Falcons And Chiefs Are Worst Odds To Win The Super Bowl Next Season

Jedi_Jet1121

No Wonder the Chiefs are Terrible

Mar 12, 2008 | 11:16AM | report this I was out in Las Vegas over the weekend and took notice of the favorites to win the Super Bowl next year. Your Kansas City Chiefs, at 225-1 odds, are tied with the Falcons for the worst odds to win the Championship.

I'm not the least bit surprised. They don't have a clue. GM Carl Peterson, he of the two playoff wins in 20 years as the President of the team, doesn't believe in signing free agents, so he's let talented players such as Bernard Berrian, and Alan Faneca, two players I was desperately hoping the Chiefs would take a look at, sign elsewhere. Instead Peterson has opted to bring in two free agents I've never heard of: WR Devard Darling, and LB Demorrio Williams. Peterson's strategy of relying heavily on the draft (much like the Pittsburgh Steelers) to replenish talent is not entirely bad in and of itself. Except that Peterson can't draft! Since 2000 (8 total NFL drafts), Peterson has drafted three Pro Bowlers (Dante Hall, Larry Johnson, and Jared Allen). Over that time, Pittsburgh has draftd six Pro Bowlers but three more are worthy.

The Chiefs have the second lowest payroll in the NFL, about $45 million less than what New England spent last year. They've just recently released high salaried players Ty Law ($5 million), and Eddie Kennison ($2.1 million), and a host of other players (Kendrell Bell, Eddie Drummond, Greg Wesley, and Samie Parker), players whose salries total in excess of $10 million, don't figure to be back. There's no reason Kansas City couldn't have been a bigger player in the Faneca sweepstakes. I've heard nothing about the Chiefs' interest in Derek Anderson or Donovan McNabb either.

The biggest problem with Peterson's philosophy is his goal at the beginning of every season. As we learned on HBO's Hard Knocks last year, Peterson addresses his subordinates each training camp stating that the team's goal is "to win the trophy bearing our founder's name." Of course, that trophy would be that of Lamar Hunt, which goes to the team that wins the AFC each year. I wonder if Peterson realizes that by winning the Lombardi trophy he'll have automatically addressed all other trophies coming before it. If your goal isn't to win the Super Bowl, it's never going to happen.

When the Chiefs finish the 2008 season at 4-12 again, it'll be high time for Chiefs fans to see Peterson's head on a stick outside Arrowhead Stadium. While we're there, might as well bring Herm Edwards with him

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i think the falcon may surprise people

Burner Turner is going to be a great back!!!

Either they are going to have a crappy QB or a rookie QB (who I don't think is going to be very good in the NFL anyway). Burner Turner's gonna be burnin' himself righ into an 8 and 9 man front for 1 yard. He's gonna look alot like Thomas Jones did for us last year.

Either they are going to have a crappy QB or a rookie QB (who I don't think is going to be very good in the NFL anyway). Burner Turner's gonna be burnin' himself righ into an 8 and 9 man front for 1 yard. He's gonna look alot like Thomas Jones did for us last year.

Except Burner Turner will occasionally show some talent.:roll:

IMO he will have a better season than Jones did in 07 .

there is no comparison between TJ and Burner

Burner can sniff goalline

ATL will also have a coach that wants to be there, i wouldn't be shocked in they won 6 games

6 whole games? so the best they can possible do in your opinion is win 6 games. Which puts them pretty far from the superbowl.

there is no comparison between TJ and Burner

Burner can sniff goalline

ATL will also have a coach that wants to be there, i wouldn't be shocked in they won 6 games

They'll still really struggle in the passing game, Especially now Crumpler's gone. Their D will also regress without Brooking and Hall. Abraham and Anderson could become a scary duo of Ends and if they drafted one of either Ellis or Dorsey they would have one of the strongest defensive fronts in the league.

It's not all doom and gloom in Falcon world.

6 whole games? so the best they can possible do in your opinion is win 6 games. Which puts them pretty far from the superbowl.

6 games would be considered an incredibly successful season for the Falcons considering how much they've had to put up with over the last year. They are in total re-building mode and 6-10 would definetly be a huge step in the right direction.

They'll still really struggle in the passing game, Especially now Crumpler's gone. Their D will also regress without Brooking and Hall. Abraham and Anderson could become a scary duo of Ends and if they drafted one of either Ellis or Dorsey they would have one of the strongest defensive fronts in the league.

It's not all doom and gloom in Falcon world.

The Falcons have the easier rebuilding project. They already have some pieces on defense (Houston, Anderson, Abraham) and on offense they have a couple good young backs.

They desperately need a QB, a couple playmaking receivers, and a coach who isn't going to quit after 8 games to go back to college.

6 games would be considered an incredibly successful season for the Falcons considering how much they've had to put up with over the last year. They are in total re-building mode and 6-10 would definetly be a huge step in the right direction.

I know that, but this thread is about superbowl odds.

my point

they will not be among the worst 2 teams

the Chefs are a lock though;)

I guess my point was that, you could make the odds 1-1,000,000 and it really wouldn't make a difference, they're not winning the superbowl. I say the Kansas City Sous Chefs and the Miami DollFags are the two worst teams next year.

