Manny Ramirez is on pace for 324 Ks

GM

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's all about "what have you done lately". The Skanks haven't done much even with the highest payroll in MLB history. :biggrin:

Done more than the Mets, thats for sure.

Payroll this, payroll that. All that matters is whats done on the field. All owners could spend the money if they chose to do so. The fact that some don't isn't the Yankees' fault. Sorry, the truth is what it is.

:rl: Thanks for the laugh. The Yanks had the highest payroll and STILL couldn't get past the 1st round. :rl:

But wait, nothing else matters except 2001 to right now, right? Right? Hows Bear Bryant coaching right now? ;-)

Wakefield's RS in 2007 overall was 5.76 RS/G.

Mike Mussina's was 6.39.

Again, Wakefield does not suck and is better than Mussina. Have a nice day.

More red goggles I see. I have the ability to realize that they both suck, when Wakefield's ERA is in the 5's this year, maybe you'll realize he sucks, I doubt it though, because you'll still probably be wearing those red goggles.

More red goggles I see. I have the ability to realize that they both suck, when Wakefield's ERA is in the 5's this year, maybe you'll realize he sucks, I doubt it though, because you'll still probably be wearing those red goggles.

Where is there statistical evidence for you to even suggest his ERA will be above 5?

Red Goggles? Doubtful. You were the one who said they were equal and that they both sucked. I proved to you that Wakefield is in fact better and is more than solid for a team's 4th starter. You have done nothing to prove anything, but keep trying.

Where is there statistical evidence for you to even suggest his ERA will be above 5?

Red Goggles? Doubtful. You were the one who said they were equal and that they both sucked. I proved to you that Wakefield is in fact better and is more than solid for a team's 4th starter. You have done nothing to prove anything, but keep trying.

I didn't say either was better than either, because it doesn't really matter when they pitch because you'll usually be losing unless the Yankees, or Red Sox can score 10, like they usually can. Like I said though, I don't have to prove anything to you, I know the guy sucks, and he'll probably have an ERA nears the 5's this season.

I didn't say either was better than either, because it doesn't really matter when they pitch because you'll usually be losing unless the Yankees, or Red Sox can score 10, like they usually can. Like I said though, I don't have to prove anything to you, I know the guy sucks, and he'll probably have an ERA nears the 5's this season.

Again, Wakefield has not had an ERA at or over 5 since 2000 when he was relieving, which is not optimal for a knuckleballers. I know you didn't say one was better than the other, and I objected because it is obvious Mussina is worse than Wakefield. It is fairly obvious you like to make claims and then say you do not have to prove anything. Fine don't prove anything. Just don't make anymore unfounded claims until you can back them up. It's pretty simple to do.

Again, Wakefield has not had an ERA at or over 5 since 2000 when he was relieving, which is not optimal for a knuckleballers. I know you didn't say one was better than the other, and I objected because it is obvious Mussina is worse than Wakefield. It is fairly obvious you like to make claims and then say you do not have to prove anything. Fine don't prove anything. Just don't make anymore unfounded claims until you can back them up. It's pretty simple to do.

So when he has the ERA around the 5's don't get pissed that you were wrong.

He just wont admit that he was wrong, or he'll make some excuses.

You can't make excuses for someone having a +5 ERA. You simply cannot. The way that ERA is calculated puts it mostly on the pitcher.

I don't make excuses. Wakefield will have another solid year and Mussina will wilt even further.

If any Yankee player had a 4.76 ERA, if it's Chien-Ming Wang, Mike Mussina, or hell even Kyle Farnsworth, I consider it a bust of a year. Hey Red Sox Nation, why don't all your pitchers get a 4.76 ERA then, if you really think it's so damn solid.

Chien-Ming is a very good pitcher, no way he posts a 4.7. Let them be homers, they won it all last year and have earned the right to talk ****.

If any Yankee player had a 4.76 ERA, if it's Chien-Ming Wang, Mike Mussina, or hell even Kyle Farnsworth, I consider it a bust of a year. Hey Red Sox Nation, why don't all your pitchers get a 4.76 ERA then, if you really think it's so damn solid.

The American League average was 4.51 for ERA. So Wakefield, a 40+ year old, knuckleball throwing, 4th starter was .25 higher than the league average. I'd say that was fairly solid, given the fact he also helped the team win 17 games, ate up valuable innings, and more often than not helped to preserve the bullpen. But that's just me.

You take anything out of context it is obviously going to be slanted one way or the other. I am still waiting to hear why you think Mussina is better and that Wakefield sucks, besides, of course, you just saying so. I have given statistical proof to the contrary. You have given nothing but useless banter.

I do agree Wang is a very good pitcher, until the playoffs roll around.

The American League average was 4.51 for ERA. So Wakefield, a 40+ year old, knuckleball throwing, 4th starter was .25 higher than the league average. I'd say that was fairly solid, given the fact he also helped the team win 17 games, ate up valuable innings, and more often than not helped to preserve the bullpen. But that's just me.

You take anything out of context it is obviously going to be slanted one way or the other. I am still waiting to hear why you think Mussina is better and that Wakefield sucks, besides, of course, you just saying so. I have given statistical proof to the contrary. You have given nothing but useless banter.

