Who really deserves to be the NBA's MVP This season?

MagicBizkit87

Chris Paul, and Kobe need to be the front runners. I honestly don't see why people would call Kevin Garnett in the MVP Race, I wouldn't have him in front of Dwight Howard, T-Mac, and Lebron James. Those 5 in my mind should be in the running, although yeah, the front runners should be Paul, and Kobe. Why do people even consider Garnett in the running when the two others of the big 3 are better than him?

Chris Paul, and Kobe need to be the front runners. I honestly don't see why people would call Kevin Garnett in the MVP Race, I wouldn't have him in front of Dwight Howard, T-Mac, and Lebron James. Those 5 in my mind should be in the running, although yeah, the front runners should be Paul, and Kobe. Why do people even consider Garnett in the running when the two others of the big 3 are better than him?

not into to pro ball but from a guess could be because he has contributed alot to his team. ive yet to watch him but can figure that could be a reason

not into to pro ball but from a guess could be because he has contributed alot to his team. ive yet to watch him but can figure that could be a reason

Yeah, but the players I mentioned above I think are more deserving.

Chris Paul - Leader of the New Orleans, leading team to probably top 3 in the scary West

Kobe - He's Kobe, what else is there to say?

D12 - Leader of young team, and lead them to a 50 win season.

T-Mac - Team caught fire when their big center got injured.

Lebron - down year for him, and his team, but he's still good.

Plus the fact that Garnett isn't even the best player on Boston.

The reason KG is in the MVP race is because of the huge turnaround of the Celtics. Maybe he's suffered stat-wise, 19 PPG 9.3 RPG, but he has brought the Celtics, who were 19th in defense, to number one in every defensive stat. He also triggered the Celtic's biggest turnaround ever.

Garnett is considered the frontrunner b/c he took a horrific team that won 24 games last year and turned them into the favorites to go to the Finals in the East. His stats aren't great this season but that's because the Celts put teams away early on in games and he usually winds up resting in the 4th quarter with his team up by more than 15.

I'd give it to either Garnett or Chris Paul. The NBA wants to give it to Kobe because he's arguably the league's biggest star right now and plays in LA but Kobe plays on a stacked team.

The reason KG is in the MVP race is because of the huge turnaround of the Celtics. Maybe he's suffered stat-wise, 19 PPG 9.3 RPG, but he has brought the Celtics, who were 19th in defense, to number one in every defensive stat. He also triggered the Celtic's biggest turnaround ever.

Yeah, but shouldn't the player whose the best player on the Celtics (Pierce) be the one in the running for MVP, and not Garnett? He may have helped this team make the biggest turn around, but he isn't even the best player on the team, if it were Allen, or Pierce in the running for the MVP I wouldn't care. Garnett is in his low 30's, and he's not even better than the 22 year old Dwight Howard, nor was he ever as good as D12 is right now.

Garnett is considered the frontrunner b/c he took a horrific team that won 24 games last year and turned them into the favorites to go to the Finals in the East. His stats aren't great this season but that's because the Celts put teams away early on in games and he usually winds up resting in the 4th quarter with his team up by more than 15.

I'd give it to either Garnett or Chris Paul. The NBA wants to give it to Kobe because he's arguably the league's biggest star right now and plays in LA but Kobe plays on a stacked team.

Chris Paul I have nothing against, in fact I would like Orlando to make a trade for him right now... lol

I just don't see how KG has a better chance then someone like Kobe Bryant. KG just isn't that good, in fact he sucks.

kobe

kg plays in tha east in tha worst division is tha history of basektball

wit perice and ray ray

Yeah, he has these two other all stars, who in my opinion, both are better than him. On the other hand, Lebron is the best on his team, Kobe is the best on his team, Paul is the best on his team, T-Mac is the best on his team, and D12 is the best on his team. People need to basically stop having a love fest for KG when he isn't even the best player on his own team, he wins MVP, or is even in the running, i'd be shocked.

