Will the faders be in cap hell soon?

GM

Raiders | Russell to receive bonus

Tue, 18 Mar 2008 13:11:06 -0700

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports Oakland Raiders QB JaMarcus Russell will receive a $19.9 million option bonus in 2008.

Raiders | Russell to receive bonus

Tue, 18 Mar 2008 13:11:06 -0700

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports Oakland Raiders QB JaMarcus Russell will receive a $19.9 million option bonus in 2008.

Sweet Jesus...$20 million??? That's a lot of burgers to buy to fatten him up some more :)

More so than the Raiders, I wonder about the Colts cap situation. I do not see how they can have all those players signed to gigantic contracts and not be in cap hell. I remember reading several months back that it was a lock that they'd lose Bob Sanders, because they couldn't possibly afford him. Then, of course, they make him the highest paid safety in league history. The only person of note they have ever really let go is Edge, who was broken down by that point. Yet, somehow, they have the money to sign Manning, Harrison, Wayne, Freeney, and Sanders to ginormous contracts before any of them can hit the open market.

I hate the ****ing Colts.

More so than the Raiders, I wonder about the Colts cap situation. I do not see how they can have all those players signed to gigantic contracts and not be in cap hell. I remember reading several months back that it was a lock that they'd lose Bob Sanders, because they couldn't possibly afford him. Then, of course, they make him the highest paid safety in league history. The only person of note they have ever really let go is Edge, who was broken down by that point. Yet, somehow, they have the money to sign Manning, Harrison, Wayne, Freeney, and Sanders to ginormous contracts before any of them can hit the open market.

Yeah I know what you mean, but they were your avatar for a lot of the season. LOL

You know who might have a good amount of cap room next year?

The New York Jets

Archived