ARod on WFAN

Maxman

with mike and the mad puppy.

He takes responsibility for the 8th inning opt out announcement in the World Series last year. He said Boras did it. He works for me so it is my fault. Then he said it was the most classless thing he has seen in sports ever.

A big statement from ARod. He is definitely getting better at this media thing. He also said his daughter wanted to stay in NY and that broke his heart. She told him they can't leave Central Park.

Also said that he has not spoken to Scott Boras since then but wouldn't go into more detail.

with mike and the mad puppy.

He takes responsibility for the 8th inning opt out announcement in the World Series last year. He said Boras did it. He works for me so it is my fault. Then he said it was the most classless thing he has seen in sports ever.

A big statement from ARod. He is definitely getting better at this media thing. He also said his daughter wanted to stay in NY and that broke his heart. She told him they can't leave Central Park.

Also said that he has not spoken to Scott Boras since then but wouldn't go into more detail.

So it was his daughter not wanting to leave Central Park, and not the $$$$$ that made ARod come back to the Yankees, eh?

I bet the Yankees wished that his daughter had expressed this affinity for Central Park in the Summer. maybe it was the Fall colors that made her so mad with the park.

This was heartwarming. I totally change my tune on ARod.

He's still a lowlife scumbag POS primadonna aldulterer crybaby. Can't wait to watch him curl up in the fetal position and **** his pants again if the Yanks make the post-season.

He's still a lowlife scumbag POS primadonna aldulterer crybaby. Can't wait to watch him curl up in the fetal position and **** his pants again if the Yanks make the post-season.

Actually, for some reason, I think now that he knows he is a Yankee for the rest of his career, I bet that he does not worry anymore about the need to "show the world" in the post-season how good he really is. I bet he does much better in future post-seasons.

Actually, for some reason, I think now that he knows he is a Yankee for the rest of his career, I bet that he does not worry anymore about the need to "show the world" in the post-season how good he really is. I bet he does much better in future post-seasons.

I don't believe that A-Rods clutch failure has anything to do with worrying about whether he would be a Yankee or not.

Most likely it stems from one slump in the playoff that has now seeped into is psyche. And baseball, more than any other sport when you swell on a problem in the past that has given you problems, the more it will affect you in the future.

I am sure he is a bust out game away from being a force in the post season.

The question is, will he ever be on a team again that makes it to the postseason? :)

Enough of my psychoanalyst babble.

So it was his daughter not wanting to leave Central Park, and not the $$$$$ that made ARod come back to the Yankees, eh?

I bet the Yankees wished that his daughter had expressed this affinity for Central Park in the Summer. maybe it was the Fall colors that made her so mad with the park.

This was heartwarming. I totally change my tune on ARod.

Scott --

Did you hear the interview? I don't think you did. They said to him ARod you were going to get paid wherever you went. Why did you stay here? He said that he needed to take control of the situation. It was a big decision. He didn't BS and say any I am a Yankee stuff.

OBVIOUSLY it is about the money. It would be the same for any of us. It was a good interview though, he seems to have either matured or gotten better with the media. Either way it is good for the Yankees.

They tried to draw him into Reyes\Wright bashing and he would have none of it just saying those were two great players that he enjoys watching.

He talked about Jeter and said they are really close again. Make fun of it if you want but it is a good sign for the Yankees. They have an offensive force that is a non-story. This is good news even if you aren't changing your tune on him.

Since he is going to be here for a long long time I'm going to start rooting for the guy all of the time. In the past, I have bashed A-Wad and said that I did not like him as while a talented player he was a little fairy girl who disappeared in the playoffs. I shall from now on only have good things to say about him and hope that he keeps on having monster years.

Scott --

Did you hear the interview? I don't think you did. They said to him ARod you were going to get paid wherever you went. Why did you stay here? He said that he needed to take control of the situation. It was a big decision. He didn't BS and say any I am a Yankee stuff.

OBVIOUSLY it is about the money. It would be the same for any of us. It was a good interview though, he seems to have either matured or gotten better with the media. Either way it is good for the Yankees.

They tried to draw him into Reyes\Wright bashing and he would have none of it just saying those were two great players that he enjoys watching.

He talked about Jeter and said they are really close again. Make fun of it if you want but it is a good sign for the Yankees. They have an offensive force that is a non-story. This is good news even if you aren't changing your tune on him.

I gotta throw up the BS flag on that one. A-Rod would have been paid anywhere he went. He just woulndn't have been paid $35 mil per season. I think that's part of the reason for him freaking out. The phone wasn't ringing off the hook with offers of $50 mil per season the way Bore-ass had told him it would so he came crawling back to Yankee money to get as close as he could to it.

Since he is going to be here for a long long time I'm going to start rooting for the guy all of the time. In the past, I have bashed A-Wad and said that I did not like him as while a talented player he was a little fairy girl who disappeared in the playoffs. I shall from now on only have good things to say about him and hope that he keeps on having monster years.

To each his own Arsis. I see this douchebag the same way I saw Gary Sheffiled in pinstripes. I will root for them to win it all every season as I usually do. I hope that in doing so, A-Rod has as little as possible to do with it. As long as the Yankees win I could care less if this guys career ended tomorrow or if he went 0-for the next ten years. JMO.

Scott --

If he liked being a Yankee so much, and his daughter liked NY so much, why didn't he just realize that so much sooner, and save the ball club a ton of money?

Listen, he is a ballplayer, and not a role model, like any other athlete. He will be judged by what he does on the field more than anything else.

But, if you don't see a pattern with this player, and this person, you are wishing for what you want him to be. And from my experiences with people, it is not a switch you turn on and off. You can just throw a curtain around it, so it is not as obvious.

If he liked being a Yankee so much, and his daughter liked NY so much, why didn't he just realize that so much sooner, and save the ball club a ton of money?

Listen, he is a ballplayer, and not a role model, like any other athlete. He will be judged by what he does on the field more than anything else.

But, if you don't see a pattern with this player, and this person, you are wishing for what you want him to be. And from my experiences with people, it is not a switch you turn on and off. You can just throw a curtain around it, so it is not as obvious.

I have blasted ARod. My point was that he had a good interview and there is no drama wrapped around him this year. He is getting along well with Jeter. He is no longer saying stupid things. I think he has matured but regardless, the no drama is good for the Yankees.

He has made tons of mistakes. He is the best player in the game right now. The Boras thing was terrible. He says he has not spoken to Boras since all that happened.

Again, good things for the Yankees. I don't care about his switch or what he does in Toronto. What I like is that he is making Girardi's 1st camp painless.

I have blasted ARod. My point was that he had a good interview and there is no drama wrapped around him this year. He is getting along well with Jeter. He is no longer saying stupid things. I think he has matured but regardless, the no drama is good for the Yankees.

He has made tons of mistakes. He is the best player in the game right now. The Boras thing was terrible. He says he has not spoken to Boras since all that happened.

Again, good things for the Yankees. I don't care about his switch or what he does in Toronto. What I like is that he is making Girardi's 1st camp painless.

Welcome to March 11 ;)

Welcome to March 11 ;)

He will get his ring this year and then he will be a true Yankee. Then just have to get rid of Mussina first. He has Don Mattingly'itis. A good player that is just preventing them from winning it all.

Once they clear that up the championships will flow once again.

Archived