SoFlaJets

Lets sim it down to this:

1. Thomas Jones

2. Leon Washington

3. Jesse Chatman

4. Need a franchise Quarterback

5. Need Secondary help

6. Need Receiver help

exactly Joe-we have a very good RBBC-I'll say it again Jesse Chatham is a good back-a guy who CAN score like Cedric Houston was able to do the year before last-we never replaced him and we still won't by drafting a skinny-legged-stands-up-too-straight RB

exactly Joe-we have a very good RBBC-I'll say it again Jesse Chatham is a good back-a guy who CAN score like Cedric Houston was able to do the year before last-we never replaced him and we still won't by drafting a skinny-legged-stands-up-too-straight RB

Yes indeed. The guy ran very well in Miami, yes, Miami, in 2007 and anyone who can run well behind that pathetic Offensive Line that the Jets dominated, with Robertson at Nose Tackle, well that RB has my respect.

But hey Jim, it all comes down to Thomas Jones. I just continue to think -- 1,100 yards behind a **** Offensive Line with a LG who isn't in the league right now, what is he going to do in '08 with Alan Faneca and Damien Woody in place over Adrien Clarke and Anthony Clement? Should be a 1,400 yard season. That should shut the Bust DMC people up big time.

Yes indeed. The guy ran very well in Miami, yes, Miami, in 2007 and anyone who can run well behind that pathetic Offensive Line that the Jets dominated, with Robertson at Nose Tackle, well that RB has my respect.

But hey Jim, it all comes down to Thomas Jones. I just continue to think -- 1,100 yards behind a **** Offensive Line with a LG who isn't in the league right now, what is he going to do in '08 with Alan Faneca and Damien Woody in place over Adrien Clarke and Anthony Clement? Should be a 1,400 yard season. That should shut the Bust DMC people up big time.

look right now I am so bored with this draft crap but all I know is I SAW film clips of McFadden and I'm not impressed. If Ryan falls to us take him (I think Atlanta takes him) if not then I hope this happens; we trade out of 6 to #9 with Cincy and somehow get Chad Johnson in return and then draft CB Rogers-Cromartie at 9-two birds one stone-then get us some pass rusher in round 2

Lets sim it down to this:

1. Thomas Jones

2. Leon Washington

3. Jesse Chatman

4. Need a franchise Quarterback

5. Need Secondary help

6. Need Receiver help

The fact that your #1 reason for not taking a RB is Thomas Jones makes me want DMC all that more.

I dont understand the stupidity that im hearing... what makes you all thing stewart is bette rthen mcfadden??/ is ibecause he had better numbers then mcfadden? umm no... is it because he played in a tougher confrence then mcfadden??ummm no... is it because every scout thinks so? ummm no...

So tell me what makes u think this?? because he has thicker legs??? lol stupidity is so amazing..

I know people like you... just trying to be different or just trying sound smart...lol

2 different kind of players. one can break tackles and move the pile when needed. the other is a gimmick type runner that can run through holes that a dump truk can drive through and out run/stiff arm smaller cb's!

The fact that your #1 reason for not taking a RB is Thomas Jones makes me want DMC all that more.

Why? and don't just say he "sucks" He ran for over 1200 yds with an ok line in Chicago. An he ran for 1100 yds behind a s$*ty line here. Now we have a good line ( I hope)

Why? and don't just say he "sucks" He ran for over 1200 yds with an ok line in Chicago. An he ran for 1100 yds behind a s$*ty line here. Now we have a good line ( I hope)

He is AVERAGE and will never be anything more.

He is 30 now which is when RB's generally start to regress. He doesn't have the speed to take it the distance or the power to break tackles consistently, all he does is dance around in the backfield instead of just going forward. 1100 yards is absolutely nothing for a RB who had that many carries. 2 TDS??? That's ****ing pathetic!!

I do NOT want him as our starting RB next season and would much prefer to have even Leon starting ahead of him, at least he offers a something that may occasionally scare a defense.

The line looked a heck of a lot less '$hitty' with Leon in there.:roll:

IrishJet, you keep bringing up 1100 yards and how its "nothing" but the NFL leading rusher last season I believe barely had, even if he reached it which I don't think he did, 1500 yards.

