Isn't it fitting...

Jets1Fan

that the rivalry between the New England Patriots and the New York Jets is going to play a huge role on Day 1 of the NFL Draft this coming Saturday. The two teams have many different needs, I still can't really believe an overall 18-1 team can be allowed to draft within the first round because of their cheating ways, even if their early first round pick is from a pre-existing trade, New England is lacking youth and speed on the inside of their LB Corps and with the loss (to-date) of Roosevelt Colvin are very weak on the left side of their defense, regardless of Seymour off the edge. New England also took huge hits to their secondary in losing Eugene Wilson, Asante Samuel and Randall Gay which definitely accounts for a huge number of turnovers as one of the best secondaries last year. The Patriots also lost a huge component on their explosive offense in Dante Stallworth; to me Brady just didn't like him, I would actually watch games where I could count about 6-9 times where there was a clear opening for Stallworth to make a reception and a big gain and Brady looked elsewhere to Welker, but my point applies more to an opposing defense because of the attention you have to give Stallworth due to his speed and ability to elude tacklers. Honestly, last year in the second (and first...but we didn't really know what we had that early) game against NE, I thought and predicted a Jets victory of 24-17. I just couldn't see a second time around watching the Jets being completely inept at the player-level and coaching-level against Randy Moss, I knew they were going to make great adjustments and yes the weather conditions helped but the defense had to play in it too.

I can safely say that this year The New York Jets will win at least 1 (if not 2, both, SWEEP) the New England Patriots this coming season. [sORRY HUGE TANGENT] I think we will win those games however, because of our draft picks and decisions. Somehow I know that the Jets will work out a pre-draft day or draft-day trade sending DeWayne Robertson to the Denver Broncos for their 3rd Round Pick, as it has been reported that the two sides already have a contract in place for Robertson to agree to as soon as the trade takes place. Therefore, because of that 3rd Round Pick, Eric Mangini a.k.a. genius, will not trade down his 6th Overall Pick, unless his highly coveted player, VERNON GHOLSTON, has been taken prior to the 6th pick. I have personally waivered on the decision between Darren McFadden and Vernon Gholston, as it seems to me that could be a likely scenario if DMC doesnt go to Oakland or K.C. doesnt trade out for someone who really wants DMC possibly Dallas. I truly believe that we could use either play because of how we're going to run our offense next year by controlling the line of scrimmage and running the ball down our opponents' throats, meaning DMC, but I also see the equivalent necessity on the defensive side of the ball by controlling that line of scrimmage and having the ability to rush off the edge and show different blitz and man combo coverages in our LB Corp and Secondary, meaning Gholston's pass rush ability. I believe in Mangini's and Tannenbaum's holding high priority on choosing character and team players, that's why with this year's pick the Jets should and will select Vernon Gholston. The ceiling on this young man, he's only played 7 years of organized football, rivals Lawrence Taylor. I think we all could agree though, that Lawrence Taylor had much more of a perceived hunger to be the most physical and best Player on the field, a hunger that isn't too prevalent in Gholston, as he is somewhat introverted on the field, not showing too much emotion in the clips that I've seen. BUT i do see the same physicality and raw strength. I hope it's not steroid or whatever-enhanced, but I'll maintain my naivete.

I really think this is the guy we should be going for, but I have a funny feeling that so does that team from New England. I believe they would even highly consider trading their 7th Pick to the K.C. Chiefs so that they could jump right ahead to snag him away from the Jets. Has this kind of rivalry ever been so plainly clear and close because of the back-to-back picks??? I am so happy it is finally here so that we won't have to talk about it anymore, it's right around the Corner and so is our 11-5 season. Enjoy the running game, the all over-the-field LB Corps, and enjoy Justin Miller exceeding your expectations and Revis shutting down Randy, but mostly enjoy the fruits of our off-season acquisitions and the Front Office's willingness and taking action by spending money for the Fans of the greatest team in the NFL. Football gods are on our side now, i can feel it haha! GO JETS!!!!!!!

