PACE UNDECIDED BETWEEN NYJ AND MIAMI

gangreenman

WTF does that have to do with anything? LOL! Barton can play inside in a 3-4 or outside in a 4-3 - but not outside in a 3-4. He doesn't have the ability to put his hand on the ground if need be. You have no clue wtf you are talking about here.

He's obviously not very effective with his hand on the ground, or else he wouldn't have been a gigantic bust when he played defensive end for four years.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's obviously not very effective with his hand on the ground, or else he wouldn't have been a gigantic bust when he played defensive end for four years.

That was a terrible defense he was on and terrible coaching. Atleast be fair.

Atleast be fair to Troll's argument that he has all the makings of becoming the next Bryan Thomas. Now, Thomas' book isn't written yet, lets see if he works hard this offseason to return to his 2006 form or better, but if he doesn't, it is certainly a 1 year, contract year, wonder. Pace could be the same thing.

Bryan Thomas dogging it in 2007 has nothing to do with Pace.

I'm not even a big fan of this potential signing, but I've never seen Pace play so I cant really say. I doubt many here saw him play last year either.

Also the fact that Parcells is going after him makes me believe that Pace should at least be a very solid player.

Atleast be fair to Troll's argument that he has all the makings of becoming the next Bryan Thomas. Now, Thomas' book isn't written yet, lets see if he works hard this offseason to return to his 2006 form or better, but if he doesn't, it is certainly a 1 year, contract year, wonder. Pace could be the same thing.

I already said it about 5 times in this thread that he is similar in the fact that he had a breakout year when he was in a contract year like Thomas. But that is where the similarities end.

The same could be said of Bryan Thomas.

Maybe we should sign some free agent Dolphins. They have been on a ****ty defense with bad coaching for years. Must be worth $20 million guaranteed, then.

Bryan Thomas dogging it in 2007 has nothing to do with Pace.

I'm not even a big fan of this potential signing, but I've never seen Pace play so I cant really say. I doubt many here saw him play last year either.

Also the fact that Parcells is going after him makes me believe that Pace should at least be a very solid player.

Exactly.

This to me is the only strong sticking point behind Pace. If Parcells is after him, it makes me believe that possibly he could be a very effective 34 pass rushing Outside Linebacker. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I still do not like him, but I've been wrong plenty of times on players before, as we all have.

The same could be said of Bryan Thomas.

Maybe we should sign some free agent Dolphins. They have been on a ****ty defense with bad coaching for years. Must be worth $20 million guaranteed, then.

Are you out of your f'n mind? You aren't even making sense now.

Are you out of your f'n mind? You aren't even making sense now.

I guess that did sound a little crazy.

Let me uncrazy it up for you.

Calvin Pace is very similar to Adalius Thomas.

Devery Henderson > Jericho Cotchery.

Chad Pennington > Tom Brady, without spying.

No offense, but I find you to be possibly the nuttiest person on this entire site. You calling me crazy is too much, lol.

No offense, but I find you to be possibly the nuttiest person on this entire site. You calling me crazy is too much, lol.

No, that awrad is still Ecurb's to loose. Honestly, it isn't even a close 2nd.

You are just a tool. Your predictions are great though. Care to go through some of those? LOL, you compared Pace to Eric Barton. You are a dumbass.

You are just a tool. Your predictions are great though. Care to go through some of those? LOL, you compared Pace to Eric Barton. You are a dumbass.

I am right far more often than you are.

I'm pretty sure you once called Thomas Jones a top ten runningback.

Let's not turn this into a pissing contest, though. Agree to disagree. If Calvin Pace comes here and is sucktacular, I am sure I will let you know about it, as you will let me know if he suddenly develops into a good player in his 6th NFL season.

If we do sign Pace, does he play olb or ilb, do we still think of VG on draft day or is BT the odd man out?

If we sign Pace, we have a lot of options...

We can start him and BThomas at OLB, and keep Harris and Barton as ILB's this season. We could still draft Gholston...Have Pace at ILB and Gholston and BT at OLB. Or we could draft Gholston, have the two best of the three (BT, Gholston, and Pace) start at OLB and the other comes off the bench as an OLB/DE and we start Barton and Harris in the middle.

Or we can trade down in the draft, and get an ILB, start Harris, the drafted player, and BT and Pace on the outside.

I am very wary of Calvin Pace... he's coming off a career year but at the same time it came on a contract year. Almost like Bryan Thomas.......... and both were first rounders. I say sign him if he does not cost too much but if he does, I say let him sign with the Dolphins and hope he is a bust. ;) I like Gholston at 6 also if we do not get Pace. xD

I am right far more often than you are.

