What teams should do in the top 10

GIJet

This is who I feel teams picking in the top 10 should draft

Note: Im not predicting trades

1. Miami Dolphins-Jake Long, OT Michigan

Analysis: The Dolphins have holes at LG and RT. We saw first hand what happens when you have holes at LG and RT. Long would improve 3 positions on the line as Vernon Carey could go back to RT where he belongs. One of the reasons the Dolphins have had garbage at QB since Marino is due to the fact that they never actually choose QB's in the draft. The Dolphins are a team that rarely even takes chances on late round QB's and that has got to change. In the end though, I really don't think its fair to draft a QB and put him behind a patchwork oline. Jake Long is probably the smartest pick for the Miami Dolphins.

2. St. Louis Rams- Glenn Dorsey, DT LSU

Analysis: If the choice comes down to Chris Long and Glenn Dorsey I would choose Glenn Dorsey. St. Louis plays a 4-3 defense and is in need of a DT to play next to Carriker as LaRoi Glover is getting up there in age. Dorsey and Carriker would be a nasty combination of defensive tackles for years to come. While the Rams could use a pass rusher, I think Dorsey's is one of those rare lineman that will create oppurtunities for his teammates, and make young guys like Carriker and Albandejeyo's(sp) life easier.

3. Atlanta Falcons- Matt Ryan, QB BC

Analysis: With Glenn Dorsey and Jake Long gone I really don't think Atlanta can go in any other direction. Unlike Miami, KC, and NYJ the Falcons have no young QB to crutch on. I think the Falcons are in a situation (Michael Vick) where a new franchise QB is neccessary for everyone involved in the organization.

4. Oakland Raiders- Chris Long, DE UVA

Analysis: This would be an ideal pick for the Raiders. I think its great karma to have another Long sacking QB's sacking QB's wearing silver and black. Chris also has the ability to play 4-3 and 3-4 LB which is perfect for the Raiders hybrid system.

5. Kansas City Chiefs- Darren McFadden, HB Arkansas

Analysis: Nobody is really talking about this scenarion, but I think KC would be a great spot for DMC. After 415 carries in '06 LJ looked slow last year, and eventually ended the season early due to injury. Sure it would be a lot of money to spend on HB's, but how much does LJ have left? Take a look at Shaun Alexander... RB's don't last forever. This is also a two back leauge and LJ and DMC would be a terrific combo as LJ's weakness is breakaway speed, and DMC's weakness is lowerbody power.

6. New York Jets- Vernon Gholston, DE OSU

Analysis: Gholston definitely has some question marks, and I would like for the Jets to trade down, but at 6 he has good value. It is never a dumb move to add a good pass rusher.. Just ask the Giants.

7. New England Patriots-

Analysis: Miley Cyrus- She loves the camera, and can provide Bellichick entertainment both on and off the field.

8. Baltimore Ravens- Leodis McKlevin, CB Troy-

Analysis: I have never seen McKlevin or DRC play a down of football, but most websites say that scouts like this guy a bit better. Its a boring selection, but Samri Rolle is terrible now, and Chris McCallister hasn't been much better. In a division with WR's like Chad Johnson, Hines Ward, Braylon Edwards, and Donte Stallworth the CB position is very important.

9. Cincinatti Bengals- Sedrick Ellis, DT USC

Analysis- I really do like this guy as prospect in a 4-3 defense. I think hes going to be a superstar, and Cincinatti needs help all over that defense

10. New Orleans- DRC, CB Delaware State or wherever...

Analysis: Fred Thomas sucks.. Jason David sucks.. NO pass d was dreadful last year.. Drafting a CB in the top 10 goes a long way into fixing that.

right. gholston will go to kc if dmc and gholston are still on the board. no way we take a rb

This is thread is based on what I think think teams SHOULD do.. Not what they WILL do..

I think LJ may be finished if he continues to carry the load...LJ needs DMC and DMC needs LJ.. Together I think they could be successful.. alone.. im not so sure..h

This is thread is based on what I think think teams SHOULD do.. Not what they WILL do..

I think LJ may be finished if he continues to carry the load...LJ needs DMC and DMC needs LJ.. Together I think they could be successful.. alone.. im not so sure..h

wasnt bashing your thread or anything. was good read but no way kc goes dmc. lj has proved he can a work horse and even then we have kolby smith who didnt do bad for a rook. we have donnie edwards older outisde backer that we will have to replace eventually. demarrio williams is speedy guy but i think converting gholston to olb would be a better fit to fill the void. plus the johnson gholston duo on the outsides would be pretty badass to see.

wasnt bashing your thread or anything. was good read but no way kc goes dmc. lj has proved he can a work horse and even then we have kolby smith who didnt do bad for a rook. we have donnie edwards older outisde backer that we will have to replace eventually. demarrio williams is speedy guy but i think converting gholston to olb would be a better fit to fill the void. plus the johnson gholston duo on the outsides would be pretty badass to see.