that the rivalry between the New England Patriots and the New York Jets is going to play a huge role on Day 1 of the NFL Draft this coming Saturday. The two teams have many different needs, I still can't really believe an overall 18-1 team can be allowed to draft within the first round because of their cheating ways, even if their early first round pick is from a pre-existing trade, New England is lacking youth and speed on the inside of their LB Corps and with the loss (to-date) of Roosevelt Colvin are very weak on the left side of their defense, regardless of Seymour off the edge. New England also took huge hits to their secondary in losing Eugene Wilson, Asante Samuel and Randall Gay which definitely accounts for a huge number of turnovers as one of the best secondaries last year. The Patriots also lost a huge component on their explosive offense in Dante Stallworth; to me Brady just didn't like him, I would actually watch games where I could count about 6-9 times where there was a clear opening for Stallworth to make a reception and a big gain and Brady looked elsewhere to Welker, but my point applies more to an opposing defense because of the attention you have to give Stallworth due to his speed and ability to elude tacklers. Honestly, last year in the second (and first...but we didn't really know what we had that early) game against NE, I thought and predicted a Jets victory of 24-17. I just couldn't see a second time around watching the Jets being completely inept at the player-level and coaching-level against Randy Moss, I knew they were going to make great adjustments and yes the weather conditions helped but the defense had to play in it too.

I can safely say that this year The New York Jets will win at least 1 (if not 2, both, SWEEP) the New England Patriots this coming season. [sORRY HUGE TANGENT] I think we will win those games however, because of our draft picks and decisions. Somehow I know that the Jets will work out a pre-draft day or draft-day trade sending DeWayne Robertson to the Denver Broncos for their 3rd Round Pick, as it has been reported that the two sides already have a contract in place for Robertson to agree to as soon as the trade takes place. Therefore, because of that 3rd Round Pick, Eric Mangini a.k.a. genius, will not trade down his 6th Overall Pick, unless his highly coveted player, VERNON GHOLSTON, has been taken prior to the 6th pick. I have personally waivered on the decision between Darren McFadden and Vernon Gholston, as it seems to me that could be a likely scenario if DMC doesnt go to Oakland or K.C. doesnt trade out for someone who really wants DMC possibly Dallas. I truly believe that we could use either play because of how we're going to run our offense next year by controlling the line of scrimmage and running the ball down our opponents' throats, meaning DMC, but I also see the equivalent necessity on the defensive side of the ball by controlling that line of scrimmage and having the ability to rush off the edge and show different blitz and man combo coverages in our LB Corp and Secondary, meaning Gholston's pass rush ability. I believe in Mangini's and Tannenbaum's holding high priority on choosing character and team players, that's why with this year's pick the Jets should and will select Vernon Gholston. The ceiling on this young man, he's only played 7 years of organized football, rivals Lawrence Taylor. I think we all could agree though, that Lawrence Taylor had much more of a perceived hunger to be the most physical and best Player on the field, a hunger that isn't too prevalent in Gholston, as he is somewhat introverted on the field, not showing too much emotion in the clips that I've seen. BUT i do see the same physicality and raw strength. I hope it's not steroid or whatever-enhanced, but I'll maintain my naivete.

I really think this is the guy we should be going for, but I have a funny feeling that so does that team from New England. I believe they would even highly consider trading their 7th Pick to the K.C. Chiefs so that they could jump right ahead to snag him away from the Jets. Has this kind of rivalry ever been so plainly clear and close because of the back-to-back picks??? I am so happy it is finally here so that we won't have to talk about it anymore, it's right around the Corner and so is our 11-5 season. Enjoy the running game, the all over-the-field LB Corps, and enjoy Justin Miller exceeding your expectations and Revis shutting down Randy, but mostly enjoy the fruits of our off-season acquisitions and the Front Office's willingness and taking action by spending money for the Fans of the greatest team in the NFL. Football gods are on our side now, i can feel it haha! GO JETS!!!!!!!

