bring back the Key for a year

jetfuel

3499.jpg Keyshawn's comeback on hold

Keyshawn Johnson | Panthers | Interested: Dolphins?

It doesn't sound like anything is imminent regarding Johnson's possible comeback attempt, according to Matt Mosley.

Johnson indicated last month that he would be open to returning to football after spending last season as a studio analyst for ESPN. The Dolphins would be his preferred team because of his relationship with Bill Parcells, but the club appears to be headed in a different direction.

"I'll just keep working out and see what happens," Johnson said. Johnson last played in 2006, when he had 70 catches for 815 yards as a member of the Panthers.

If Coles is to be traded before the season, the Jets will have Cotchery and no one else who is proven on the roster. I love the potential of Stuckey who I wanted the Jets to draft but can he stay on the field? Brad Smith? Please! He's a great athlete and special teams whiz but unless they allow him to concentrate on only receiving he will continue to be inconsistent and run sloppy routes. I love Wallace Wright but can he be a WR in this league? I have always been a KJ fan so I admit I may have some bias here, but I think he would be just what this team needs for now while the team transitions to a new set of wideouts. Hell, even if Coles is here, the team needs an over the middle guy who can take a hit. Keyshawn is a GREAT target in the redzone and a GREAT third down guy. I would only bring him in (a) if it's not for big money (maybe an incentives type deal) and (B) if he is serious about playing for this team (i know he didn't say he wants to come here but he does have the itch to play). I do want them to draft a WR in the first 2 rounds this year but Key would be a good pickup for the time being - especially with what is available out there as far as veteran WR's. This is just my opinion of course.

3499.jpg Keyshawn's comeback on hold

Keyshawn Johnson | Panthers | Interested: Dolphins?

It doesn't sound like anything is imminent regarding Johnson's possible comeback attempt, according to Matt Mosley.

Johnson indicated last month that he would be open to returning to football after spending last season as a studio analyst for ESPN. The Dolphins would be his preferred team because of his relationship with Bill Parcells, but the club appears to be headed in a different direction.

"I'll just keep working out and see what happens," Johnson said. Johnson last played in 2006, when he had 70 catches for 815 yards as a member of the Panthers.

If Coles is to be traded before the season, the Jets will have Cotchery and no one else who is proven on the roster. I love the potential of Stuckey who I wanted the Jets to draft but can he stay on the field? Brad Smith? Please! He's a great athlete and special teams whiz but unless they allow him to concentrate on only receiving he will continue to be inconsistent and run sloppy routes. I love Wallace Wright but can he be a WR in this league? I have always been a KJ fan so I admit I may have some bias here, but I think he would be just what this team needs for now while the team transitions to a new set of wideouts. Hell, even if Coles is here, the team needs an over the middle guy who can take a hit. Keyshawn is a GREAT target in the redzone and a GREAT third down guy. I would only bring him in (a) if it's not for big money (maybe an incentives type deal) and (B) if he is serious about playing for this team (i know he didn't say he wants to come here but he does have the itch to play). I do want them to draft a WR in the first 2 rounds this year but Key would be a good pickup for the time being - especially with what is available out there as far as veteran WR's. This is just my opinion of course.

I wouldn't mind having him if we drafted a WR to help him grow. Meshawn is not a #1 at 35 years old, but if we could have him to help a rookie and teach him, then I would be for it.

I hope they would too, felt his best years were in New York (i think his stats say so too), i whined all week when they traded him, but that was probably because i was 12.

How'd you get that info from espn, do you have an insider account or are you sneaky and hacked it

I hope they would too, felt his best years were in New York (i think his stats say so too), i whined all week when they traded him, but that was probably because i was 12.

How'd you get that info from espn, do you have an insider account or are you sneaky and hacked it

ESPN insider

I wouldn't mind having him if we drafted a WR to help him grow. Meshawn is not a #1 at 35 years old, but if we could have him to help a rookie and teach him, then I would be for it.

I definitely didn't mean as the #1 go-to guy ... I just think they are incredibly thin at WR and he would fill a need for sure. It's funny you mention him helping a young WR. He is mostly known as this selfish guy but if you ask any coach he ever played for they'll say he is as hard a worker as there is. I think he'd be great as a mentor as well.

Absolutely not.

a.) He's not very good.

b.) He has a big mouth. Aren't we all itching to get rid of Coles because of his mouth? Why bring in a crappier, bitchier WR to replace him?

First of all, he is one of the better possession receivers in the last decade so he is very good. Secondly, his reputation is far worse than he actually behaves as a player. Why do you think Parcells thinks so highly of him? Because he's a dog and troublemaker? The guy is a solid football player.

Exactly.

Why bring back and older, slower, more problematic verison of what we are trying to upgrade from?

Because if Coles goes, you're gonna be happy with Cotchery as the only receiver on the roster with any real experience? I'm not.

First of all, he is one of the better possession receivers in the last decade so he is very good. Secondly, his reputation is far worse than he actually behaves as a player. Why do you think Parcells thinks so highly of him? Because he's a dog and troublemaker? The guy is a solid football player.

We don't need a possession receiver, we already have two of them. We certainly don't need an ancient one that has been mediocre for five years and hasn't taken a snap in two years.

And I really don't give a **** what Bill Parcells thinks. He's a mediocre GM.

I am not a Key fan, and I was glad to see him go.

At this point I would be glad to see him come back for one year,

Coles is going to have to go. The Jets are offering to guarantee his last 2 years, 11 million. He wants a 5 year deal. I have to assume that he is looking for about 20 million guaranteed.

No way. He is going to make a lot of trouble.

I don't think KJ is much of a mentor, but he is a hard worker, and probably has a few miles left

And I really don't give a **** what Bill Parcells thinks. He's a mediocre GM.

That is just a retarded statement. First of all, Parcells coached the guy for a few years so he doesn't admire Keyshawn as a GM but as his Coach. Is Parcells a mediocore Head Coach too? Is that why he is known as one of the greatest coaches of all time, developed coaches like Belichik and Coughlin and turned around the Giants, Patriots, and Jets franchises when he took them over? They were all laughing stocks and none of them have been since he was there (well, the Jets are debatable) Yeah, he's an idiot. What does he know?

That is just a retarded statement. First of all, Parcells coached the guy for a few years so he doesn't admire Keyshawn as a GM but as his Coach. Is Parcells a mediocore Head Coach too? Is that why he is known as one of the greatest coaches of all time, developed coaches like Belichik and Coughlin and turned around the Giants, Patriots, and Jets franchises when he took them over? They were all laughing stocks and none of them have been since he was there (well, the Jets are debatable) Yeah, he's an idiot. What does he know?

Players who have already retired, have cashed the their last check not only literally, but mentally.

Playing football is not a switch that you turn on and off and do as a hobby.

BIG pass on KJ. I am not interested in helping him generate a hype machine for his own personal benefit.

Archived