Compared to the other 5 players I mentioned, yeah he does.

So a former MVP winner who just orchestrated the biggest turnaround in NBA history sucks?

If KG played for any team not named Boston I doubt you would say he sucks.

So a former MVP winner who just orchestrated the biggest turnaround in NBA history sucks?

If KG played for any team not named Boston I doubt you would say he sucks.

If KG played with Pierce, and Ray Allen in lets say... Chicago, I would still say he doesn't deserve to be the mvp. Pierce, and Allen are simply better players right now, so why don't Pierce, or Allen get any MVP nominations? If it were Pierce, or Allen in the running I wouldn't care. KG isn't the best player on Boston. Shouldn't the player who is the best on that team be in the running for the award?

If KG played with Pierce, and Ray Allen in lets say... Chicago, I would still say he doesn't deserve to be the mvp. Pierce, and Allen are simply better players right now, so why don't Pierce, or Allen get any MVP nominations? If it were Pierce, or Allen in the running I wouldn't care. KG isn't the best player on Boston. Shouldn't the player who is the best on that team be in the running for the award?

KG is the best player on the Celtics. I'm a huge Paul Pierce fan but KG has brought back Celtic Pride.

Kobe will win the MVP. Why? Because he wasn't won it before.

Without KG this year the Celtics probably win 35-40 games.

KG is the best player on the Celtics. I'm a huge Paul Pierce fan but KG has brought back Celtic Pride.

I just think that Allen, and Pierce have won the Celtics more games this season for the Celtics, then Garnett has.

I am hoping either Chris Paul wins it, or Dwight Howard wins it, because D12 is my favorite player. I know D12 has no chance, so I guess I am rooting for Paul, sorry kobe... lol

Also, I think with Pierce, and Allen, and lets say they picked up another PF, not named Garnett, say Randolph. I still think they would have won 50 games at least.

I just think that Allen, and Pierce have won the Celtics more games this season for the Celtics, then Garnett has.

I am hoping either Chris Paul wins it, or Dwight Howard wins it, because D12 is my favorite player. I know D12 has no chance, so I guess I am rooting for Paul, sorry kobe... lol

Also, I think with Pierce, and Allen, and lets say they picked up another PF, not named Garnett, say Randolph. I still think they would have won 50 games at least.

KG is the reason the Celtics won 66 games this season. If anyone disagrees with that then they haven't watched the Celtics this season.

no way. eastern conference sucks.

The Celtics went 25-5 against the Western Conference. They swept the Lakers, Mavs and Rockets.

once again, small sample size. let me know how the east did against the west overall. it was a rout. conferences aren't comparable. if you're decent, you got a top seed in the east. Three teams that are anything better than average in the East. 10 teams in the West.

I am not really, he just doesn't deserve the MVP as much as Paul, Kobe, T-Mac, or Howard. I feel those 4 have done more with less help to win his team games.

Paul & Kobe are legit MVP Candidates. T-Mac is borderline and Howard is an absolute joke.

Paul & Kobe are legit MVP Candidates. T-Mac is borderline and Howard is an absolute joke.

Yeah 21 points, 14 rebounds is a complete joke. You never watch Magic games, I am guessing, except for probably the three that they played. In what world is 21 and 14 an absolute joke? If Howard is a joke, I wonder what that makes KG. What does he have like 19, and 9? Whose the joke?

Yeah 21 points, 14 rebounds is a complete joke. You never watch Magic games, I am guessing, except for probably the three that they played. In what world is 21 and 14 an absolute joke? If Howard is a joke, I wonder what that makes KG. What does he have like 19, and 9? Whose the joke?

You just made my point. According to you points and rebounds are all that matters. How about defense?

You just made my point. According to you points and rebounds are all that matters. How about defense?

Who says Howard doesn't play defense.

Howard has 2.2 BPG, Garnett has 1.2 BPG.

Not to mention Dwight Howard is 22 years old, while Garnett is 31, and in a couple of seasons he'll be past his prime.

Archived