looks like jets dont want dmc

chacepennington

it looks like the jets dont want dmc because they are thinking about tradeing there 6 pick 2 new orleans for thier 1st and 3rd round pick so i think in the first round they should draft the best reciever in the draft then it looks like they'll draft RT carl nicks in the third round if they do i think we'll have the best line in the nfl

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

it looks like the jets dont want dmc because they are thinking about tradeing there 6 pick 2 new orleans for thier 1st and 3rd round pick so i think in the first round they should draft the best reciever in the draft then it looks like they'll draft RT carl nicks in the third round if they do i think we'll have the best line in the nfl

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

6th pick for there first and a third?? that doesnt even make sense...it would take more then that...

6th pick for there first and a third?? that doesnt even make sense...it would take more then that...

Why? The Saints pick 10th.

The trade value chart is fine, but I think GM's are starting to realize that in the top half of round one it's more a guideline than written in stone. The compensation for moving up is absurd when you factor in the gargantuan contracts at the very top.

So technically it should be a 3rd & a 4th according to "the chart" that everyone's seen. But that's only if all the GM's believe that trade value to be the most perfect compensation imaginable. It's just some chart a dude in Dallas made before there was a salary cap or free agency. Works nicely once you get lower down in the draft.

It might hold some validity if there was thought to be a consensus greatest-talent-since-______ type of prospect. Even though this appears to be a deep draft, there doesn't appear to be a "THE guy" player that teams are falling over each other to get a crack at. THEN you might get a trade like the Giants gave up for Eli or like Ditka gave up for Ricky Williams.

If this happens, then the Jets were looking at someone who is a reach at #6 (which makes me think it's a WR or DB). So what are they to do - reach at #6 so they can say they didn't get "screwed" in a trade? No. What you do is trade down to the point where you get the same player you want, plus pick up an extra good pick, plus knock millions off the rookie's contract. And you don't worry about what is "technically" fair compensation because the chart used isn't fair to begin with.

If Gholston or McFadden is on the board, no way we trade down 4 spots, but at the same time, if Gholston, McFadden, Jake Long and Chris Long are ALL OFF the board when we pick #6, trading with the Saints would be great only because we could draft the best corner #10 and I will be praying that Groves OR Kenny Phillips falls to the second round. Plus we gain a pretty good pick in the 3rd round

If Gholston, McFadden, Chris Long or Jake Long are on the board, NO WAY should we trade down. Saints already took Vilma, lets not let them take one of the above over us.

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

We are dropping 4 spots and thats only worth a extra 3 to get the #1 RB avail. in this years draft I don`t buy it

I dont buy it either... who do the saints want with the 6th pick?? Gholsten is the only one I could see... not a qb..not a rb.. maybe a DT... ellis?

If Gholston or McFadden is on the board, no way we trade down 4 spots, but at the same time, if Gholston, McFadden, Jake Long and Chris Long are ALL OFF the board when we pick #6, trading with the Saints would be great only because we could draft the best corner #10 and I will be praying that Groves OR Kenny Phillips falls to the second round. Plus we gain a pretty good pick in the 3rd round

If Gholston, McFadden, Chris Long or Jake Long are on the board, NO WAY should we trade down. Saints already took Vilma, lets not let them take one of the above over us.

agreed, if those four are still there you take one of them, but if not yeah trade down. I think those four are the safest picks as far as being a good player.

We are dropping 4 spots and thats only worth a extra 3 to get the #1 RB avail. in this years draft I don`t buy it

There is no chance the Saint's would be trading up to take McFadden. I think DT is what they are supposedly after because the Benglas would likely take either Ellis or Dorsey at 9, and the other will probably go top 5.

Bite me if I'm mistaking here, a 3rd round pick IS NOT ENOUGH. I rather do the Roy Williams trade.

But no way I'll do this. We're going to make the Saints win the damn SB!

The Roy Williams trade was made up by people here, the same as this trade. Despite what people seem to think Tangini isn't sitting in the front office right now debating which of the 20 made up deals will be best for us.

