The Yankees need another Starting Pitcher

Barton

Joba is going to start the season in the bullpen, and isnt going to move back into the rotation until June. http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3242295

That leaves us with our starting 5 as: Wang, Pettitte, Kennedy, Hughes and Moose.

Wang-Pettitte-Kennedy should be good. But Hughes is on an innings limit and Mike Mussina is complete garbage.

If the Yankees knew they were gonna start Joba in the pen months ago they should have gotten another starting pitcher. Its not too late though, we should go after one right now because I guarantee you that we will need another starting pitcher.

Isn't Kennedy on a innings limit as well?

No, he's allowed to throw about close to 200 innings this year as he threw something like 160+ last year.

I'd like to see us go after Joe Blanton and slide him in there for Mussina. Aside from Wang and Pettitte, we dont have a single proven guy in our rotation. Moose is proven, that he's a pu##y.

No, he's allowed to throw about close to 200 innings this year as he threw something like 160+ last year.

I'd like to see us go after Joe Blanton and slide him in there for Mussina. Aside from Wang and Pettitte, we dont have a single proven guy in our rotation. Moose is proven, that he's a pu##y.

Innings pitched is not the barometer of wear and tear on a young arm.

You have to monitor pitch counts and how many pitches were thrown in "pressure" situations.

A guy like Johan Santana can throw 200+ innings, and I believe I read he has only thrown over 120 pitches in a game a handful of times.

Innings pitched is not the barometer of wear and tear on a young arm.

You have to monitor pitch counts and how many pitches were thrown in "pressure" situations.

A guy like Johan Santana can throw 200+ innings, and I believe I read he has only thrown over 120 pitches in a game a handful of times.

These days they take out pitchers after a certain amount of pitches, not necessarily innings. So what I said about Kennedy goes unchanged. I'm not really sure what you are saying Scott?

These days they take out pitchers after a certain amount of pitches, not necessarily innings. So what I said about Kennedy goes unchanged. I'm not really sure what you are saying Scott?

To say that you are going to monitor's someone's "innings" is a much more fruitless exercise than to monitor the number of pitches that they throw.

One pitcher may throw 140 innings and still have a lot to give in his arm. Yet another pitcher may have had to toil inm that 140 pitches.

Wear and tear on the arm does not come from "innings", moreso as it does pitches and the circumstances of those pitches.

Not as easy to say just "innings".

If they stay healthy, those five will serve just fine. I'll admit that I hoped Joba was going to be in the rotation from the start, though.

You need that bridge to Rivera. and they seem to have no interest in finding a solution (a set up man). so Joba it is. Farnsworth should be air mailed to somebody, hell I'll be happy to pay for him to leave.

To say that you are going to monitor's someone's "innings" is a much more fruitless exercise than to monitor the number of pitches that they throw.

One pitcher may throw 140 innings and still have a lot to give in his arm. Yet another pitcher may have had to toil inm that 140 pitches.

Wear and tear on the arm does not come from "innings", moreso as it does pitches and the circumstances of those pitches.

I see, but I am just going by what the Yankees are saying.

Tomato..Tomatoe.

I think we can all agree he is being monitored and at a point could be shutdown.

Archived