Nicely said, and yes we will beat NE this year!

Sentences and paragraphs are your friend.

You lost me with this inane statement:

The Patriots also lost a huge component on their explosive offense in Dante Stallworth

Stallworth had 46 receptions & 3 TD's last year. He wasn't exactly a huge component of the Pats offense.

Jabar Gaffney had 36 receptions & 5 TD's last year.

Sentences and paragraphs are your friend.

You lost me with this inane statement:

Stallworth had 46 receptions & 3 TD's last year. He wasn't exactly a huge component of the Pats offense.

Jabar Gaffney had 36 receptions & 5 TD's last year.

oh no, i am into writing long things on an open post forum about a team i really like. let it be man, and, I wouldn't call it inane...overstatement is probably more fitting, but you probably thought too hard about "inane" and thought it made you seem clever, but incorrect. Whatever...bunches of people read this and didnt feel the need to bash me, but you, you did. way to go haha

Gotta love jets fans this time of year. Its the only time during the entire football season where they have hope that their team will be better than the Pats, because we all know that once the season starts that reality goes out the window.

As far as personnel losses goes Stallworth and Wilson were not going to be resigned. Stallworth lost his job to Gaffeney and Wilson lost his job last year to Sanders. Pats were not going to pay Randall Gay anywhere close to what NO paid for him

Gotta love jets fans this time of year. Its the only time during the entire football season where they have hope that their team will be better than the Pats, because we all know that once the season starts that reality goes out the window.

As far as personnel losses goes Stallworth and Wilson were not going to be resigned. Stallworth lost his job to Gaffeney and Wilson lost his job last year to Sanders. Pats were not going to pay Randall Gay anywhere close to what NO paid for him

someday we will be better than the pats... SOMEDAY!:P

oh no, i am into writing long things on an open post forum about a team i really like. let it be man, and, I wouldn't call it inane...overstatement is probably more fitting, but you probably thought too hard about "inane" and thought it made you seem clever, but incorrect. Whatever...bunches of people read this and didnt feel the need to bash me, but you, you did. way to go haha

:rl: You're new but you're good. :biggrin:

The Jets have more than enough holes to worry about what the Pats might do one spot below them.

If the guy they want is not there then just trade down and pick up extra picks. Don't worry about what the Pats MIGHT do. No one should give a sh!t what the Pats do. If you think Beilcheat is going to draft a player just to p!ss of the Jets then you guys don't know Belicheat.

If they trade up and take Gholston. Trade down and get the extra pick. If they use the pick properly they end up with 2 nice players instead of one.

Keep building the Defense.

It is a win-win situation for the Jets.

The Jets have more than enough holes to worry about what the Pats might do one spot below them.

If the guy they want is not there then just trade down and pick up extra picks. Don't worry about what the Pats MIGHT do. No one should give a sh!t what the Pats do. If you think Beilcheat is going to draft a player just to p!ss of the Jets then you guys don't know Belicheat.

If they trade up and take Gholston. Trade down and get the extra pick. If they use the pick properly they end up with 2 nice players instead of one.

Keep building the Defense.

It is a win-win situation for the Jets.

I agree not to make our decisions based on those of N.E., completely agree with you on that one...my remark was more about how completely f***ed it is that they are even picking at 7, and just happens to be right behind us, it's pretty inane. Fewer holes are being worried about now than before, and now involves the draft and how we will get better through the draft. And yes, I do think Bellichek would do any and everything to get a player that they highly coveted and steal him away before the Jets. If you DONT realize how he would want to take away a player that the Jets Hold Highly as well, than you obviously haven't learned anything from Spygate...because that was hand signals, you can bet your ass that he would have something up his sleeve for a PLAYER (no hand signals)...whatever, this thread really isnt that critical.

I'm more interested if St. Louis goes Dorsey or Long

Archived