The Roy Williams trade was made up by people here, the same as this trade. Despite what people seem to think Tangini isn't sitting in the front office right now debating which of the 20 made up deals will be best for us.

We're not trading this pick unless theres a player that we want late in the 1st rounds.

its just made up bullcrap.. Jets would require more to move down in the draft.

This is not bull crap I have a friend who works for the Jets who said they are seriously considering this move, the Jets want to Draft a WR to help the devlopment of Clemons and feel good about the running backs. They are hoping to get the deal with detroit because we would get a proven #1 wr. and a top 15 pick to draft defense. Look for the Jets to pass on DMC and add defense and a WR. The rumor is that if they cannot get the trade with detroit they will Take Kelly or Jackson and look for Johnson from east carolina or mike heart at the top of the third round.

This is not bull crap I have a friend who works for the Jets who said they are seriously considering this move, the Jets want to Draft a WR to help the devlopment of Clemons and feel good about the running backs. They are hoping to get the deal with detroit because we would get a proven #1 wr. and a top 15 pick to draft defense. Look for the Jets to pass on DMC and add defense and a WR. The rumor is that if they cannot get the trade with detroit they will Take Kelly or Jackson and look for Johnson from east carolina or mike heart at the top of the third round.

His name is spelled Clemens... Not "Clemons"

Oh yeah, we dont even have a 3rd round draft pick

Tell your friend who works for the Jets to work a little bit harder

If all of us are retartds, why even bother typing in www.jetnation.com? Go type in something else instead.

Sorry that we are all JET FANS and not simple minded "College Player Haters"

You don't want pro players?

Trade down no matter who is on the board if someone else wants to trade up to #6. The better the available prospects at #6, the better the compensation.

And the #6 is at least as likely to be a total bust as the #10 pick. Writing up college players as already being NFL greats - particularly because a player from the same position has had success in the past couple of years, and assuming that lends credibility to this different human being - is what is absurd.

His name is spelled Clemens... Not "Clemons"

Oh yeah, we dont even have a 3rd round draft pick

Tell your friend who works for the Jets to work a little bit harder

The third round pick comes from the saints if we dont do the trade with lions

Saints traded us a 4th. He's right; we don't have a 3rd at the moment.

We MIGHT get upgraded from our 4th to the Saints' 3rd in 2009.

I think he means the third is from the trade down with the saints. A 1st and a 3rd is fine. We get an extra first day pick and only move down 4 spots. You guys are just going nuts over it because you're sucking run dmc's dick all day and night.

I agree in concept, the problem is if these guys are off the board why would anyone bother to trade up to #6? I doubt we'd get much given the way talent evens-out after the first 5-6 picks.

When did I do this?

Only the first sentence was in response to what you said the rest was meant as a general observation on this thread. Sorry about that. I was talking about people like Favorite Toon and whatnot who have a very obvious Darren Mcfadden bias.

So your telling me I want McFadden more than Gholston?

Only the first sentence was in response to what you said the rest was meant as a general observation on this thread. Sorry about that. I was talking about people like Favorite Toon and whatnot who have a very obvious Darren Mcfadden bias.

You could only name me huh...lol well I do like mcfadden alot... and I think he wil be a stud rb in the nfl.. but like i said i wouldnt mind gholsten either... if we did trade down.. I would take the best reciever and maybe draft flacco or Henne... Im just saying we need help on offense at the skil positions..

You could only name me huh,lol well I do like mcfadden a lot, and I think he will be a stud running back in the NFL but like I said I wouldn't mind gholsten either. if we did trade down.. I would take the best receiver and maybe draft flacco or Henne. I'm just saying we need help on offense at the skill positions..

You're the number one Mcfadden knob-gobbler on this message board. So why would I not name you? I also fixed up your post a little bit to make it a little more understandable.

Trading down from #6 to #10 and adding a 3rd rounder seems fine to me. If the Jets aren't looking to add one of the projected top 6, then it's a winner.

But I just don't put any faith in this. It seems way to early for teams to start talking about trading picks.

Archived