Also, you must take into account the HORRIBLE run blocking Offensive Line Thomas Jones ran behind plus the predictiablity of Schottenheimer's offense. Basing its soely on Jones' numbers is not doing him justice and just buying into the hype machine of Bust DMC, who can't break a tackle and wouldn't have had 1000 yads behind the Jets Oline of '07.

IrishJet, you keep bringing up 1100 yards and how its "nothing" but the NFL leading rusher last season I believe barely had, even if he reached it which I don't think he did, 1500 yards.

Also, you must take into account the HORRIBLE run blocking Offensive Line Thomas Jones ran behind plus the predictiablity of Schottenheimer's offense. Basing its soely on Jones' numbers is not doing him justice and just buying into the hype machine of Bust DMC, who can't break a tackle and wouldn't have had 1000 yads behind the Jets Oline of '07.

It's amazing how you aren't even prepared to give the guy a chance to prove himself and that you're already proclaiming him a bust.

TJ had 3.6 YPC which is pitiful and YPC is a much, much more effective way of measuring a RB's performance than total yards, total yardage overated. But this isn't about TJ, it's about McFadden.

I think McFadden is extremely talented, obviously you do not, but you're saying that he 'wouldn't have had 1000 yads behind the Jets Oline of '07. ' as though it's a fact when it's just your own opinion. I'm not saying he will be great, but there is a lot of potential there and I sure as Hell wouldn't be against us taking a chance on that. His speed and vision alone give him tremendous playmaking potential and that is something we desperately need on offense.

It's amazing how you aren't even prepared to give the guy a chance to prove himself and that you're already proclaiming him a bust.

TJ had 3.6 YPC which is pitiful and YPC is a much, much more effective way of measuring a RB's performance than total yards, total yardage overated. But this isn't about TJ, it's about McFadden.

I think McFadden is extremely talented, obviously you do not, but you're saying that he 'wouldn't have had 1000 yads behind the Jets Oline of '07. ' as though it's a fact when it's just your own opinion. I'm not saying he will be great, but there is a lot of potential there and I sure as Hell wouldn't be against us taking a chance on that. His speed and vision alone give him tremendous playmaking potential and that is something we desperately need on offense.

A 1000 yard rusher in the NFL means nothing. If a guy has 1100 yards in 16 games it means he rushed for 69 yards per game.

I didn't realise Jones ypc was 3.6.That's better than I thought.

Having a faster or stronger back isn't going to open up holes between the tackles which is why our run game was poor last year.

It's better than Martin had in 1998 with a solid OL and a legit passing game.

Best video of mcfadden I ever seen!!! seriously!! this shows him plowing over people andrunning right down the middle... he is not reggie bush...look at this video honestly and if this doesnt excite you for him to be a jet then I dont know what else to say..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJGTC-StZGI

Favorite_Toon, I'd really like for you to join some of us at Dave & Busters in the city at the Jets' draft party. I would love to see you go through the motions on draft day. :lol:

I am having a draft party at my house... you guys are more thenwelcome to come down here.. im paying for all the beers...and the ordering 4 square pies from spumoni gardens in brooklyn.. which is probaly the best squares ever... :) dont know u guys but who cares come on over...its only 30 mins from times square and who could say no to free beer...lol and i got a 42inch plasma hd broadcast...

I am having a draft party at my house... you guys are more thenwelcome to come down here.. im paying for all the beers...and the ordering 4 square pies from spumoni gardens in brooklyn.. which is probaly the best squares ever... :) dont know u guys but who cares come on over...its only 30 mins from times square and who could say no to free beer...lol and i got a 42inch plasma hd broadcast...

All in favor in going to Favorite_Toon's? :cheers:

All in favor in going to Favorite_Toon's? :cheers:

I'd like to but i'm in central Jersey. Fav. I'm hoping they do get DMC. Enjoy

thanks...and if you change your mind... pm me... and I wil give u all the info.... nobody has to pay for anything... everyting will be provided... Beers,food.... and did u check that video...that was really amazing.. it was diff then all the other videos... the other ones just showed him running through gaping holes...

Archived