I expect this Offesne to be a Pittsburgh Steelers type of Offense this season

DieHardJetsFan

And this is the reason why I hope Kellen Clemens is the starting QB for the Jets. Not only does Kellen have a strong arm, but with the right type of ball control offense, I can see this kid being really good at managing a game, something like the Rookie season of Ben Roethlisberger when all he had to do was manage the game, make the right reads, and keep the defense honest with his strong arm inorder for the running game to be successful.

With D'Brickishaw Fergsuon, Alan Faneca, Nick Mangold and Tony Richardson leading the way for Thomas Jones in the running-game, I look foward to watching this Jets team rush for over 100+ Yards each and every game. With players such as Coles, Cotchery and Baker, with a strong rushing attack, Kellen Clemens in year #2 as a starter may be able to open up the passing game a little bit, move the chains, make plays with his feet when he gets out of the pocket, and overall... Just keep opposing defenses off balance.

Now if we go out and draft a McFadden type of runningback or even a Manningham type of WR in the 2nd round, the draft can only add another positive dimension to this Offense, but as of right now, I can see this Jets team having a Steelers type of attack.

Cutler is winning in Denver, Vince is winning is Tennessee, why cant Kellen win in New York with the right team around him? This is the year when "Broadway Kellen" Opens up eyes of many around the NFL

I hope you're right but I doubt it.

From our pickups it appears to me were looking to have a real ball control offense this year with a lot of running. It also looks like an offense designed for Chad Pennington at QB, not a gunlinger QB (Clemens). This offense looks designed for a solid running game to utilize PA, and Solid possesion WR's who will make those short-intermediate plays as well as anyone. More importantly, no deep threats.

I just have a feeling Mangini hasn't given up on Pennington just yet.

From our pickups it appears to me were looking to have a real ball control offense this year with a lot of running. It also looks like an offense designed for Chad Pennington at QB, not a gunlinger QB (Clemens). This offense looks designed for a solid running game to utilize PA, and Solid possesion WR's who will make those short-intermediate plays as well as anyone. More importantly, no deep threats.

I respect your opinion, but at the same time...

Chad Pennington has had his chance with solid O-Lines, Solid WR's and Curtis Martin at runningback, and guess what? He still could never beat the top Defenses because his arm strength or should I say Lack of. I use to be a HUGE Chad Pennington supporter, and I still support him as a backup for the Jets, but as far as being the starting QB, in my eyes, his starting days are out #'d

Why slow down the progression of Kellen for a QB who is on the downside of his career? Its time to see what we have in Kellen with a solid team around him, if he doesnt work out, it's time to look for another QB in the draft, but we could have a winner on this team in Kellen, now is the time to find out if you were to ask me

Chad Pennington has had his chance with solid O-Lines, Solid WR's and Curtis Martin at runningback, and guess what? He still could never beat the top Defenses because his arm strength or should I say Lack of. I use to be a HUGE Chad Pennington supporter, and I still support him as a backup for the Jets, but as far as being the starting QB, in my eyes, his starting days are out #'d

Why slow down the progression of Kellen for a QB who is on the downside of his career? Its time to see what we have in Kellen with a solid team around him, if he doesnt work out, it's time to look for another QB in the draft, but we could have a winner on this team in Kellen, now is the time to find out if you were to ask me

I'm not saying I hope Chad will be starting but that I think he will.

Like you said, Penny has had his chance with good situations and although he's never taken a team to a SB, he's won games and gotten those teams to the PO's.

Also, if Mangini goes with KC and it doesn't work out, Mangini will probably be gone or at least be facing a lot of pressure.

On the other hand a coach will not get fired if he goes to the PO's 2 out of 3 years and IMO Pennington is the much liklier QB to take us to the PO's.

You see what I mean??? Pennington would be much less of a risk in Mangini's eyes and that's why I think he'll be the starter on opening day.

I'm not saying I hope Chad will be starting but that I think he will.

Like you said, Penny has had his chance with good situations and although he's never taken a team to a SB, he's won games and gotten those teams to the PO's.

Also, if Mangini goes with KC and it doesn't work out, Mangini will probably be gone or at least be facing a lot of pressure.

On the other hand a coach will not get fired if he goes to the PO's 2 out of 3 years and IMO Pennington is the much liklier QB to take us to the PO's.

You see what I mean??? Pennington would be much less of a risk in Mangini's eyes and that's why I think he'll be the starter on opening day.

Those are good points, I just feel Kellen gives this Jets team the best chance in terms of putting points on the board. I just feel that Pennington is done, I hope Im wrong though

I'm convinced... this IS DWC. It just has to be.

Anyway, the Jets will very much be like the Steelers, but more like the Ravens. Their passing game won't be as good.

Yeah I agree but it would be more like th Ravens from 06 than 07. When they had McNair.

Our D will not be nearly at the same level though.

Yeah I agree but it would be more like th Ravens from 06 than 07. When they had McNair.

Our D will not be nearly at the same level though.

The D we will be putting on the field in '08, if Pace lives up to his contract, or somewhat lives up to his contract, will be a top tier Defense, I'm convinced of that. Will it be Baltimore Raven blitz crazy good? No. Will it be just as good stat wise? Maybe.

The D we will be putting on the field in '08, if Pace lives up to his contract, or somewhat lives up to his contract, will be a top tier Defense, I'm convinced of that. Will it be Baltimore Raven blitz crazy good? No. Will it be just as good stat wise? Maybe.

I dunno, didn't that Baltimore D from 06 have like 7 pro bowlers?? Anyways it was an incredibly strong unit.

We do have some great potential defensively though, hopefully it will all pan out.

I dunno, didn't that Baltimore D from 06 have like 7 pro bowlers?? Anyways it was an incredibly strong unit.

We do have some great potential defensively though, hopefully it will all pan out.

Im not saying that these players will all make the pro bowl, but if we were to draft Gholston, we could have 6 type of pro bowl players in Revis, Rhodes, Harris, Gholston, Jenkins and Pace. Lets not forget that we also have solid players such as Ellis, Coleman and Barton

Im all for McFadden, but I love Gholston, I guess my vote would be for Gholston as of right now-then draft the best WR or CB in the 2nd round.

POTW NOM

dwc be back.

AMEN BROTHA! Your post is right on.

I love Chad but hes taken us as far as possible. I think Chad would get us more regular season wins, but I dont think theres a chance he could get us thru the AFC playoffs.

Kellen deserves every chance to win the job.

Agreed, but I'm still not convinced that he will win it.

If the FO is not convinced that Kellen will win the job in camp, and this Penny "camp competition" is real and not just a ploy to pump up Penny's trade value, then we should take a QB in the second round. Penny is not the answer, and if it's not Kellen, then we need Flacco or Brohm. QB is too important to leave up in the air. If Kellen is not the man, then we are back another year without a backup plan.

If the FO is not convinced that Kellen will win the job in camp, and this Penny "camp competition" is real and not just a ploy to pump up Penny's trade value, then we should take a QB in the second round. Penny is not the answer, and if it's not Kellen, then we need Flacco or Brohm. QB is too important to leave up in the air. If Kellen is not the man, then we are back another year without a backup plan.

for me either QB would be ok. they both have there strengths and weaknesses its just a matter of what strengths would get us a SB win:cheers:=D>

for me either QB would be ok. they both have there strengths and weaknesses its just a matter of what strengths would get us a SB win:cheers:=D>

Chads strengths will never get us a SB win. Not unless our D plays like the 85 Bears in the upcoming years.

Archived