I knew it!!!

Garb

Was discussing this with a friend last nite. Tom Werner had stated that the person who throws out the first pitch at the Red Sox home opener today will "give everyone in RSN goosebumps" - and I said it was going to be Bill Buckner. Just a hunch - I'm real good at figuring things out - anyway, she says "no way!" So, guess who it was? Yup, Bill Buckner! Guess he got a rousing standing O. Wonder what made him do it? How much money do you think they gave him? I mean this man was pretty much run out of town!

Was discussing this with a friend last nite. Tom Werner had stated that the person who throws out the first pitch at the Red Sox home opener today will "give everyone in RSN goosebumps" - and I said it was going to be Bill Buckner. Just a hunch - I'm real good at figuring things out - anyway, she says "no way!" So, guess who it was? Yup, Bill Buckner! Guess he got a rousing standing O. Wonder what made him do it? How much money do you think they gave him? I mean this man was pretty much run out of town!

what would be better is to have that bartman kid throw out ball in Wrigley.

he was crucified, had to leave job....over a baseball we all would have dove for.

Billy bucks is OK by me, then again i root for Mets

I worked from home today in order to watch the game. Buckner's walk from left field to the mound was great. Standing ovation from the crowd as he was wiping away tears.

Blackout: No one in Boston reads or listens to anything CHB says.

Please Thor.

If we were still chanting "1918" Bill Buckner would still be receiving death threats and wouldn't be coming near the state of Mass. Lets be real here.

Not from me. I blame John MacNamara and Bob Stanley. With a little sprinkling of Calvin Schiraldi.

Ah, the acts of a few bad apples always ruins the fun for the whole barrell.;)

If I remember correctly, Buckner - who was living in a Rhode Island Suburb I believe - uprooted his family and moved to Boise because of the crap his kids were getting at school. HOW AWFUL IS THAT??!!!

Anyway, Buckner made the squad back in 1990 - and received a standing O when he was introduced. Sure, there were scumbags who did not - just like a radio caller I heard yesterday that said "Christ! Bill Buckner???? You just jinxed the whole season!!!" - That folks, is a true M a s s hole. Anyway, Buckner himself - aT his presser - stated that his real problem was with the media. That is was the media that vilified him. It was the media that returned him into the biggest goat of all time. He speaks the truth. The media sucks out loud and if they have an agenda to push - they will warp your brain into thinking what they WANT you to.

I thought yesterday was a great moment for Bill Buckner. Although - in the back of my mind - I couldn't help but think that Red Sox Management was just being exploitive as usual.

how is being a fan whoring out? if you were a famous fan you would do the same thing.

what Crystal did was being a fan? Not in my mind. It was him being an attention whore.

And no. I wouldnt. I dont belong in the batters box. It would be an embarrassment for me and my team.

If you were fine with what he did... ok.

I didnt and still dont agree with it. You arent going to change my mind.

Archived