The Jets are NOT Trading UP

TheSage

Down maybe but certainly not up. you trade up ONLY when there is a specific need, a specific player that fills that need, a chance that the player may not fall to you and value. the Jets have specific needs (no overriding needs) and if one were to consider CB or WR as specific needs there is no value above the #6 to fill those needs. So the Jets draft for depth at 6 or trade down to get value in later picks.

I don't claim any inside knowledge. but history teaches us that the parameters I set forth above have consistently applied in past with any decent organization at least as far as applies to top picks. But I could be one of the NY columnists caliming inside knowledge and if I am right 10% of the time could keep reminding everyone.

How do you KNOW what they are going to do ? You haven't a CLUE. Neither do I for that matter.

None of us know what they are going to do. They might not even know, but what do YOU WANT them to do?

Nobody knows...but I think they have a very specific player that they want to move up for... or hope lands to them..

They had better. Especially if they are planning to pull the trigger and move up.

None of us know what they are going to do. They might not even know, but what do YOU WANT them to do?

They had better. Especially if they are planning to pull the trigger and move up.

Whatever they feel is best, I'll be ok with.

Whatever they feel is best, I'll be ok with.

****ing diplomats! I know you're worried about Gholston. He'd kind of be my first pick, but I think I'll be happy with what they decide. The thing I hate is when they get caught holding their jocks. Like when Favre got picked and they took Nagle. Felt dumb.

****ing diplomats! I know you're worried about Gholston. He'd kind of be my first pick, but I think I'll be happy with what they decide. The thing I hate is when they get caught holding their jocks. Like when Favre got picked and they took Nagle. Felt dumb.

I don't like Gholston, you're right. If they think he's best, I'll live with it, but I know this... our offense doesn't scare a soul.

I don't claim any inside knowledge. but history teaches us that the parameters I set forth above have consistently applied in past with any decent organization at least as far as applies to top picks. But I could be one of the NY columnists caliming inside knowledge and if I am right 10% of the time could keep reminding everyone.

The past week or two have reaffirmed my conviction that the beat writers for the Jets do not know squat--especially Cannelone-oops, I mean Cannizzaro. These guys in the FO really know how to clamp the lid down on things

You sure have that right. I would prefer O too, but I'm not enamored with McFadden's running style and I doubt Ryan is going to scare anybody this season.

The only way we can improve our offense through the draft is grabbing cherilous, otah, albert are the dude from boise state. There just aren't any offensive playmakers that aren't runningbacks this year.

Most are in agreement that we hold a weak offense but we need to make due.

You sure have that right. I would prefer O too, but I'm not enamored with McFadden's running style and I doubt Ryan is going to scare anybody this season.

I'm not saying I want Ryan or anything, but in my opinion, he'd be the best QB on the team if we took him from day 1.

Archived