Jets will win the AFCE in 2008

serphnx

With the free agent acquisitions we've been making, we are now a talented team. Mangini was considered a genius just two years ago, and it's obvious to me he sandbagged the entire 2007 run in order to pull this off. In 2008, Mangenius returns, and we're going to win the SB.

We had a team go 16-0 in our division last season. Some may say that team is the favorite to repeat as division winner, and to go back and lose in the SB again. But history doesn't bear that out. First of all, a tough loss like that is a morale buster, especially after a good season. It starts a spiral of losing that is irrecoverable.

But even more historically accurate, is the fact that an SB losing team will not make the playoffs the ensuing year. It's the curse of being a loser, and there are no biggers losers than BB, Brady and the rest of the Cheatriots, so it's quite apt. Now with that crossing NE off the list of even making the playoffs, and the fact that someone must make the playoffs out of the AFCE, it's logically going to be us. It ain't going to be the 1-15 Fins, and the Bills got most of their wins off of us and the Fins, and we aren't going to give them those wins this time. Actually I blame Chad for those wins anyway, and he's not going to start anymore.

So after we win the AFCE this coming year, and make our playoff run, I just want Alk, Gainzo, Garb, PF and every other Pats troll to know: I told you so.

With the free agent acquisitions we've been making, we are now a talented team. Mangini was considered a genius just two years ago, and it's obvious to me he sandbagged the entire 2007 run in order to pull this off. In 2008, Mangenius returns, and we're going to win the SB.

We had a team go 16-0 in our division last season. Some may say that team is the favorite to repeat as division winner, and to go back and lose in the SB again. But history doesn't bear that out. First of all, a tough loss like that is a morale buster, especially after a good season. It starts a spiral of losing that is irrecoverable.

But even more historically accurate, is the fact that an SB losing team will not make the playoffs the ensuing year. It's the curse of being a loser, and there are no biggers losers than BB, Brady and the rest of the Cheatriots, so it's quite apt. Now with that crossing NE off the list of even making the playoffs, and the fact that someone must make the playoffs out of the AFCE, it's logically going to be us. It ain't going to be the 1-15 Fins, and the Bills got most of their wins off of us and the Fins, and we aren't going to give them those wins this time. Actually I blame Chad for those wins anyway, and he's not going to start anymore.

So after we win the AFCE this coming year, and make our playoff run, I just want Alk, Gainzo, Garb, PF and every other Pats troll to know: I told you so.

1st of all. you're thinking too far ahead. the bills have alot better chance to win the E why also history shows a team that does well has whats called "chemistry" which is not developed by throwing money at big players but by working together for so long and building a trust. i would love to see the jets win the E, but i dont think it will happen. bills are still a better team

you are absolutely out of your mind if you think the bills are better than the jets; on paper the jets are much better. the bills qbs are not particularly good, definitely not as battle tested as chad.. and as far as next year, i think the dolphins will have as many wins if not more than the bills.. the jets winning the division may be a little off too, they have definitely improved but until they can prove they can consistently stop brady.. i think u have to assume the patriots will win.. although i hope otherwise

I must have missed the Jets acquisition of a free agent "franchise" QB.

You missed it because you were too busy celebrating that one win you guys ended up getting last year. Remember that time you got champagne in your eye during the celebration of the one victory season and had trouble seeing for a few days.

I may be an optomist, but i'm also a realist. I don't think the patriots will come close to 16-0, but i do think that they will win the division; my guess would be 12-4 with a good shot at 13-3, but i have to wait to see how the draft unfolds. There linebackers are very old and unless they get some youth added, they will be very susceptible to the run, as they showed last year. There secondary was their weak point last year and didn't get any better with both gay and asante leaving. There offense took a shot with stallworth leaving, but they kept moss and still have their oline, welker and maroney; oh ya and brady. I'm not gonna hug their nuts anymore, but they are the favorites to win the AFC east and one of the top 3 in the AFC.

That having been said, I definately think the jets can get a wild card birth, but they are going to have some stiff competition. It'll be a lot easier to tell once the draft rolls around and we see how are depth chart lines up, but i can see us pushing for a wild card spot. But i say that every year, because what's the point of going out and playing if you don't think you're going to win every game.

you are absolutely out of your mind if you think the bills are better than the jets; on paper the jets are much better. the bills qbs are not particularly good, definitely not as battle tested as chad.. and as far as next year, i think the dolphins will have as many wins if not more than the bills.. the jets winning the division may be a little off too, they have definitely improved but until they can prove they can consistently stop brady.. i think u have to assume the patriots will win.. although i hope otherwise

last time i checked being better on paper dont mean ****.

You missed it because you were too busy celebrating that one win you guys ended up getting last year. Remember that time you got champagne in your eye during the celebration of the one victory season and had trouble seeing for a few days.

It was beer, and yes I do remember that day. I was quite happy.

How exciting for the jets to go 4-12 in 2007 and have 2 of those wins against a winless team, then to top off your season in front of a half empty beerless stadium your team barely beat ol Herm. Yeah, 4 guys in free agency is gonna fix that.

maybe you should recall the scores from last years games and their record....were better than us.

The point of this thread is that this year's team is already leaps and bounds better than last year's team.

Now I don't know if we'll win the division, but at the least we can give the Pats a run for their money. And cameras.

The point of this thread is that this year's team is already leaps and bounds better than last year's team.

Now I don't know if we'll win the division, but at the least we can give the Pats a run for their money. And cameras.

we will be better than last years team for sure. but not over stepping it by saying yea we can win our division. the bills are strengthing their D, pats well F the pats. phins prolly wont do **** again. we can compete in our division but idk if we will win it

I would be one of the 1st people to congratulate you guys if the Jets won the Division.

Keep in mid that I've read a variation of this thread every off season for the last 5 years :P

Archived