I'm sorry I just am not impressed with Turner either-he's Derrick Blaylock behind a mediocre line

I guess my point was that, you could make the odds 1-1,000,000 and it really wouldn't make a difference, they're not winning the superbowl. I say the Kansas City Sous Chefs and the Miami DollFags are the two worst teams next year.

not really...

what about the people that bet on them NOT to win the SB? no one puts up money to win at that terrible of odds (i know you were exaggerating, but still).

This year i'm thinking of betting against the Cowboys, or someone like them, to not win the SB since the odds are better than the return on a CD/some mutual funds. :)

falcons with turner, redman is gonna be someone to watch this season. the jets will do worse because you dont even got a pass rush in which the falcons are okay and the chiefs are pretty good. kc might not go to the playoffs but mark my words they are gonna have a hell of a better season. **** clemens go croyle.

I'm sorry I just am not impressed with Turner either-he's Derrick Blaylock behind a mediocre line

derrick blaylock type? are you on ****ing drugs? derrick blaylock was a quick sideline to sideline runner and no power style. turner is a down hill runner. have you even watched the guy play or you just assuming you know what you're talking about?

derrick blaylock type? are you on ****ing drugs? derrick blaylock was a quick sideline to sideline runner and no power style. turner is a down hill runner. have you even watched the guy play or you just assuming you know what you're talking about?

no I've never seen a football game before-I just make it up as I go along...I am not impressed with Turner and say he was a product of a great offensive line in front of him and LT and when that OL went down a notch so did their numbers

Man go back to your poor sperm excuse of a team. Blaylock is a bum! Tunner kills Gaylock any day. If you think Gaylock is better than Tunner you need your head examed.

And by the way KC will have the #1 overal pick next year MARK MY WORDS. We know your stupid idiot coach by heart in this site and what was your biggest free agent pick up? A No body. You are really barking the wrong tree on this site bud

no I've never seen a football game before-I just make it up as I go along...I am not impressed with Turner and say he was a product of a great offensive line in front of him and LT and when that OL went down a notch so did their numbers

same could be said about adrian peterson, lt, joseph addai, willie parker, brian westbrook. all these rb have great lines so they are just a product of a great offensive line.

Man go back to your poor sperm excuse of a team. Blaylock is a bum! Tunner kills Gaylock any day. If you think Gaylock is better than Tunner you need your head examed.

And by the way KC will have the #1 overal pick next year MARK MY WORDS. We know your stupid idiot coach by heart in this site and what was your biggest free agent pick up? A No body. You are really barking the wrong tree on this site bud

wow you're a ****ing idiot. try going back and reading the original post i commented on numb nuts. laugh. blaylock is a good player and classy.

wow you're a ****ing idiot. try going back and reading the original post i commented on numb nuts. laugh. blaylock is a good player and classy.

what I'm saying is I'm not impressed with Michael Turner that's all numb nuts

same could be said about adrian peterson, lt, joseph addai, willie parker, brian westbrook. all these rb have great lines so they are just a product of a great offensive line.

Philly does not have a great line. They gave up 6 sacks to Osee and 10 to the Giants and the finished being the worst rated offense of line in the NFL what are you talking about? :confused0058:

Have you seen Addai and Westbrooks games?! i can agree with you about Parker he was a nobody untill last season. But to say those guys are a product of a good line thats crazy man

You still never answer my question who is your best free agent pick up?

KC Fans In 09 :bag:

Jets Fans In 09 :box: for a playoff spot

You still never answer my question who is your best free agent pick up?

KC Fans In 09 :bag:

Jets Fans In 09 :box: for a playoff spot

yea go ask snyder how throwing alot of money at big players does anything for your franchise. oh he will say well do alright through the season and get killed in the playoffs. eagles worst line then why did westbrook had 1300 plus rushing yards and when came to screens killed. obviously arent that bad. 1. giants have best pass rush in the league and the eagles had a terrible day. 10 remember derrick thomas still holds the record for most sacks in a game with 8 so 10 isnt all that miraculous. idk what your bragging about you had to go pay huge bucks for the big players while we already had the big players on our roster. best pickup would be williams getting him can allow us to move donnie back to middle pull harris and have johnson and williams startin at olb. be one of the fastest and one of the most solid lb cores. playoff spot? laugh whatever you say. aint got an offense nor a defense. hey btw tell clemens he might wanna get ready cause allen and hali are gonna be bringing the heat. you know called a pass rush, needed to verify that being yall havent had one in a few years.

yea go ask snyder how throwing alot of money at big players does anything for your franchise. oh he will say well do alright through the season and get killed in the playoffs. eagles worst line then why did westbrook had 1300 plus rushing yards and when came to screens killed. obviously arent that bad. 1. giants have best pass rush in the league and the eagles had a terrible day. 10 remember derrick thomas still holds the record for most sacks in a game with 8 so 10 isnt all that miraculous. idk what your bragging about you had to go pay huge bucks for the big players while we already had the big players on our roster. best pickup would be williams getting him can allow us to move donnie back to middle pull harris and have johnson and williams startin at olb. be one of the fastest and one of the most solid lb cores. playoff spot? laugh whatever you say. aint got an offense nor a defense. hey btw tell clemens he might wanna get ready cause allen and hali are gonna be bringing the heat. you know called a pass rush, needed to verify that being yall havent had one in a few years.

HMMM..I wonder who won the last time the Chefs played the Jets..

And I also wonder in the Chefs-Jets series how many games Herm has won as HC.:roll:

Archived