all the fans wanted Queens. Prominent NYC politicians seemed to be on his side again, but we all know how that goes. Fool me once....

We have a beautiful new stadium that will give no suggestion that the Giants play there when we do. Conversely, the Giants will have no suggestion that the Jets play there for their own home games. Both the Jets and Giants will have their own permanent state of the art home lockers. It would seem most Jets fans want to be whisked away by an owner who gives them all the riches an NFL team can offer with absolutely no cost to them.

To sum up Boozer... you have to pay to play.

I wanted a new stadium to showcase my favorite team, the New York Jets. We are getting that.

Yeah, it is going to cost money, but you HAVE to factor in that it is not BLOWN money, it is INVESTMENT money. If you believe the Jets and PSLs to Jets games will go up in years to come. Save up, finance and buy.

If you don't... watch from home.

BZ

If it were like property ,they would have to pay me to sit in my seat for every other event & why is it that football will only be using the stadium 20 weekends a year but every other event that goes on there won`t be paying a PSL ,.this is like a time share scam if nothing else but with a time share you get to pick your weeks

I expected #'s like this for the WSS. if these are accurate PSL's for the shared stadium you would have to be a fool to pay them.

I suspect when all is said and done they will be about half that.

Still expensive

If it were like property ,they would have to pay me to sit in my seat for every other event & why is it that football will only be using the stadium 20 weekends a year but every other event that goes on there won`t be paying a PSL ,.this is like a time share scam if nothing else but with a time share you get to pick your weeks

You can pick your weeks, just buy the season and sell the rest.

BZ

You're just a trouble maker who's going to get the cheapest psl's with your seats anyway. \:D/

Yeah, if it plays out like rumored above I will be in for $15,000 for PSLs... whoo hooo!

I sure am glad that winning three years of Jet Nations Homer of the Year pays out a $15,000 prize!

BZ

Yeah, if it plays out like rumored above I will be in for $15,000 for PSLs... whoo hooo!

I sure am glad that winning three years of Jet Nations Homer of the Year pays out a $15,000 prize!

BZ

You have 3 seats for $15,000 in PSL's, not bad. I think Max will have 2 seats for $20,000 in PSL's. I hope that simplified the math for you. you have crappy seats, so it's the cheapest PSL's going.

Well according to the OTHER rumor, all seats will be $5,000, so I can trade in my crappy seats and get 50 yards line seats!! WHOO HOOO!!

Thank GOD all message board rumors ALWAYS come true!

BZ

I don't believe that at all. If the Jets are going to implement PSL's why would they charge the same price for every seat in the Stadium?

Sitting 10 rows behind the bench on the 50 yard line is worth a hell of a lot more than sitting in the nosebleeds.

I think you are trying to be sarcastic, but I'm not sure.

Archived