I'm pretty sure you once called Thomas Jones a top ten runningback.

Let's not turn this into a pissing contest, though. Agree to disagree. If Calvin Pace comes here and is sucktacular, I am sure I will let you know about it, as you will let me know if he suddenly develops into a good player in his 6th NFL season.

OK and I promise not to get into your Vince Young and Deangelo Williams predictions or any of your ****head fantasy predictions. But whatever.

Btw, Pace didn't even really play until 2007.

Oh and get the sand out of your vagina.

I am very wary of Calvin Pace... he's coming off a career year but at the same time it came on a contract year. Almost like Bryan Thomas.......... and both were first rounders. I say sign him if he does not cost too much but if he does, I say let him sign with the Dolphins and hope he is a bust. ;) I like Gholston at 6 also if we do not get Pace. xD

kick ass picture man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK and I promise not to get into your Vince Young and Deangelo Williams predictions or any of your ****head fantasy predictions. But whatever.

Btw, Pace didn't even really play until 2007.

Oh and get the sand out of your vagina.

I was wrong on my Vince Young prediction?

Did you happen to sleep through this past season? You know, the one where Vince Young was one of the worst QBs in the NFL?

How ironic in that in the same post you say "Pace didn't really play until 2007", you bash me for thinking DeAngelo Williams would be good. You must have been dropped on your head.

Did you happen to sleep through this past season? You know, the one where Vince Young was one of the worst QBs in the NFL?

How ironic in that in the same post you say "Pace didn't really play until 2007", you bash me for thinking DeAngelo Williams would be good. You must have been dropped on your head.

Max, I think its time for our next annual JN debate...

Do not overrate Calvin Pace. Look at his career stats. He had one good year in Arizona in a contract year. This guy could be Bryan Thomas II.

no ****. i'd rather not have any Arizona Cardinal not named Adrian Wilson. I'm still a bowens fan, and would like to see him get some minutes.

You were way off on your Vince Young prediction who showed in his rookie year that he can play effective QB in this league. Hardly any talent around him last year.

Pace didn't play much until 2007 so to say he wasn't effective when he was hardly on the field is stupid. He is not an every down DE. He didn't get a shot to play a position he was more suited for until 2007. You don't even know what position he plays and compared him to BT. You are a fool.

Now go post in another thread about how someone is going to suck. That is what you are good at.

When is this guy going to make his damn decision already ?

Hurrrrrrrrryyyyyy!!!

My guess is by tomorrow night. He's probably closing up his visit with the Jets now and will talk things over with his agent and get his thoughts organized before making a decision...

Remember guys, Gholston hasn't played LB in his who career, he has always been a down lineman at OU, so even if we do get pace which i want, we can still get Gholston if hes there at 6, it just gives us another option.

An interesting bit I read in an ESPN article about Gholston:

Gholston had to be versatile enough to rush the passer and drop into coverage at the "Leo" spot, so he'll have any easier adjustment as a 3-4 outside linebacker in the NFL.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft08/columns/story?columnist=chadiha_jeffri&id=3262486

You were way off on your Vince Young prediction who showed in his rookie year that he can play effective QB in this league. Hardly any talent around him last year.

Pace didn't play much until 2007 so to say he wasn't effective when he was hardly on the field is stupid. He is not an every down DE. He didn't get a shot to play a position he was more suited for until 2007. You don't even know what position he plays and compared him to BT. You are a fool.

Now go post in another thread about how someone is going to suck. That is what you are good at.

Vince Young is ****ing horrible. Their running game did not miss a beat without Travis Henry. You are going to tell me he threw 9 TDs and 17 interceptions because he lost the dominant Drew Bennett? He sucked his rookie year too. He got all the credit for winning whenever the running game and defense absolutely carried that team on their backs. Same thing happened this year, only Young's numbers were so God awful, even his nuthuggers in the mass media noticed.

Oh, and prior to last season, Calvin Pace had started 22 games.

Now go post in another thread about how some sucktacular player is comparable to a Hall of Famer. It's what you are best at.

Vince Young is ****ing horrible. Their running game did not miss a beat without Travis Henry. You are going to tell me he threw 9 TDs and 17 interceptions because he lost the dominant Drew Bennett? He sucked his rookie year too. He got all the credit for winning whenever the running game and defense absolutely carried that team on their backs. Same thing happened this year, only Young's numbers were so God awful, even his nuthuggers in the mass media noticed.

Oh, and prior to last season, Calvin Pace had started 22 games.

Now go post in another thread about how some sucktacular player is comparable to a Hall of Famer. It's what you are best at.

You are a legend in your own mind.

Archived