I do agree Wang is a very good pitcher, until the playoffs roll around.

I didn't say Mussina was better, I just said that they both blow. You fail to think Wakefield is bad, because you are a huge fan of his, and you should be, he's been there for a while, since 1995, I think. I am a Yankee fan claiming that Moose sucks, you seem to blinded by your goggles, like the whole Red Sox Nation that you think Wakefield is any good. You better hope not he posts a 4.76 this year, since Schilling is gone, and you better also hope Matsuzaka doesn't put up the same stats either.

I didn't say Mussina was better, I just said that they both blow. You fail to think Wakefield is bad, because you are a huge fan of his, and you should be, he's been there for a while, since 1995, I think. I am a Yankee fan claiming that Moose sucks, you seem to blinded by your goggles, like the whole Red Sox Nation that you think Wakefield is any good. You better hope not he posts a 4.76 this year, since Schilling is gone, and you better also hope Matsuzaka doesn't put up the same stats either.

Find me the newspaper or report or what have you that Schilling is gone. Please. You have said that multiple times now and I have let it slide. Yet again you show a lack of knowledge. Schilling is currently rehabbing his shoulder. Not gone. He didnt go anywhere. He could be back around the All-Star Break if all goes well.

And you know what, I hope Wakefield posts similar stats because it is more than I could expect from a 4th starter. I never said Wakefield was good. I said he was solid. Maybe if you had Wakefield instead of Mussina you could have been better last season.

And Dice-K will hopefully improve on his pitching performance with a year under his belt. And if people do falter, we do have young solid arms in waiting.

You know for all these bad and mediocre stats you say the Red Sox pitchers have, they were still near the top in the majors in ERA and won a World Series. But you don't want to hear that. You want to continue to hammer one point, without stats to back it up. Show me 10 better 4th starters than Tim Wakefield. I dare you.

Find me the newspaper or report or what have you that Schilling is gone. Please. You have said that multiple times now and I have let it slide. Yet again you show a lack of knowledge. Schilling is currently rehabbing his shoulder. Not gone. He didnt go anywhere. He could be back around the All-Star Break if all goes well.

And you know what, I hope Wakefield posts similar stats because it is more than I could expect from a 4th starter. I never said Wakefield was good. I said he was solid. Maybe if you had Wakefield instead of Mussina you could have been better last season.

And Dice-K will hopefully improve on his pitching performance with a year under his belt. And if people do falter, we do have young solid arms in waiting.

You know for all these bad and mediocre stats you say the Red Sox pitchers have, they were still near the top in the majors in ERA and won a World Series. But you don't want to hear that. You want to continue to hammer one point, without stats to back it up. Show me 10 better 4th starters than Tim Wakefield. I dare you.

The keyword on your Schilling rant is "Could". It is not a sure thing he can be back, and even if he does, who knows if he'll be the same. What if it doesn't go well. There is a big chance he will never be the same, or this really is the end of Curt Schilling, pretty much you can't really say much at this moment.

Matsuzaka can improve, and probably will on his stats, because he is definatly better than what he showed last season. Not exactly a great start though in Japan. Beckett may not post the same stats though, it's very hard to win 20 games each season, plus he's injury prone, so you never know.

It's beyond me if Schilling was available to start the season, why the hell you guys would start Wakefield over Buccholz, hell I wouldn't even start Lester over Buccholz. Dumb move on your teams part. You'll eventually kicking be Wakefield out of the rotation, when he has that ERA in the 5's, and if Schilling is able to come back.

It's beyond me if Schilling was available to start the season, why the hell you guys would start Wakefield over Buccholz, hell I wouldn't even start Lester over Buccholz. Dumb move on your teams part. You'll eventually kicking be Wakefield out of the rotation, when he has that ERA in the 5's, and if Schilling is able to come back.

If and when Schilling comes back, you move one of the young guys out of the rotation. The reason for starting Wakefield over Buchholz is because they don't want to put too much strain on the young kids right now. They'll be on a limit of innings for the year, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Colon or Tavarez take some starts from them.

Think of it this way: last year the Yanks, until the playoffs, wouldn't let Joba pitch consecutive days. You have to protect your young arms and having someone like Wakefield eating up and pitching effective innings is a luxury most teams do not have.

If and when Schilling comes back, you move one of the young guys out of the rotation. The reason for starting Wakefield over Buchholz is because they don't want to put too much strain on the young kids right now. They'll be on a limit of innings for the year, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Colon or Tavarez take some starts from them.

Think of it this way: last year the Yanks, until the playoffs, wouldn't let Joba pitch consecutive days. You have to protect your young arms and having someone like Wakefield eating up and pitching effective innings is a luxury most teams do not have.

Yeah, but why start Lester over Buccholz. Some Boston fans don't know how to face the facts that Lester just isn't that good. Buccholz is way better then Lester will ever be.

Yeah, but why start Lester over Buccholz. Some Boston fans don't know how to face the facts that Lester just isn't that good. Buccholz is way better then Lester will ever be.

Lester is going to be a good middle of the rotation starter. Given the fact he is a lefty makes him even more valuable. Having a lefty in the rotation is a very huge key for some teams.

Archived