TRADE ? ? ? : COLES to JAX ? ? ?

kelly

last updated: 02/22/08

~ ~ ~ In Jacksonville they are excited with the emergence of young linebackers Clint Ingram and Justin Durant, so there is also talk that Mike Peterson days may be numbered....They also would love to pry :) Laveranues Coles :) from New York to bring him back home, so don't be surprised if thes two teams dance on draft day....

> http://www.draftdaddy.com/blog/nfldraft.cfm

i'd like to see coles with jax, unloads his contract, we don't have to renegotiate, and we don't have two of the same receiver on oposite sides of the field.

I love watching Coles play, but we need to move on.

Here's the problem: who do we replace him with? He is still our best receiver. Cotch is good but he probably isn't a #1 target. Brad Smith and Chansi Stuckey are nothing special at all.

I have no problem with trading Coles as long as the Jets get Roy Williams or someone comparable.

Here's the problem: who do we replace him with? He is still our best receiver. Cotch is good but he probably isn't a #1 target. Brad Smith and Chansi Stuckey are nothing special at all.

I have no problem with trading Coles as long as the Jets get Roy Williams or someone comparable.

In your opinion..would Berrian do?

With the way he is acting and with his ridiculous thinking that he should be given a new deal, the best way to go is to unload Coles' attitude onto another team like Jackonsville and either draft his replacment or make a serious run at Javon Walker.

With the way he is acting and with his ridiculous thinking that he should be given a new deal, the best way to go is to unload Coles' attitude onto another team like Jackonsville and either draft his replacment or make a serious run at Javon Walker.

No thanks. Walker has been sidelined 2 out of the last 3 seasons with his knee.

Honestly, that is a huge problem too. If the jury is still out on Kellen, which for me it is, in order to assess the guy, we need to give him at least two receivers (neither of them with the name of brad smith). Even if we landed another receiving tight end, kellen just needs a few targets.

Roy Williams is first on my list as well, but i don't think he was ever a boy scout, so green and white is not in his future.

No thanks. Walker has been sidelined 2 out of the last 3 seasons with his knee.

Would rather take a chance on him than a guy with head concerns. No thanks for LC getting a new deal anytime soon and if he isn't getting a new deal then this will just continue to haunt the organization in terms of attracting impact players.

Trade Coles, Sign Walker when he is released and Draft another receiver Day 1.

Would rather take a chance on him than a guy with head concerns. No thanks for LC getting a new deal anytime soon and if he isn't getting a new deal then this will just continue to haunt the organization in terms of attracting impact players.

Trade Coles, Sign Walker when he is released and Draft another receiver Day 1.

I'm not opposed to trading Coles but a guy with a torn ACL who's missed most of the last 3 seasons is not the answer. I'd rather see the Jets sign Stallworth or Berrian or make a run at Roy Williams.

Stallworth will be comanding $5-6 million a year and he is oft injuried as well. I'm not willing to give that kind of money to him or to Bernard Berrian, who in my mind is a number three / slot receiver, not a starter.

Matt Jones in a heartbeat? huh?

Good redzone target. Not a replacement for Coles via a starting job, but he would add a great target on Brian Schottenheimer's favorite play, the fade route. And, who knows, maybe he does turn into a full time starter elsewhere.

Stallworth will be comanding $5-6 million a year and he is oft injuried as well. I'm not willing to give that kind of money to him or to Bernard Berrian, who in my mind is a number three / slot receiver, not a starter.

# of games Donte Stallworth has missed last 4 seasons: 4

# of games Javon Walker has missed last 3 seasons: 23

Walker is also older and, like I said before, his torn ACL is going to be a problem.

As for the money argument no matter who the Jets get at the wr position to replace Coles it's going to be expensive. Better than average wr's a hot commodity right now. Might as well sign one who doesn't have a torn knee and about to turn 30.

Jets can draft Hardy in round 2 but to assume he'll be ready right away to be a #1 receiver is a stretch.

Hardy? The guy without strength or speed? No thanks.

Thats great that Stallworth only missed four games, good for him. Problem is even though he played through injuries he wasn't so productive. In games where he was noticeably injuried he didn't do anything and would've served better on the bench drinking Gatorade.

Donte Stallworth is not a better receiver than Javon Walker. Not even close. One good year in Philadelphia doesn't change his status as a player with all the talent in the world, but often does not turn that talent into production.

why are we not having arguments on linemen that the Jets should take..those are the glaring holes on the team no?

Because a lot of posters here would rather go for the sexy names such as Darren McOneHitAndI'mDown. ;)

OLine should be addressed via Alan Faneca at Left Guard and a Right Tackle in Round 2.

Vernon Gholston, OLB, at #6.

Hardy? The guy without strength or speed? No thanks.

Thats great that Stallworth only missed four games, good for him. Problem is even though he played through injuries he wasn't so productive. In games where he was noticeably injuried he didn't do anything and would've served better on the bench drinking Gatorade.

Donte Stallworth is not a better receiver than Javon Walker. Not even close. One good year in Philadelphia doesn't change his status as a player with all the talent in the world, but often does not turn that talent into production.

Not only has Javon been injury prone..he also has of the field baggage stemming from the Darrent Williams incident.

We have enough 30+ has-beens on our team already.

Stallworth is a burner..and could stretch the field with KC throwing to him.

Matt Jones?

:bag:

We cant just trade Coles if we have no one to replace him with. Can Cotch handle the load?

Draft Manningham(who I like) but does he have the potential to be a # 1? He certainly isnt Braylon Edwards.

What abouit Fitzgerald- any news on him lately?

WR is the last position you fill. We're pretty far away from needing to worry about who would replace Coles. Someone big would be nice though, I'm sick of these midgets that can't get seperation or make a play against a good defense (yeah, that's right, Chad wasn't 100% at fault either).

Archived