Vernon Gholston playing OLB in Herms Tampa 2??? I haven't heard that one before....

Many are questioning if he can make the transition to a 3-4 OLB let alone the Derrick Brooks postition...

Gholston is a pure pass rusher... Paying him top 5 money, and converting him into a 4-3 OLB is a HUGE risk..

Your the Chiefs fan, but I'd be shocked if they drafted a DE

Well if you're questioning the logic in Miami drafting a QB - a position where someone can play at a pro bowl level into his late 30's - due to last year's uncertainties on the OL, how much sense does it make for KC to draft a RB with an even worse OL? Typically, RB's last 5 years. It's going to take at least 2 years for them to have even an average OL, they already have Johnson and Smith, and have gaping holes at a good 10 positions. Drafting a RB at #6 might be the only bad move for the Chiefs.

I question the Rams picking Dorsey. Sure Glover is getting a little long in the tooth, but he's no older than Leonard Little and that is the only legitimate pass rusher they have. Little missed plenty of time last year and ended up with around one sack. The Rams need pass rush and I think they'd prefer a DE to a DT. They like Wroten and have been burned too often drafting DTs (Jimmy Kennedy anybody?) IMO, they may take Gholston, but if Chris Long is there, they will run and not walk to the podium.

I question the Rams picking Dorsey. Sure Glover is getting a little long in the tooth, but he's no older than Leonard Little and that is the only legitimate pass rusher they have. Little missed plenty of time last year and ended up with around one sack. The Rams need pass rush and I think they'd prefer a DE to a DT. They like Wroten and have been burned too often drafting DTs (Jimmy Kennedy anybody?) IMO, they may take Gholston, but if Chris Long is there, they will run and not walk to the podium.

Yeah. Anyone you take #6 (except maybe a QB) is expected to start right away (picks not turning into busts notwithstanding). You don't draft someone to "groom" at DT over the next couple of years.

I think Dorsey will wind up in K.C. and (no matter where he gets drafted) will be a player in this draft that one day the Miami Dolphins and all the teams will regret not taking. I am not a huge Dorsey fan, but I honestly think that because of all the attention that was taken away from him after he chose not to perform (or couldn't b/c of an injury, i can't quite remember) he will be the pick that got away from the 1-4 teams. I also think that with the depth in the Offensive Line Class and K.C.'s high picks in all rounds will allow for them to draft the best available player at No. 5 and re-vamping their O-Line in the 2nd and/or 3rd Rounds. Keep in Mind they still really do need a playmaker, but not at the RB position, definitely at WR (Bowe was a good addition, but another is needed to complement Bowe) and even possibly at the TE position with Tony Gonzalez up their in age by now.

I believe Al Davis is dumb enough to draft McFadden at the No. 4 Spot, if Atlanta doesnt fall into the same trap and fall in love with his "big playmaking ability" too.

Jake Long - Miami

Chris Long - St. Louis

Matt Ryan - Atlanta

DMC - Oakland

Glen Dorsey - KC

Vernon Gholston - NYJ!!!!

Leonard Littl hasn't been in StL for at least one season. They got rid of him for age reasons (though I think the guy should have been in jail as a murdering SOB, but I digress). It's not unreasonable at all for StL to go with Dorsey.

i said the same thing like a month ago but everyone put it down.

LJ best seasons are when him and preist split carries,DMC always had felix jones to split with. honestly imo DMC will be like a lamont jordan only can run as a two runningback system and not being the star of the offense.

Leonard Littl hasn't been in StL for at least one season. They got rid of him for age reasons (though I think the guy should have been in jail as a murdering SOB, but I digress). It's not unreasonable at all for StL to go with Dorsey.

Booz, that is 100% incorrect (except maybe the murdering SOB part). Little is still on the Rams and signed a big extension at the end of '06. He was there last year, had toe surgery and missed a good chunk of the season. I fail to see how claiming the Rams don't have their best DE makes them MORE likely to pass on Chris Long. The Rams got 5 1/2 sacks out of the DE position last year and just took a UT (Carricker) who they love. Why would they take a guy who plays the same position? They need pass rush and a good DE. Dorsey wouldn't be ridiculous, but with Chris Long and Gholston there I find it hard to believe they wouldn't prefer the DE. Don't forget the injury concerns that have most people dropping Dorsey.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_contract.aspx?sport=NFL&id=1470

Archived