Keller is a gift for Chad?

lancemehl

What's the deal?:

1. a gift for Chad to dump the ball off to?

2. They simply LIKE this guy that much and think he can create matchup problems?

3. Something with the Giants in the works?(They want Shockey gone, we jumped right in front of them)

4. Baker's gone?

There has to be a REASON you trade two picks to move up a couple spots other than,"he was the best guy available"

I thought they were targeting Henne. What's up?

Big target, incredibly gifted athlete. Will cause all kinds of matchup problems as a TE.

Also, your point about Chad may run true, he will be great at gaining YAC.

You know, the draft is such a crapshoot, You or I could do Mel Kiper's job with enough hairspray. He ALWAYS wrong. Everybody is. It's just interesting tht they did that.

Hey, maybe it's as simple as you said, they Just REALLY like this kid and they knew the Giants had eyes on him, Since Chad WILL be the starter on opening day, you can't have too many of these guys.

I guess we're starting the Chad hating again. I think we ALL agree we have one of the best One-Two punches in the league in Coles-Cothery, somebody was getting the ball to them to give us that opinion.

What's the deal?:

2. They simply LIKE this guy that much and think he can create matchup problems?

3. Something with the Giants in the works?(They want Shockey gone, we jumped right in front of them)

4. Baker's gone?

There has to be a REASON you trade two picks to move up a couple spots other than,"he was the best guy available"

Why would they have targetted Henne? They have enough money tied in the QB position. People get obsessed with certain players and forget about it being team needs

What's the deal?:

4. Baker's gone?

If anything, this pick is a gift for Clemens. Chad cant make the throws that would exploit Keller's skill set. The seam route? No. Thread it inside between to pro LBs? No.

This offense is being built for Clemens.

If anything, this pick is a gift for Clemens. Chad cant make the throws that would exploit Keller's skill set. The seam route? No. Thread it inside between to pro LBs? No.

This offense is being built for Clemens.

No question he was phenomenal last year, this is clearly Clemens' team.

What's the deal?:

4. Baker's gone?

You're probably right on all counts. Personally I wanted Hardy at that spot but if Baker is on his way out and Keller pans out it may be a successful pick.

You're probably right on all counts. Personally I wanted Hardy at that spot but if Baker is on his way out and Keller pans out it may be a successful pick.

They could come in with a 3 TE set Baker, Franks, and Keller and check off and send Keller out wide!

No question he was phenomenal last year, this is clearly Clemens' team.

How did Chad play last year, and the year before last, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that.......................

How did Chad play last year, and the year before last, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that.......................

Pretty good, usually we go to the playoffs with Chad, except when we have NO defense, because we are playing a 3/4 with Vilma and Robertsoj, but with a defense, Chad's not bad, good comp %(best in league mostly), takes care of the ball, runs the offense, wins playoff games, Kellen, I DON'T KNOW@!!!!!!!NOBODY DOES he's done NOTHING!!!!!

What's the deal?:

4. Baker's gone?

They drafted him because they needed an Offensive playmaker and he was the best one available to them at that point in the draft.

I think we ALL agree we have one of the best One-Two punches in the league in Coles-Cothery, somebody was getting the ball to them to give us that opinion.

You do NOT agree about Coles and Cotchery? Really? No, really?

What happened that I missed because last I checked they were pretty good.

No. I do not agree about Coles and Cotchery. I do not agree that Coles and Cotchery are "one of the best One-Two punches in the league". Not even close. They probably aren't even in the top half. They are both pretty good, but NOT ONE OF THE BEST 1-2 PUNCHES. If you mean they are pretty good then say that and stick to it. Having two "pretty good" wrs does not say anything about the QB. Nothing at all. Detroit has a better 1-2 punch with no offensive line at all and Jon Kitna at QB. Is that the point you are trying to make?

Pretty good, usually we go to the playoffs with Chad, except when we have NO defense, because we are playing a 3/4 with Vilma and Robertsoj, but with a defense, Chad's not bad, good comp %(best in league mostly), takes care of the ball, runs the offense, wins playoff games, Kellen, I DON'T KNOW@!!!!!!!NOBODY DOES he's done NOTHING!!!!!

I agree. you are right. Kellen Clemens has done nothing during his tenure with the Jets so far, mainly because he has only started a handful of games. Unfortunately for you though he is already better than your boy Chad Pennington who has gotten tons of playing time and has done nothing since 2002.

They could come in with a 3 TE set Baker, Franks, and Keller and check off and send Keller out wide!

I'm excited to see how they employ him. They could do this. They could run a lot of two-TE sets, and split off Keller. They could run with Keller as the lone TE with Richardson in the backfield to pick up the blocking slack. They could show no deception at all, and just line him up as the slot receiver.

Bottom line is that they needed a playmaker on offense, and found themselves a guy who was extremely productive in college and blew the combine workouts out of the water. Not a bad combination for the 30th pick of the draft.

And yeah, I'm pretty confident that it'll be Kellen to Keller.

Archived