Desean Jackson, taller, faster, bigger?

Greenseed3

Desean Jackson's biggest knock is being 5'10, 169. But he's praised for running a 4.35.

Here's my question,

if Jackson was 6'2, 210 and ran a 4.28 would he move up draft boards? Of course he would.

Enter Darren Mcfadden, (in a giddy Brian Shottenheimer's new Offensive scheme). If we used Dmac in a Wes Welker role, or had him spread out in gadget plays, post running-formation, there would be no defense to stop him.

1)Leon and Darren in the same backfield would scare d-coordinators crap-less.

2)Adding Coles, Cotch and Baker to the mix would be incredible in a west-coast scheme; it would create incredible mismatches.

In a basic 34 or 43, you would have (one of) Coles, Mcfadden or Cotchery covered by a LB; easily exploited. In nickle or dime packages we could audible to a running play and eliminate one or two LBs from the run-stop.

We could make an offense tougher to defend than the 18-1 patriots.

Because Im bored with the same old Gholtson or DMC, let me throw this out there.

We all agree that our offense lacks speed at the skill positions. What if we:

1) Draft McFadden at 6

and if Desean Jackson slips into the 20s

2) Trade up and take Jackson.

DMC and Jackson would inject some highly needed speed and play making ability. Give Schott those 2 with Coles, Cotch, Leon, and TJ running hard......all of the sudden we'd have the semblance of a real offense.

Pound the ball behind the new oline with TJ and DMC.....put Jackson in the slot.

since when does DMC have receiver type hands? didn't we already try this playing out of position crap with smith?

1) He has good hands.2) Consider it a Reggie Bush-type role; where he lines up, post audible. 3) The way Clemens throws, when crossing the middle, you catch with your body anyway. 4) Notice how much fun Schotty had with Smith? Tell me he wouldn't like to play with another offensive toy.

Archived