Why the Jets Don

SoFlaJets

Or they could draft Jonathan stewart and then completely focus on the defense. maybe even trade down and get him and some extra picks. sounds good to me.

I'm all for this move, but it's very hard now to trade back during the draft....and with the decreased from 15 min. to 10 min. time in the first round, it's really hard to do......I don't think that's a likely scenario.

The jets NUMBER ONE NEED is an explosive home run hitting player. McFadden COULD become that type of guy.

Really? Is McFadden going to score more TD's than Brady will throw for?

The Jets number one need to is build a defense that will pressure Tom Brady.

See this is Why Don maynard is a Hall of Famer. he gets it. You can't out score the pats. you have to put brady on his back more than Gisele.

You can't win in the NFL without scoring points. And you can't build your team based on ONE OTHER TEAM.

You can't win in the NFL without scoring points. And you can't build your team based on ONE OTHER TEAM.

you can if they are in your division. You can't win the division without beating the teams in it. usually.

you have to build your team in this manner.

1. beat the teams in your division
  2. be able to beat the teams in conference
  3. be able to beat other conference to win Super Bowl

My question is: are the upgrades on the O-line good for an average of an additional YPC? If so, that's a pretty dramatic improvement to last year's stats. If so, I have no problems going with what we have and using the 6th pick on a defensive player.

I'm telling you that a lot of you are underestimating Jesse Chatham-that guy is gonna be good for us this year-as long as we don't do something stoopid like drafting a skinny legged all hype second coming of Santana Moss but at RB instead of WR who isn't built for the pro game.

The jets NUMBER ONE NEED is an explosive home run hitting player. McFadden COULD become that type of guy.

I agree the Jets #1 need is an explosive, home run hitting player.

However, I'm completely open to that player playing on offense or defense.

So long as our pick at 6 plays like a stud we'll be fine.

Truth be told...I'm warming to the idea of drafting Ryan.

If by chance this guy really is a Tier 1 QB we will finally have ourselves a consistent chance every year.

Remember guys...QB is the most important position on the field. Period.

I don't know if they NEED Stewat, but if they are going to take a RB, I would much, much rather have Stewart then McFadden

I truthfully don't think RB is a huge need but would love to see Stewart in green & white. If the front office thinks they need a RB for the offense that badly I hope they realize Stewart is much better than McFadden.

can we just not pick in the alloted time and when it gets to say the 9th pick then take Jon Stewart and pay him 9th money? didnt the Vikings basically do that 2 years in a row?

Technically, you can, but it puts a big black eye on Jets with the league and it's fan base....also Jon Stewart would just hold out for #6 money anyway.

Technically, you can, but it puts a big black eye on Jets with the league and it's fan base....also Jon Stewart would just hold out for #6 money anyway.

Your probably right about the hold out. The other problem is NE might take him.

If he is the guy they want at 6, take him, I'm good with that.

I truthfully don't think RB is a huge need but would love to see Stewart in green & white. If the front office thinks they need a RB for the offense that badly I hope they realize Stewart is much better than McFadden.

I dont understand the stupidity that im hearing... what makes you all thing stewart is bette rthen mcfadden??/ is ibecause he had better numbers then mcfadden? umm no... is it because he played in a tougher confrence then mcfadden??ummm no... is it because every scout thinks so? ummm no...

So tell me what makes u think this?? because he has thicker legs??? lol stupidity is so amazing..

I know people like you... just trying to be different or just trying sound smart...lol

We may not need a Running back in some people's eyes but no one can deny that we need a playmaker.

If the front office well and truly believes that McFadden will be a great playmaker in this league they better not pass on him.If they do indeed pull the trigger I will have no problem with us taking him and will support him all the way.

Oh and Thomas Jones sucks.

I dont understand the stupidity that im hearing... what makes you all thing stewart is bette rthen mcfadden??/ is ibecause he had better numbers then mcfadden? umm no... is it because he played in a tougher confrence then mcfadden??ummm no... is it because every scout thinks so? ummm no...

So tell me what makes u think this?? because he has thicker legs??? lol stupidity is so amazing..

I know people like you... just trying to be different or just trying sound smart...lol

I'm just trying to be different? Maybe its because I've watched every single one of Stewarts games in college and anyone who watches him can tell he will be a phenomonal back. The only negatives I've ever heard from people is he gets injured too often (huge misconception), he's slow (he's fast as hell, if he didn't have turf toe he would have run a sub 4.4 at the combine), and that he comes from a spread offense which honestly isn't that big of a deal. Stewart will drag defenders for extra yards because he's absolutley huge, if you ever see the man in person its shocking how large his legs are. He is a great reciever out of the backfield and rarley drops passes and when he needed to he can block. At his size it also won't be very hard to teach him how to block better making him a force there. I don't understand how people can not be in awe of a player who is 235lbs and legitimately runs a sub 4.4 40. Do you realize how absurd that is?

I'm just trying to be different? Maybe its because I've watched every single one of Stewarts games in college and anyone who watches him can tell he will be a phenomonal back. The only negatives I've ever heard from people is he gets injured too often (huge misconception), he's slow (he's fast as hell, if he didn't have turf toe he would have run a sub 4.4 at the combine), and that he comes from a spread offense which honestly isn't that big of a deal. Stewart will drag defenders for extra yards because he's absolutley huge, if you ever see the man in person its shocking how large his legs are. He is a great reciever out of the backfield and rarley drops passes and when he needed to he can block. At his size it also won't be very hard to teach him how to block better making him a force there. I don't understand how people can not be in awe of a player who is 235lbs and legitimately runs a sub 4.4 40. Do you realize how absurd that is?

You obviously a fan of the ducks... and im sure thats why u feel the way you do... but mcfadden is a better talent then stewart...not saying stewart wont be a good pro.. he might.. but if your going to take a chance on someone then you have to on the best player in this draft...

We already have one lame duck oregon player.. we dont need another...

You obviously a fan of the ducks... and im sure thats why u feel the way you do... but mcfadden is a better talent then stewart...not saying stewart wont be a good pro.. he might.. but if your going to take a chance on someone then you have to on the best player in this draft...

We already have one lame duck oregon player.. we dont need another...

Yeah I'm a fan of the ducks but it doesn't matter. The only people who like McFadden a lot are retarded media personalities like Mel Kiper. I can't wait to laugh at you this season when McFadden sucks and Stewart is destroying.

Yeah I'm a fan of the ducks but it doesn't matter. The only people who like McFadden a lot are retarded media personalities like Mel Kiper. I can't wait to laugh at you this season when McFadden sucks and Stewart is destroying.

Yeah ok... root for mcfadden to suck.... that would make alot of sense since you are a jet fan. Look we are all die hard jets fans on this site.. i mean we gotta be to be on here every day discussing the team..

Draft is only 9 days away!!! Amazing.. I remember saying damn.. we still got a little more then 2 months to go... now its nine days!!!

you can if they are in your division. You can't win the division without beating the teams in it. usually.

you have to build your team in this manner.

1. beat the teams in your division
  2. be able to beat the teams in conference
  3. be able to beat other conference to win Super Bowl

Thank you. Especially if that team went 18-1, while setting NFL records. You can win a wildcard and try to get to the SB around them. But they will probably be waiting for you in the Conference championship game in their house if you are lucky enough to get that far.

Beat the bully in your neighborhood.

Archived